Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Why discourage people from watching sm on youtube? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Youtube?
  Yes
  No
View Results

bullterrierlove

Shirtless Spotter

10,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:47 pm
They should re-show Sailor Moon but they probably wont sadly  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:49 am
true try going to zoommovies.com for your anime buying love  

Hiro445

1,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Darkness Cake

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:47 pm
I actually own the entire Stars season on DVD and am hoping to buy the rest of the seasons. Youtube is supposed to be used for personal videos and amvs and the like... not for posting entire episodes! I mean, it's nice to find out about new anime, but there would be less trouble if they didn't post the entire series or the entire episode... just like a trailer would get people interested enough to go look it up and either buy it or rent it.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:35 pm
Well jeez, because of You Tube I was actually able to watch Sailor Stars. The only season that I never got to see. So really, I'd tell people they can go there to get their fill because I think I'm the only one out of my group of friends that got to watch it.

Then again, there is that copyrighted law... But what's really stopping people from watching it anyway?  

Seth Riegan

Feral Storyteller

Sephira Skye

Quotable Citizen

8,800 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:17 pm
Uhhh..... can someone tell me WHY Sailor Moon was stopped in North America? I'm totally out of the loop...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:28 pm
I agree, we should be able to watch them on youtube fine. especially for people who are like me and don't have a place around her lonely hick town to be able to buy any vidoes and who doesn't have a credit card to buy over the Internet.  

Identity99

Amanore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:26 pm
Roselite Blade
I actually own the entire Stars season on DVD and am hoping to buy the rest of the seasons. Youtube is supposed to be used for personal videos and amvs and the like... not for posting entire episodes! I mean, it's nice to find out about new anime, but there would be less trouble if they didn't post the entire series or the entire episode... just like a trailer would get people interested enough to go look it up and either buy it or rent it.

How do you have the series on DVD? The only DVD releases I know of it are expensive pirated copies on Amazon and things like that...I guess I'd rather download it illegally or watch it on Youtube than pay other people to get it illegally for me.

As for the seasons released here, I think people should just go and buy them, unless they're using Youtube for just an episode re-watch here or there.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:15 am
there are no DVDs with Sailor Moon around here and it's not on TV either.. the only way I get to see it is through youtube..  

Teh Lizzeh

the all-weird one

5,400 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:21 pm
Only downside is that according to popular rumor on youtube, they are deleting anime every night after 10:00. But I've found no proof of that so far.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:21 pm
Amanore
Roselite Blade

How do you have the series on DVD? The only DVD releases I know of it are expensive pirated copies on Amazon and things like that...I guess I'd rather download it illegally or watch it on Youtube than pay other people to get it illegally for me.

As for the seasons released here, I think people should just go and buy them, unless they're using Youtube for just an episode re-watch here or there.

A: Amazon does NOT sell pirated copies. They can't risk that reputation.

B: Stars was published in Italy, China, and other countries that usually sub their DVDs in English because they have a high rate of English speaking natives. As long as you go through the proper channels and check the region coding, it's usually legal to buy import DVDs. Not the best idea to buy from Hong Kong, but a European release is more likely than not a safe choice.

But yeah, everything but Stars was released to America, and the S and SuperS series have original Japanese in their DVD sets. The first and second seasons, however, are only available in dub tapes. If you want the original versions of those series, you'll have to get a European release DVD or risk the HK import.

There ARE people willing to sell direct Japanese copies of the DVDs... it's hard to find a legal version, however, and I do NOT recommend it unless you personally know a person in Japan who can buy the DVDs for you.

Skye: Toei (the owner of the anime's release rights as the producers of the anime) didn't renew any leases when they ran out for the airing and DVD printing of any BSSM seasons. It's now in a vault in Tokyo's Shinjuku district and isn't going to be let out anytime soon according to their CEOs. sweatdrop They're concentrating on the newer stuff and the PGSM series.  

Syndrama

Minnie001

5,475 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:46 pm
Sometimes if your watchign your fave anime.. its usually different than whats on the dvd or what you've seen on the tv.. SO it completely messes with ya! NO YOUTUBE SM!.. unless its a vid of pics..  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:56 pm
By the way, you can get the first two seasons on DVD uncut and with subtitles on amazon, so you don't have to resort to buying dub tapes...
I had never seen Stars until i watched it on youtube this year, and it would be sort of nice if it wasn't dissapearing, but I want to get the DVDs of it anyway...
There's just something about having something on disk that I like. It's more solid, I guess...  

Avia-Terpsichore

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:32 pm
if i could find any dvds i would buy it believe me.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:00 pm
I used to watch alot of BSSM on Youtube, but now I mostly watch it at The Oracle... And I watch AMV on Youtube.  

Shoujo_Tohru

Polexeny

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:49 pm
I heard a rumor that youtube is going to take out anime series. Including Sailormoon... gonk crying  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff