Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Barbies Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sims is like Barbies
  aha! it is!!!
  if you say so... :-
View Results

Greenzally

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:17 am
Zomg. I just realized that the Sims really are like our barbies....

LOL I LOVED barbies when I was younger. I just realized why I love the sims so much xd  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:19 am
The original idea of the Sims was a dollshouse, I heard, so yeah it is.  

Chikiya

athena08905

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:11 pm
"when barbie flew" HAHAHAHAHAHA rofl nice
it is based off a dollhouse!? haha cool!
my barbies walked around by themselves everytime I went to bed...ever seen toystory? yeah, that's probably why I get bored with sims quick...cuz I control pretty much everything they do...I maxed motives just so Icould watch my little toddler boy eat and play in the snow heart heart it was cute cuz he just wailed his li'l arms everywhere and...awe it was adorable...at least I let them have their "free will" razz I know quite a few people who don't even grant them their will...or free...the will :- yeah...anywho...50/50 is what the poll is at right now...I thought it would be more "yes"es but I can see why some people don't see it as I do  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:36 am
I loved playing with doll houses when I was little and now I love the sims! Similar games, only one is for older people.. blaugh  

Silver.-.Bullet

breezahisakata

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:07 am
Sort of, in that you have a lot of freedom to do whatever with the mini peoples, and there's no real set goals. I think I'm nicer to my sims than I was to my barbies though..
That would've been awsome if there were vampire and alien barbies like there are in the sims mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:44 pm
Spoilt_lil_missy
I don't know; I can see what you're saying but I don't go for total control over my Sims...everything that they can do for themselves, the do for themselves, the only thing I control are the things that they can't. And I don't remember my Barbie doll (I only had one) ever walking around by herself and having loads of kids...and I would never throw my Sims across the room...which is what used to happen to my Barbie when she 'flew'
mine did but my mine were possed (barbies)  

goddess_oraorchid

`R a i n b o w

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:37 pm
Jhlalala
im a barbie girl in a barbie world wrapped in plastic its fantastic
[User Image]

i'm an ugly girl, in an ugly world. my boobs are plastic, it's fantastic [you're so ugly you disgust me]

i'd have to agree with Menaceman. except for the cuddling part..err

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:03 pm
lol, my friend and I often refer to the sims as "virtual barbies." I loved Barbie when I was younger, even my guy friends played with my barbies, though they won't admit that now. blaugh However, sims does have an edge over barbie, in that you can't pick up a sim and smack someone with it. Boy howdy, did barbie's plastic legs hurt. eek  

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

Noembelu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:54 pm
Eh, kinda.

But I think The Sims is much more complex, since you have to feed and take care of them.

With Barbies, well.....Barbie can go forever without eating if you want her to.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:38 pm
I know a diffrence I can't chew on Barbie's leg anymore. I used to take one leg and my friends dog would have the other and we'd pull she alway won

I use to chew on things sweatdrop *chews on the collar of her shirt* WHAT? I like the clorox taste....  

goddess_oraorchid

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:08 pm
goddess_oraorchid
I know a diffrence I can't chew on Barbie's leg anymore.

lmao, I did something like that too, only it was barbie's hand, and while the dog didn't share it with me she was the one who inspired me. twisted  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:47 pm
haha, yeah I think I chewed on the barbies' hands sometimes, too...those were the days biggrin  

athena08905

Blu321

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:32 pm
lol! never compared sims to barbies before! i guess its true tho  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:52 pm
Yeah, I was thinking about that one day. But barbies just aren't the same anymore...

Random by Nature

randomchild91

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:14 pm
The Extraordinary Lauren
Ha, it kind of is. For the girls (and guys) who use to play barbies but now are too old and can play this now!

so true. I remember having the computer games. I thought they were so cool; but looking back now there so crappy.  
The Sims Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff