Pick your poison.
  Sunblock.
  Parasol.
  BOTH!
View Results

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:49 pm
I actually have quite a bit of pigmentation in my skin... probably due to a tinge of Italian blood.

but for pallacy (misspelt?) to become popular... heh, I never saw that coming.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:11 pm
hmm actually no one has told me to get a tan in quite a while...
they might just be getting used to me saying no though

i <3 being pale
i wish i was paler, and without so many damn freckles  

A Dark Knight

TybaltGamemaster

nuGen Staff Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Committee Staff 25
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:25 pm
Of course pale is in. If we went out, we'd be in the sun and we wouldn't be pale anymore.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:28 pm
after my last sun burn of havent been taning well. not like i have tryed (i when to a summer camp) im against anything normal but i dont look pale i look really just pink i dont like my skin color  

arya241

Namtastic

Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:37 pm
I'm naturally tan, I suppose. To some extent anyway, I think the only time I was pale was when I was a baby. I don't think I'm tan cause the sun either, since it's not always sunny here.

Anyway I don't think it matters if you have pale skin or not here. Noone really talks about their skin...^_^"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:51 pm
I used to be really pale when I was a child.
But then I decided to go outside and tan every summer until I was like, 11.
And some people even said I looked like I was born Mexican.
But then I stopped going outside and stayed in every summer and I've lost a lot of pigment in my skin.
I'm not ghostly pale, but I'm pretty light.  

BlairyFairy

shoe_trophy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:16 pm
I've always been ridiculously pale. My friends say it's because I'm British. razz
I don't notice being treated any differently at all though. Tanning is definitely still in where I live. I've never had any negative comments on my paleness either though.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:49 pm
I'm naturally pale, as is most of my family. My brother, mum and sister are. She always complains about it. My dad and other brother tan well, but you should see their t-shirt tan lines, it's like brown then white =^-^= Mum doesn't have much of the stuff in her skin that makes you tan so I spose that's where we get the colour from.  

infektionxx

TheWitchGotRobin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:46 am
Been thinking about purchasing a cute umbrella for this reason. lol  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:09 pm
DreamerSpirit
However, I've said it on hese boards once, and I feel I should say it again... Love the skin you're in! Wether it's sheet-of-paper white or polished ebony, love it and take care of it.

I completely agree. Any skin colour can look wonderful... as long as it's natural. But though I don't have anything against any skin colour, I do strongly feel that people shouldn't try to tan if their skin type doesn't want to darken. It looks fake and it's bad for you.

I've seen pale girls risking skin cancer and turning their flesh to leather because they wanted to be trendy, and it really bothers me that they hated the way they looked. Then again, I've seen naturally dark-skinned goths trying desperately to get paler, and that sort of thing upsets me too.  

Veruniel
Crew

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:01 pm
Cream colored skin is very attractive. Ebony skin is very attractive. Tan, mocha, golden, freckled... beautiful.

Orange skin, not so much. A tan from a tanning booth doesn't look like the tan from the sun. It isn't natural, and it looks unhealthy.
Me, I've got nordic ancestry, and I'd look downright silly with a tan.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:18 pm
The Goth Apple

Ah, an issue I'm all too familiar with.

Apparently, I looked good when I was 12/13 and tanned when I was in Florida... then I just got tired of that. I was pretty much beach-bum stereotype.

Of course, my hair wasn't as bleached then as it is now.

-Isel-

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:37 pm
Isel
The Goth Apple

Ah, an issue I'm all too familiar with.

Apparently, I looked good when I was 12/13 and tanned when I was in Florida... then I just got tired of that. I was pretty much beach-bum stereotype.

Of course, my hair wasn't as bleached then as it is now.
I'm sure that wouldn't have helped. But I'm also pretty sure you didn't look completely freakish. Tans don't look so bad when they actually come from, I dunno, THE SUN?
But not really for me. Or you it seems.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:28 pm
The Goth Apple
Cream colored skin is very attractive. Ebony skin is very attractive. Tan, mocha, golden, freckled... beautiful.

Orange skin, not so much. A tan from a tanning booth doesn't look like the tan from the sun. It isn't natural, and it looks unhealthy.

I don't even like to picture myself with a tan... I'd just look ridiculous. '-.-  

shoe_trophy

Al-aaraaf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:26 pm
I am quite pale, but people tend to ignore me.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff