Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Literature
Harry Potter: The Order of the Pheonix Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Point?
  Yes! You have to read it, it is amazing.
  Yes, you should.
  No way, no point if you know what happens.
  You've read the sixth before the fifth?
  Nah. Too late, you already read the sixth.
  Doesn't matter. Follow your heart, grasshopper.
  Just wait for the movie, no big.
View Results

Amaya84

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:50 pm
IcephoenixLuna
Zieza
Ok, let me get this straight...the first...then the sixth?! Whaaa...? eek The movies are rubbish, you've gotta read the books! All of them! In order!! Or at least just all of them! Get reading

I agree, you should really read the whole series. You don't know the amount of stuff you are missing by not reading it. As for the movies, they are completely different from the books as they leave out a lot.

I agree as well. What I love about Rowling is that something considered insignifigant will play a role later on, even two books later. The books are incredibly intricately woven together to create a great story that, in my opinion, must be read to receive the full impact. Please, go read them, and enjoy!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:29 pm
Yes, you have to read them in order or you'll be missing out on so many wonderful little details. You notices how Harry actually turns from Regular Good Guy to actually having a personality.

But that's what happens when you grow up.  

Sister_Lenore

Jasmine Snape

High-functioning Detective

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:35 pm
shannonrwrwrw
I have read only the first and sixth books of the HP series, but I have seen all the movies...I want to know if I should read the 5th one. I mean, I already know if Sirius dies but is that the only important part of the book? Or should I read it? Is there any point?

You have to read the books in order because otherwise the rest of the books don't make sense. The movies don't hold all the important facts that the books do. Don't get me wrong, the movies aren't too bad when it comes to following the actual plotline of the books, but to actually understand everything that goes on and really get a feel for how the books are, you need to read them.

The movies can't even compare to how wonderfully the books are written either. J. K. Rowling is an incredible writer and you should read the books just for the fact that you get to experience her wonderful writing techniques. I'm not even kidding; the books are a masterpiece. A work of Art.

So read the books. But read them in order.  
Literature

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff