Fed up with Hot Topic. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:21 am
Veruniel
Vixens and Angels is a US dealer with loads of good shoes.

I recommend the New Rocks. They're pricey, but they're fantastic. I've worn mine in wind and rain and mud and they still look new!

I love my New Rocks but I've worn them so much the leather on the inside of the heal has worn through, which creates much pain when the innards of the shoe rubs against my heel xp  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:53 am
If you want some actual combat boots, and there's a fort in your state, go near the outlying cities near it. There's bound to be tons of army surplus stores that sell some.  

Shadow`s Enigma

Apocalyptic Warrior

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:09 am
If you had a credit card. My answer to anything like this is always; Alchemy Gothic... but seeing as you need a store you can physically go to, I can't help you, unless you go simple and get some DM's.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:25 am
DreamerSpirit
Freedom Fire
Yuck, I feel your pain. My belt from Hot Topic fell apart soon after I bought it, while my other belt from PacSun (which was about the same price as the one from Hot Topic) was a year older and still in better condition. Well, at least the clothes from Hot Topic aren't as shoddy. because HT doesn't make them.

Actually, a lot of the brands which HT carries aren't of good quality. For example, I've bought Tripp corsets, only to have the boning warp drastically and poke into my ribcage only a few hours arter putting the damn'd thing on!

However, I have managed to find a few decent things ther, such as a pleather collar which I've had for about two years now.

As for good gothic clothing stores, the only ones I know of are in California and Massachusetts, and some of them are rather high end. I actually find most of my clothing from thrift shops as well as 'normal' stores. However, I know that pulling off the goth look with clothing from normal stores is much harder for guys than it is for girls...
However, if you live in CA or MA feel free to ask me about the stores I know of!

As for normal stores, here are some ones which can be fabulous resources for the ladies:

Claires
Marshalls
Lane Bryant
JC Penny
Goodwill/other thrift shops
and so on...

Crap . . . I have a Tripp corset.

And yeah, Claire's is a great store for goth girls. Icing's pretty good too.  

Freedom Fire

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:33 am
Freedom Fire
DreamerSpirit
Freedom Fire
Yuck, I feel your pain. My belt from Hot Topic fell apart soon after I bought it, while my other belt from PacSun (which was about the same price as the one from Hot Topic) was a year older and still in better condition. Well, at least the clothes from Hot Topic aren't as shoddy. because HT doesn't make them.

Actually, a lot of the brands which HT carries aren't of good quality. For example, I've bought Tripp corsets, only to have the boning warp drastically and poke into my ribcage only a few hours arter putting the damn'd thing on!

However, I have managed to find a few decent things ther, such as a pleather collar which I've had for about two years now.

As for good gothic clothing stores, the only ones I know of are in California and Massachusetts, and some of them are rather high end. I actually find most of my clothing from thrift shops as well as 'normal' stores. However, I know that pulling off the goth look with clothing from normal stores is much harder for guys than it is for girls...
However, if you live in CA or MA feel free to ask me about the stores I know of!

As for normal stores, here are some ones which can be fabulous resources for the ladies:

Claires
Marshalls
Lane Bryant
JC Penny
Goodwill/other thrift shops
and so on...

Crap . . . I have a Tripp corset.

And yeah, Claire's is a great store for goth girls. Icing's pretty good too.

The whole warping thing could be attributed to the curvature of my body though. *shrugs*

However, if the boning warps, just iron it to get it to be flat again. I still wear my corset, even if it is a pain...

As for Icing, I've never been there, but if I ever come across an Icing store, I'll be sure to check them out. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:23 am
Haha, weird, my brother bought boots from Hot Topic too, but were eventually ruined by the hills of San Francisco.

There's stuff at places like Tatter's and Ragstock, those are vintage stores. Maybe even Urban Outfitters though I'm not completely sure.

ZhahiraRotting

mybabypenguin

8,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:59 pm
GilAskan
That's what you get for shopping at a store than is notorious for stocking virtually nothing but crap.

For American stores?

www.batgearbeyond.com

This site has a directory of websites for goth (as well as rave, lolita, punk, and a few others) clothes and accessories. Each listing also shows the country the store is located in.

This is a great link because I was wondering the samething. I would look into it more when I get my credit card ^_^.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:05 pm
I stole my dads old combat boots there from the 80's  

ProfessinalNewbie

shoe_trophy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:33 pm
My Hot Topic boots have lasted me over a year of wearing them virtually every day...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:34 pm
mybabypenguin
GilAskan
That's what you get for shopping at a store than is notorious for stocking virtually nothing but crap.

For American stores?

www.batgearbeyond.com

This site has a directory of websites for goth (as well as rave, lolita, punk, and a few others) clothes and accessories. Each listing also shows the country the store is located in.

This is a great link because I was wondering the samething. I would look into it more when I get my credit card ^_^.

How reliable are these sites though? I don't usually shop online so...
http://www.alternative-footwear.co.uk/shop.html?lang=en-uk&target=d1.html Also, has anyone heard anything about this store specifically? So many boots... it's like heaven on Earth. crying If only I still lived in England...  

shoe_trophy

Zansh1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:12 pm
y would u go there any way...there owned by abercrombie...anything that is spawned from preps is pure evil...and not the awsome kind of evil...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:55 am
the army surplus store... go get yourself some REAL combat boots.  

Maggoty Anne

dormant lime

Astounding Loiterer

12,200 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:09 pm
Isel
GilAskan
CircleOfTheDarkOnes
They used to be so pretty, too.

User Image

May they Rest in Peace.

Hot Topic's boots are all knock-offs. That's why they fall apart. If you want the legitimate (and original) versions of those, look up "TUK" on Google.

Yes. TUK is what I was gonna suggest.

My Hottopic sells TUK shoes, and my Nana boots I got from there are still looking pretty much brand new and I've had em for a year and a half and wear em often. maybe it's just that particular boot. neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:34 pm
CircleOfTheDarkOnes
They used to be so pretty, too.

User Image

May they Rest in Peace.

OMG OMG OMG!! My boyfriend has the same boots! His lasted for about some years I think, but now they have a hole in the back.

mybabypenguin

8,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conversationalist 100

Nimewe

Garbage Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:41 pm
The only stuff I got from Hot Topic was my shirts and my arm warmers.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff