Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Show and tell, March 2007 (will probably become image heavy) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Show us something!
  Ok, here's my awesome project:
  Nope, nothing to see here...
View Results

Float-your-boat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:45 am
cool stuff  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:23 pm
User Image
I finally finished the purple necklace of doom. >< My battries where so dying, to, so once I get new ones, I'll post a new pic.  

Silver Mist

Silver Sunrise

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:04 pm
Silver Mist
[img]*snip*[img]
I finally finished the purple necklace of doom. >< My battries where so dying, to, so once I get new ones, I'll post a new pic.

Ooooo So pretty! I like that. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:59 am
Silver Mist
*snipped image as well*

Oh that's very pretty!! It looks so dainty and shiny. Was it difficult? I've never made jewerly like that but it looks like it'd be a fun craft to pick up.  

faeriebell

Eloquent Conversationalist

15,975 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:04 pm
faeriebell
Silver Mist
*snipped image as well*

Oh that's very pretty!! It looks so dainty and shiny. Was it difficult? I've never made jewerly like that but it looks like it'd be a fun craft to pick up.

Thank you both for the compliments. ^^ Thats probably one of my favorite things I've ever made. ^^

Jewlrey making isnt hard, but it takes a bit to get the hang of.

The hardest part of that necklace was simply doing all the wire wrapping. >< Where you see purple in the chain is where I removed links of chain and replace them with swavorski (sp?) crystals. The crystals are on striaght metal wire, with the ends tightly wrapped. I need to get new battries- pictures help so much with talking about this.

Its way fun and way expensive to pick up as a hobby. My bead collection (which is pictured in the shinies thread) is easily worth upwards of $400 by this point in time. Then again, my favorite beads are not cheap- think only knitting with the best yarns. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:08 am
User Image

this is april showers.

(This was finished the last day of march, but for an april 8 dead line. I am now working on the april 12th dead line. )  

ecart

ecart

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:13 am
That is very elegant. What kind of a clasp did you finish with?

heart heart "shiny beads" heart heart  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:21 am
love everyones stuff!
i made this sweater for my cousin (miles, b. march 14). its from debbie bliss with carons yarn.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Fionamule

CrystalRose

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:49 am
hmsgodess
User Image

this is april showers.

(This was finished the last day of march, but for an april 8 dead line. I am now working on the april 12th dead line. )

That's adorable!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:29 pm
hmsgodess
That is very elegant. What kind of a clasp did you finish with?

heart heart "shiny beads" heart heart

A simply lobster claw. Its a bright silver, though, like the chain. ^^ (And theres a tiny purple crystal hanging on the clasp, for shinies sake)

I like the april showers piece you did. ^^  

Silver Mist

Ska Hippie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:53 pm
Wow!! Everyone's projects are awesome!!! biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:18 pm
I've been very busy the last couple of months. I discovered that I'm a lot less peed off when I'm crocheting, so I'm doing it alot.
In progress

A Jacket ( Crochet) for a college project. Its for a 4 years old, it pale pink at the moment.
What left to do on it
- Hood
- Dye
- Buttons

Also in progress, a cushion patch cushion (Crochet) with hearts on it. Just the edge left.

Finshed

A black fluffy scarf, its ace! It my favourite blue too, and it matchs 2 of my bags.
Including a A2 bag for my college work its patchworked with starry fabric.

And the best slippers ever!!! GRUNNYS!!!!!! Ok they need eyes still but I need to steal buttons from college for them

Oh and there is all ways the most Brillant corset in the world!
Its made from steel and copper.
It wasn't made last month, I just haven't posted in a while.

GooGooDoll

3,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:15 pm
This is my salad scarf. User Image It was an experiment to see if i could teach myself how to crochet. The scarf is made of Red Heart green yarn (it's neither comfortable, nor is it warm... but it is cute!) and the vegetables are just random yarns that i found to represent the veggies. The scarf itself is knitted, while the veggies are crocheted, and the carrots are just tied in. Detail:
User Image
There are carrots, cherry tomatoes, cabbage strips, cheese (the yellow things), eggs, and mushrooms. If there was a vegetarian pride day, this would be my official veggie pride scarf.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:42 am
I love the salad scarf, very creative. I'm told Red Heart will soften up after a few washings with fabric softener but I haven't had the chance to try it yet.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas