Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
The Prom Dress thread! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:12 am
One month? eek Hon, if you're going to make your dress, you may want to go ahead and get started!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:24 am
Brunette_Star
One month? eek Hon, if you're going to make your dress, you may want to go ahead and get started!
I knooow... I'm so upset with myself... But if I don't get it done, I can skip this prom and just go to the homeschooled one my friend plans to have... xD.. ~Still sad though.~  

CrystalRose

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:44 am
OUch. I have a little over a month, but i've got everything worked out. Later today i'm sitting down with my mom and figuring out all the steps, and how long what will take, and what i can do without her and what i need her help with, and we're figuring out a 'goal schedual'.

I have a week long spring break, right after my mom's week long spring break, in between now and prom, and i'm hoping to get it all done then.

Though now i need to talk to my girlfriend, since she was going to talk to her dad about not going because he's the reason we're going, due to the fact that he's forcing her to go.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:35 am
Well, if you don't finish your dresses in time (or decide not to go), why not go ahead and finish them anyway, then you and some friends can dress up and go out to dinner?  

Brunette_Star

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:04 pm
Brunette_Star
Well, if you don't finish your dresses in time (or decide not to go), why not go ahead and finish them anyway, then you and some friends can dress up and go out to dinner?

I'm going to go ahead and make mine even if we don't go, because the dress i think i want to base it off of is soo pretty.... and it could be used for other things. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:35 pm
We have the pattern, and are working on combining the pieces. I'm still trying to figure out what fabric to use.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

x_dreamweaver_x

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:25 am
I'm not making my prom dress, but I just want to give props to all the people talented enough to do so heart You guys rock!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:41 am
I wish I could've made my prom dress. But I loved my dress anyway. It was gorgeous! And I think I get to re-wear it next month for a fraternity thing. I just have to talk to the other girl that's rushing and see if she's gonna do the same. Big huge dresses! YAY!  

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

ladyleprechaun13

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:01 pm
Last year, I had a professional seamstress make my dress (my rich grandpa payed for it all). The pattern, I later learned, was intended to be a Lord of the Rings costume, so whenever I watch one of the movies, I giggle about having the same dress as Arwen. This year, I'm probably going to buy one. I've already got an idea, but I've recently seen a couple more that I really like, so I'm not sure.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:16 pm
ladyleprechaun13
Last year, I had a professional seamstress make my dress (my rich grandpa payed for it all). The pattern, I later learned, was intended to be a Lord of the Rings costume, so whenever I watch one of the movies, I giggle about having the same dress as Arwen. This year, I'm probably going to buy one. I've already got an idea, but I've recently seen a couple more that I really like, so I'm not sure.

eek Rich grandpa....  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:45 pm
Okay, pattern changed. I'm now using Simplicity pattern 4070. I'm making veiw F, the one with the lace over another fabric. I'm thinking i'm going to be using silvery colors, but i don't have the fabric yet. I'll be going with my mom to Joanns later, since i think that they have a bit bigger selection then our hancocks.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:59 pm
kochi~mochi
ladyleprechaun13

eek Rich grandpa....
Funny thing is, he's a farmer.  

ladyleprechaun13

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:22 pm
kochi~mochi
Okay, pattern changed. I'm now using Simplicity pattern 4070. I'm making veiw F, the one with the lace over another fabric. I'm thinking i'm going to be using silvery colors, but i don't have the fabric yet. I'll be going with my mom to Joanns later, since i think that they have a bit bigger selection then our hancocks.
I'll have to check that one out the next time I'm at a fabric store...and knowing me that might be tomorrrow. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:52 pm
I'll have a picture (perhaps a scan) of the fabrics i'm using later this evening. We decided to go with just an over skirt, rather then a whole overdress. I got pretty silvery material that makes my eyes look greenish, and i hope to be able to do some beadwork on the top and the hem of the overskirt, and put a belt with a bow and beading... if i have time for beading. xp otherwise its gonna be embroidery.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:38 am
kochi~mochi

I just looked at that pattern - very pretty! (Any chance of pictures when you're done?)  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff