Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
What do you get out of the Sims? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Infinity-Nevermore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:18 am
I like it because I can immerse myself in a life that's much better than my own, and "I" can have dream houses, cute clothes, awesome careers and whatnot. I have a friend that plays along with me (we share playing characters) and I just realized that when we talk about controlling our Sims, we use the pronouns "I" and "we." Never "her" or "him" or "they."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:11 am
My dad always describes it as 'very addictive for a game in which nothing happens'. Then I always contradict him and say that that's not true. But I can never even find a reason.  

Chikiya

ZombietasticGreen

Distinct Dabbler

9,525 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:04 pm
I like making my boyfriend and I as sim-selves and being able to "live" a virtual future with him. Obviously, its not completely realistic, seeing as how "I'm" a werewolf at the moment. His sim'self doesn't like the friends I hang out with every night. Carnitas, Baron, Jubel, and Davender are my peeps(they're the local wolves in case you're wondering). Which leads me to the other reason why I like playing the Sims: I can live out different experiences through my sim-self that I would never get to experience in my life, like my were-wolfism.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:52 pm
User Image

Pretty sim!  

`n i c o l e

Captain Jenocidal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:09 pm
I always tell my friends I like it because I can be someone else and live out my own dreams through the game such as college, marriage, getting a job and moving up the career ladder, driving around a hummer, and raising a family.
It's almost like you can test out your possible future plans before deciding what you wanna do in real life.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:48 pm
You get to play god and supreme over lord of the sims. I even built a temple to me. I occsionaly kill them as sacrafice domokun  

goddess_oraorchid

Osaka In Wonderland

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:02 am
goddess_oraorchid
You get to play god and supreme over lord of the sims. I even built a temple to me. I occsionaly kill them as sacrafice domokun
xd

I guess it's because it doesnt have any major goals you need to complete to get to the next level (Sure there are aspirations, but they just help your sims from not going insane) , so unlike many, in which you want to kill the stupid game because you just can't seem to make it to the next level, just take your anger out on the little simmies! twisted  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:23 am
goddess_oraorchid

Thats hilarious rofl

Greenzally

goddess_oraorchid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:51 am
The British Osaka-san
goddess_oraorchid
xd

I guess it's because it doesnt have any major goals you need to complete to get to the next level (Sure there are aspirations, but they just help your sims from not going insane) , so unlike many, in which you want to kill the stupid game because you just can't seem to make it to the next level, just take your anger out on the little simmies! twisted
yes but more so is The sims can't fight back when I lock them in a small room with only a bed, toilet, chair and television and an oven and let them burn or starve them  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:59 pm
I like creating sims and their houses. Kind of adults "doll games". xd  

Lilygwen

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100

pinapplepielady

2,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:02 am
First of all, I like having COMPLETE CONTROL over EVERYTHING. Who wouldn't want that?

I also think it would be a dream come true for some authors, since they can play out their own story.

It's also nice to be able to do ANYTHING I want WHENEVER I want ALL THE TIME.  
The Sims Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff