what happens when u die? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:05 pm

Here's a thought, though it may be getting off topic. Putting aside religion which would be getting even more onto another topic, why would you need to be "truly, deeply sorry" for things you've done really when you die? After all, when you did something in the first place you either A) thought you were justified in doing it/had to do it or B) it was an accident. If you found out later you were misinformed about justifications you thought you had for doing something and were not really justified, you then fall under the category of an accident again. If you were justified you don't need to be sorry, if it was an accident, you didn't do it on purpose, so you've probably long ago apologized and made up for it to the injured party, and thus you no longer need to be sorry, having made up for it. If you were justified, or at least still feel justified, in what you did, then you have no cause for feeling sorry about it.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:32 am
bluecherry

Here's a thought, though it may be getting off topic. Putting aside religion which would be getting even more onto another topic, why would you need to be "truly, deeply sorry" for things you've done really when you die? After all, when you did something in the first place you either A) thought you were justified in doing it/had to do it or B) it was an accident. If you found out later you were misinformed about justifications you thought you had for doing something and were not really justified, you then fall under the category of an accident again. If you were justified you don't need to be sorry, if it was an accident, you didn't do it on purpose, so you've probably long ago apologized and made up for it to the injured party, and thus you no longer need to be sorry, having made up for it. If you were justified, or at least still feel justified, in what you did, then you have no cause for feeling sorry about it.

True enough.. but you forget about those that know that something is wrong and do it anyway.. simply because they don't care about the pain it gives others cause they seem to delight in that sort of thing.. and it gives them some kind of maniacal rush that those of us with an actual conscience fail to understand.. only the "higher being" that some of us believe in.. knows what was in the heart and mind of the person doing the actual deed at the time it was done.. or so, I believe..

But I agree with you that those that didn't intend to hurt anyone should have it wiped from their "life card" and just chalk it up as a lesson that was learned.

As for the afterlife question.. I do believe there's an afterlife.. I just think it takes lots of rounds of reincarnation before you actually get placed in a "heaven" or a "hell." We can only learn so much in a given time.. one lifetime isn't long enough, in my opinion, to go through every single trial and tribulation there is to experience.

All in all, it all depends on what each of us believes in.. no one is right or wrong to believe what they do.. and our "afterlives".. if there is such a thing, are what we all make of it or make it out to be. The thought of reincarnation sits comfortably with me.. and until I chalk up enough marks to where I'd eventually have no more turns on earth.. that's what I'm banking my faith on.

ps-
I didn't mean for it to look like I singled you out, bluecherry.. and I'm not being antagonistic or anything.. I just wanted to refer to your post cause I thought you made a good point. smile Good day to you. biggrin  

oHNo3

Shameless Grabber

15,800 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cool Cat 500

bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:40 pm
Yes, there are people who do things without caring if it's right or not, take pleasure in causing suffering for others for no reason other then the act of doing it itself, but do you think those are the type of people who would feel sorry for doing it later any way? Again, they'd feel justified -- "I did it because I wanted to and that's good enough." And don't worry about making me feel "singled out" -- I don't mind such things anyway unless it was unfairly done as I had been only one of several people to say something for example. 3nodding You have a nice day too.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:46 am
~~cutie~princess~queen~~
hell or heaven?

cemetery or bliss?

give me some hope!!

arrow All of mankind have been asking that very question,
since the dawn of free will.

exclaim
When death comes, it is the end of your mortal life.
It also is the beginning of your eternity, of life, or second death.

No mortal can tell you if your name is written in The Book Of Life.

Demoire

Celest Demonlane

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:24 pm
Yes yes, that is very thoughtful indeed.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:09 am
Celest Demonlane
Yes yes, that is very thoughtful indeed.
Thank you. =3

bluecherry
Yes, there are people who do things without caring if it's right or not, take pleasure in causing suffering for others for no reason other then the act of doing it itself, but do you think those are the type of people who would feel sorry for doing it later any way? Again, they'd feel justified -- "I did it because I wanted to and that's good enough." And don't worry about making me feel "singled out" -- I don't mind such things anyway unless it was unfairly done as I had been only one of several people to say something for example. 3nodding You have a nice day too.

question
Will they really feel justified?

Demoire

bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:22 am
To put it simply - they're sociopaths I'm talking about, criminally insane, they don't exactly think straight. So in their warped minds working in warped ways, yeah, they really think that they are justified. *shrug*

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:53 am
bluecherry
To put it simply - they're sociopaths I'm talking about, criminally insane, they don't exactly think straight. So in their warped minds working in warped ways, yeah, they really think that they are justified. *shrug*

You can not blame them, for they are insane.

But, there is not just either accident and/or justified.

There are other factors to consider.

Like I've said in that other thread.

