Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
What do you think when people say HP is evil? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like these people
yes
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
no
55%
 55%  [ 21 ]
yes, and they should burn in hell
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
no, but they still should burn in hell
31%
 31%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 38

ElvenPrincess

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:21 am
serenity112286
The first time i started reading Harry Potter was because of a punishment lol. My Dad, stepbrother and I were driving to Florida So after being in the car for say ohh 15 hours, my step-brother and i started fighting about everying (we were young, sibling arguments u know) So my dad just got sooo fed up with us that he pulled the car over, handed each of us a different book and threatened that if we didnt read and be quite he'd turn around and drive home. Luckily, I was given a copy of Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone....which was still new, I had never heard of it. I got hooked to say the least and the rest is history

I bet that was your best punishment you had ever gotten!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:56 am
My aunt was like that for the longest time. She would not let her boys watch it because she said that it was evil. It was all brought on by her church. She actually partially thinks for herself now after we drilled it into her head that it is a movie... and that is it and it is not evil. And not she is cool with her boys watching it and i thikn they have started reading the books now too.  

AlienPrincess333

non642

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:53 am
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If someone thinks the books are evil, they don't have to read them. Where it goes too far is with book burnings and just generally being antagonistic towards those who do read and enjoy the books.
It is annoying that some people judge them before reading them, but there is nothing that can be done for it.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:28 am
I´m wondering, how people, who obviously didn´t read the book can think they could talk about them... I thinks this is stupid. If they don´t read it, they can´t say it´s evil, if they read it, they have to admitt that they are not evil.  

joyinfree

Heroic Pirate

11,750 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Generous 100

serenity112286

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:41 pm
Nialla
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If someone thinks the books are evil, they don't have to read them. Where it goes too far is with book burnings and just generally being antagonistic towards those who do read and enjoy the books.
It is annoying that some people judge them before reading them, but there is nothing that can be done for it.

exactly...no one is being forced to read the books, so if they think they are evil then they dont have to read them  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:17 pm
I think its rather stupid. I know everyone is entitled to there own opinion but half of the people that complain about Harry Potter haven't even read the books. Alot of the people at my moms store think its evil. I feel so odd around them. sweatdrop  

-Xsurf_bugX-

willowtree
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:04 am
serenity112286
Nialla

exactly...no one is being forced to read the books, so if they think they are evil then they dont have to read them

And that's what it basically boils down to. If you don't like something, that's totally fine. You have the right to choose what you do and don't enjoy. But why do people always have to push their views into my face?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:31 am
Everyone should read the books. Nobody would think it were evil anymore. They'd all think it was magically addicting. biggrin  

Obscura-Luna

tukikagami

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:03 am
I usually think they are nuts and say...."I read what I want to read!! Bugger off!!"  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:21 pm
Alright! Now I can type my rant about people saying that Harry Potter is evil... First off, how can you tell the difference between a "good" book and a "evil" book? There's no such thing! scream Millions upon millions of Harry Potter fans have enjoyed the books and have been inspired to create Harry Potter fanart and fanfiction. I also have a little story to tell about how Harry Potter dramically changed my lifestyle. Before I read the series, I rarly read any books thus, I wasted a good portion of my childhood years just sitting about watching television. However, after I finished reading Harry Potter several times, I had a craving to read more books on fanasty. Now, three years later, I have a desire to read more and think more and spend more time in my room, thinking over and over about my favorite books. Eventually, I started having dreams that caused me to contemplate my own chunk-its of a story. In my own words, Rowling helped me find these thoughts for I doubt I could have ever found them on my own. One day, I wish to write my own books about magical and mystery, good and evil, love and hate, and, most of all, life.

Okay, I'm done ranting now! 3nodding  

Bloody Dementor

Bloody Dementor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:24 pm
-Xsurf_bugX-
I think its rather stupid. I know everyone is entitled to there own opinion but half of the people that complain about Harry Potter haven't even read the books. Alot of the people at my moms store think its evil. I feel so odd around them. sweatdrop

Take my advice if you want, show off your Harry Potter pride! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:31 pm
Oh, I have something to ask all Harry Potter haters: Isn't Harry Potter considered a fanasty fiction book? -meaning that it is MADE UP?! God, people can be too thick-headed. stressed scream  

Bloody Dementor

Elviondeln
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:18 pm
Bloody Dementor
Alright! Now I can type my rant about people saying that Harry Potter is evil... First off, how can you tell the difference between a "good" book and a "evil" book? There's no such thing! scream Millions upon millions of Harry Potter fans have enjoyed the books and have been inspired to create Harry Potter fanart and fanfiction. I also have a little story to tell about how Harry Potter dramically changed my lifestyle. Before I read the series, I rarly read any books thus, I wasted a good portion of my childhood years just sitting about watching television. However, after I finished reading Harry Potter several times, I had a craving to read more books on fanasty. Now, three years later, I have a desire to read more and think more and spend more time in my room, thinking over and over about my favorite books. Eventually, I started having dreams that caused me to contemplate my own chunk-its of a story. In my own words, Rowling helped me find these thoughts for I doubt I could have ever found them on my own. One day, I wish to write my own books about magical and mystery, good and evil, love and hate, and, most of all, life.

Bravo, well said. 3nodding
I agree. I wasn't all that into reading until I started reading Harry Potter. I got through them so quickly I surprised myself and I started branching out from there. Now I have a bookcase filled with books and I read a lot everyday.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:20 am
Elviondeln
Bloody Dementor

I agree. I wasn't all that into reading until I started reading Harry Potter. I got through them so quickly I surprised myself and I started branching out from there. Now I have a bookcase filled with books and I read a lot everyday.

Indeed  

Obscura-Luna

Bloody Dementor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:30 am
Elviondeln

*takes a bow* Thank you for your kind words! heart Perhaps one day, you shall find the name M. J. Hoyme on a book...  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff