Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Found this in Gaia's GD Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aion needs...
  A good hit to the back of the head
  Starbucks, maybe?
  Nothing...he's absoulty right...I AM ugly in real life.
View Results

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:33 am
SilverMaple
dameonmac5918
Alexia Angel Holtes
Um, I actually disagree with that statement, when he says Illiterate, it means that they can't Read, or Write correctly, in other words, illiterate. I mean, if you look at the whole stand point of the statement, he or she is just trying to degrade others because the lessers can't stand up against being criticied into better grammar.

Very well put, Alexia. Anyone else think this person deserves a smack to the back of the head?

*Takes out her special smacking paddle*

*Takes out his Webley .308, a gun known to destroy whole concrete walls in a SINGLE SHOT*  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:08 pm
Ugly? I beg to differ. But yes, he needs to be destroyed... Troll...  

Archdemonessa

SilverBellsAbove

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:09 pm
MadnessFreak
SilverMaple
dameonmac5918
Alexia Angel Holtes
Um, I actually disagree with that statement, when he says Illiterate, it means that they can't Read, or Write correctly, in other words, illiterate. I mean, if you look at the whole stand point of the statement, he or she is just trying to degrade others because the lessers can't stand up against being criticied into better grammar.

Very well put, Alexia. Anyone else think this person deserves a smack to the back of the head?

*Takes out her special smacking paddle*

*Takes out his Webley .308, a gun known to destroy whole concrete walls in a SINGLE SHOT*

*takes out her zweilhander sword, a sword renowned for shattering spears, lances, and impaling entire horses*
Bring it, troll. We are armed grammarians. twisted  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:24 pm
We shouldn't let people like this get to us. All they really want is to get us mad an dlaugh at us. It's a low level of intertanment!  

Muffin Manic

Hilarious Raccoon

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:59 pm
*pulls the sword that belongs to the one she loves out*

whee I'm ready to go. Anyone else?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:21 am
That cheeky little toad!! I use proper English as it is the language we speak... AND you can actually understand it!! Do YOU go around saying 'lol', or 'orly?'? NO! So why bother doing it online? It confuses people!  

Wolfie Kid

Fuzzy Flatterer

9,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:29 am
Very well put. ^.^  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:39 am
You did notice he's joking, right? Note that he used perfect grammar for his posts. >.>  

MadnessFreak

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:44 am
One can only hope...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:48 am
Wolfie Kid
That cheeky little toad!! I use proper English as it is the language we speak... AND you can actually understand it!! Do YOU go around saying 'lol', or 'orly?'? NO! So why bother doing it online? It confuses people!

No, you wouldn't say "lol", but you would "Laugh out loud". To me, this is acceptable.

On there other hand, there's no excuse for writing "orly?" to mean "oh really?"  

abarrach

7,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:55 am
You're right...there is no excuse to be typing "orly" or any other text talk for that matter...except on cell phones.

SMS messenger can get quiet expensive, as my love found out when his mom yelled at him about the bill...in which I had been correctly typing my words in all of my messages. confused Then I had to learn a bit of text talk to save him another lecture. The things one does for love...*sigh*

But other than that, I think one should type as they speak in life: in proper English  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:45 am
I mean, if someone has been injured and struggles to type out full words... then that's okay. I have a friend who broke her wrist and could only bash the keyboard randomly to be able to type properly... but she still made an effort to be understood. Yeah: we may get called dorks and nerds... but at least we can try and save the english language from being lost forever... after all, with the attitude going around these days, who else is going to?  

Wolfie Kid

Fuzzy Flatterer

9,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:37 am
I like your attitude. ^.^

You bring up a good point. One time, a table (wooden one,too.) fell on my left hand. Needless to say, this required stitches. Thankfully, my bones were tough and nothing broke except skin and blood vessels, but the impact made my left hand useless when it came to typing. Even today, I still have some difficulty typing right because I'll miss keys with my left hand. However, I've learned the art of typing fast, so my words won't come out like this:

"this iss the wya I type whne I dont controld my hands when they type."

(This is the way I type when I don't control my hands when they type.)

If you're injured, then there's the on-screen keyboard. It's annoying but it helps a lot when your keyboard is stuck. whee  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:59 am
Hmm... I'll tell my friend about that next time she breaks something... she's one of those rough sorts, so it's inevitable that it will happen again.  

Wolfie Kid

Fuzzy Flatterer

9,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100

Starry Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:46 pm
wow!

That is just insane. I wish I could have replied to that topic. domokun  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]