Demoire

oHNo3

Shameless Grabber

15,800 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:59 pm
Demiore

It's not that hard to fathom that they would feel justified.. they're thinking is backwards.. if "Man A" from your "example" in another thread can feel righteous about his extreme actions simply because his personal reasons were good enough to justify it (in his heart and mind).. why wouldn't a lunatic freely be able to feel justified in whatever harm he/she caused? Wouldn't they have their own reasons also, no matter how ridiculous and unwarranted they may be?  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:54 pm
oHNo3
Demiore

It's not that hard to fathom that they would feel justified.. they're thinking is backwards.. if "Man A" from your "example" in another thread can feel righteous about his extreme actions simply because his personal reasons were good enough to justify it (in his heart and mind).. why wouldn't a lunatic freely be able to feel justified in whatever harm he/she caused? Wouldn't they have their own reasons also, no matter how ridiculous and unwarranted they may be?

Yes.
But the gravity of justice will always be served.
For there is a balance, between good and evil.
A sacrifice on behalf of the birthing of freewill.

Demoire

bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:10 am
A couple thoughts reading those past couple posts:
1) "Birthing free will"? That sounds like a lady in some serious pain to get out something that is part of pretty much every human - it would be huge. >o<
2) Actually, I'm with oHNo3 on this one. Between the two threads it sounds like you're trying to say two contradictory things at once -- in one thread that anybody can both feel and be justified in doing anything and now here that you can't even feel justified in doing certain things possibly and that they most certainly would not be justified any way since some kind of justice is going to come and hunt them down and make sure nobody ever gets away with something.
3) Free will can only exist with a "balance of good and evil"? Isn't that statement contradicting itself? If it's free will, we do whatever we please. In acting freely by definition we can not be manipulated to do an equal amount of good and bad things. That we would always freely choose to do a balanced amount of good and evil is so unlikely it's absurd. Actually, it can't be measured by secular means since we're not omniscient, we don't know everything to ever go on to be sure and even if you want to go into religious ideas it can't be true at least in christianity because if that was the case somebody wouldn't have been sent down to absolve humanity of it's "sins." I don't think it could work in judaism either, they have the really angry version of god who doesn't like people I believe and if we did an equal amount of good and evil wouldn't that make people neutral, not worthy of being angry at? Also, in case somebody wanted to bring up a challenge of good and evil coming from non-human sources to make up the difference, good and evil are moral judgements and only people on Earth have the capacity to make moral judgements, so all good and evil must be attributed to people. Things from other sources like animals and inanimate objects happening can be considered nice things in as far as how they effect people and the things people like, like a rainy day watering your garden, or a disaster in as far as how they effect people and the things they like, like a hurricane anhiliating your home, but not really good and evil.
4) If there's always a balance of good and evil though, even if you did want to go and make one logic-defying statement of that balance always existing as long as free will does by people being sort of made to do so, wouldn't that mean not just that justice was being served when somebody did something bad but also that every time somebody did something good something bad would have to happen? Or basically it could be said that bad things only happen because good things happen, or good things only happen because bad things happen. That last statement isn't contradictory in and of itself or anything, but it sure does suck.
5) I never said insanity was neccesarily always their fault, however even if it's not their fault that doesn't change that they ARE insane and WOULD feel justified/think they're justified. Which is my point, not that it either is an accident or else they ARE justified, but that either it's an accident or they THINK they are justified. However, short of crazy people, I don't think people really do things they aren't justified in doing. That said, I also think most people in the world are at least a little crazy at least in some way too unfortunately. lol

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:39 am
bluecherry, I must say, I admire your mind. For a minute, while I read his posts, I thought I was going a little nuts myself reading his comment here after reading his comments in the other thread.

I was never one for the "Socrates" approach.. it just seems like a lot of vague ramblings.. riddles are fine.. and so is poetic speech.. but when you want answers.. it just seems like a waste of time and energy.. no slight to you, Demiore..  

oHNo3

Shameless Grabber

15,800 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Beauty Beyond the Rose

10,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:13 pm
My opinion is that you go to heaven/hell. But I also believe in riencarnation. You go to heaven or hell depending on what you're life was like. And you live a life of pain or luxury. Then when the time is right you are reborn into the world as a creature aor human to have a new life. You live, you die, and you're reorn again. That's my theory.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:33 am
Thanks oHNo3, on your confusion over his posts at least, you are completely sane. xd Yeah, I generally find the method just annoying in most cases. The only times it really does good is occasionally when you've explained things already to somebody the best you can and they are still confused, so you ask them questions that as they answer them will step by step lead them in the right direction so this way they come to their own understanding since you couldn't get it to them directly.

That's your "idea" Beauty Beyond the Rose, just to make sure we're using terms here properly. wink Anyway, what do you propose would be the purpose of this cycle? What makes it the "right time" to be born again? Is there ever a poaint where you think this cycle ends, eh? Does every thing to live participate in this cycle? Do you think there is any choice to be had in the matter as to how and when you go and where you go?

bluecherry
Vice Captain

Celest Demonlane

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:40 pm
>.> I admire Demiore in the way he thinks. It's confusing, yet I understand it at the same time. I know that doesn't make complete sense(if not, none), but it sure does to me. Now don't go and post extra things after this post like "Then you're weird" or "If you think like that you're a psycho" or other such things because I've heard that my whole life, I won't take any more of that type of crap.

I know how it feels to be out numbered, just for your opinion. What Demiore posted/said is what he BELIEVES, it's completely his OPINION and not for judging by anyone other than himself.

Period.  
51: Philosophy.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces