Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Prequel Trilogy Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Flamer42

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:16 am
FrozenPhoenix32
Nelowulf
Flamer42
jedi_master_tenku
Episode 1 was the lesser of the two evils for me. 1) Liam Neeson. He's just cool. 2) That ending lightsaber fight. eek crying 3) The podrace is just awesome on a huge tv with surround sound (and it also gave us the Racer games!)

AotC was downright painful for me. But I won't go into that here. I'll save it for the Lightsaber Lucas thread...

*Shaking head* You people and your being overly critical...
As far as I know, Jedi master tenku has only seen episode 2 once. I have one important thing to say about these three movies. I believe a true fan could not hate anything "Star Wars" related. Sure the movies had their bad points, but they had far more good points.

a true fan would also not let dumb idiots change the entire story either...

it wasnt a total change of story, cuz technically, nothing else was canon. He had his right to...pardon my language, ******** everything up. to star wars, lucas is god. He can smite it with a scribble on the script.

That is pretty much the way I see it. Though I do realise his lastest corrections have sucked, but he has every right to do it. Besides, it is still STAR WARS.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:39 am
Flamer42
FrozenPhoenix32
Nelowulf
Flamer42
jedi_master_tenku
Episode 1 was the lesser of the two evils for me. 1) Liam Neeson. He's just cool. 2) That ending lightsaber fight. eek crying 3) The podrace is just awesome on a huge tv with surround sound (and it also gave us the Racer games!)

AotC was downright painful for me. But I won't go into that here. I'll save it for the Lightsaber Lucas thread...

*Shaking head* You people and your being overly critical...
As far as I know, Jedi master tenku has only seen episode 2 once. I have one important thing to say about these three movies. I believe a true fan could not hate anything "Star Wars" related. Sure the movies had their bad points, but they had far more good points.

a true fan would also not let dumb idiots change the entire story either...

it wasnt a total change of story, cuz technically, nothing else was canon. He had his right to...pardon my language, ******** everything up. to star wars, lucas is god. He can smite it with a scribble on the script.

That is pretty much the way I see it. Though I do realise his lastest corrections have sucked, but he has every right to do it. Besides, it is still STAR WARS.

I think that it stopped being Star Wars whe they made movies for advertising. Come on, why would they have Amidala wear all those dresses except to make dolls of her with tons of dresses (I've seen paper dolls and action figure things of Amidala with about ten dresses). Plus, Lucas is trying to direct Star Wars to a younger demographic. That's the only reason that he had Greedo fire first, if the hero (Han) had made an unprovoked attack then there would have been a PG-13 rating and then they couldn't get little kids to see it, and thus couldn't lure them into buying the toys that they made based on the movies. Back in the 70's when Star Wars wasn't screwed up to make way for advertising was when Star Wars was the original movie that it was. They made changes to the Special Edition to try to convince people to buy it.  

MedicalMechanica

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:34 pm
i do have an original toy model of a TIE INTERCEPTOR... they go for alot now...  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:18 am
I have most of a really old Y-Wing toy for action figures... It's missing parts though. I guess it was rescued from a trash can by a friend of mine since he knew what a fanatic I am.  

jedi_master_tenku

Flamer42

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:29 am
jedi_master_tenku
I have most of a really old Y-Wing toy for action figures... It's missing parts though. I guess it was rescued from a trash can by a friend of mine since he knew what a fanatic I am.

All of my star wars toys are in a storage place. sad
That means I can't play with them at all. (How sad is that? A college student playing with star wars action figures)  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:33 pm
if the TIE INTERCEPTOR wasn't NRFB, then i would play with it....  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Flamer42

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:28 pm
Glad I am not the only old kid.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:32 pm
Im a senior taking college courses.... does that count for age?  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:14 pm
i used to have an x-wing..till my brother tore its s-foils off  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:38 pm
Nelowulf
Im a senior taking college courses.... does that count for age?

Yep, I am 18 years old. So I was in that boat last year. smile
Don't let your senior year go to waste, because it sure can be fun. wink  

Flamer42

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:35 am
the clone troopers look pretty sick though  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:43 am
I have a spiffy 'custom' ship I built out of LEGOs designed for... junking other ships. twisted  

jedi_master_tenku

MedicalMechanica

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:01 am
I only have the newer "Action Fleet" toys from the re-releasing of the original moives.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:21 am
jedi_master_tenku
I have a spiffy 'custom' ship I built out of LEGOs designed for... junking other ships. twisted

An evil ship it is too. I can vouch for that. He built that ship out of my legos. (and yes it still lives) sweatdrop
All of my other ships are in jepordy now....But I think my custom design fighter could take it.  

Flamer42

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:32 am
Flamer42
jedi_master_tenku

An evil ship it is too. I can vouch for that. He built that ship out of my legos. (and yes it still lives) sweatdrop
All of my other ships are in jepordy now....But I think my custom design fighter could take it.

It lives because nothing dares to take it on! Bwahaha!  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff