Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
American Sailor Moon Live Action Movie Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

+Trynyti+

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:48 pm
autumn_rabbit13
Oh! I see now..Well...she could make a good Mars..But I am not too excited about who you chose as Jupiter...She looks too old... OMG look what I found

http://www.ifitsmovies.com/2007/02/06/joss-whedon-now-free-to-do-sailor-moon-live-action-movie/ eek Lindsay Lohan as Sailor Moon..GOD No...Mischa Barton..possibility..Wonder how Whedon will do this...

Oh God.
Ah well, I like Amber Tamblyn. She makes a good tomboy.
But Mischa Barton?? Hell no!
Thankfully, it's not true. It'll only happen if Toei gives up the rights to Sailor Moon. Heaven forbid the day they do...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:39 am
It would be fun to watch xD But I'm an original Sailor Moon lover. I didn't like the Real Life show back then in Japan o.- But that's probably because it WAS produced in Japan. With that hair and eyes it's hard for me to think of the actors as real Sailor Senshi (not being a racist o.o It's just... Usagi- Blue eyes, Makoto- Green eyes... etc. It's different) But then again, the fighting in real life magical shows is waaaaay off.

Anyway, I really like the cast Nisora had posted <3 I wouldn't mind seeing a real life movie if they're in it^^  

SweetBunny8

Kurosawa Kiharu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:55 am
hum...well this is a japan series why not put a japan actor who talk in english? seriously this is the best why put a american actor?the series is not same like that!And plus this is a just a rumor, maybe is not true.... sweatdrop sorry to have to break your bubble ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:35 am
c. Alluvion
If they do an American Sailor Moon movie, I say ditch live action altogether-- go with american-style animation. Think about it-- you get to design the look of the characters to be whatever you want, and you probably save a buckload on special effects. blaugh If that were to happen, then Veronica Taylor for Sailor Mercury and Tara Strong (or Danielle Judovits) for Venus.

I'm pretty bad with live-action actors's names. Live action... um... Think they could get Brandon Routh for Nephrite? sweatdrop

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!! Anime is the only way!  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

foxgirlsilverofdarkness

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:06 am
+Trynyti+
gonk
For the love of Sailor Moon and all things related, please don't let that rumor be true.
If they make a movie, they might as well start making that half cartoon half live action show too. . .
i would have to totally agree.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:41 am
I'd have to say I'm ultimately against an American live action show. No offense to all those who live there, but America /really/ sucks when it's making it's own adapatations of things.

The Live Action would be severely diluted. Like the Saban Moon thing, they'd throw in all sorts of different things, and target it at a much younger audiance. Violence would be cut out, cheesy puns made often, and if they went so far as to add Haruka and Michiru in, their relationship would be scrapped.

If, however, they did make a cartoon, I could live with that. I disagree with Rush Hardoc that anime is the only way, because it would be interesting to see how well American animators can put their own spin on this, without destroying the very concept of Sailor Moon.

If they left Kunzite and Zoisite alone (this time. I'll die if I ever see or hear Zoycite again) I'd be very happy and you'd never hear a complaint. The same with Haruka and Michiru.

Also, if they steered away from the cheese 'omgz, everybody must fall in luff!' thing that usually happen in cartoons, I'd be pleased. But, that's because I hate characters made up on the spot to fit in with somebody just as much as I had Mary Sue fan characters.

One thing to add. Mena Suvari as Venus. xD Oh my, I'm sorry, but her voicing of Aerith in Final Fantasy; Advent Children, and Kingdom Hearts II has forever made me think of stoners. When he name comes up.

headstartrestart

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:25 pm
this is a total rumor and it's old. first of all, i think Miss Takeuchi and/pr Toei (sp?) would probably pitch a fit! They were also planning on it being half real people/half cartoon. The one who thought of the idea also wanted Lindsay Lohan as Sailor Moon. Why? I don't know. But thank god, it's not true! Also, a live-action has already been done... it'd just be a copy...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:08 am
if they were to put out an american live action it probably suck more than the american version of the anime  

nakimushi-ookami

Interesting Shopper

4,750 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

bunnymint

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:15 am
Nisora

Uranus: Kiera Knightley User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

O wow! She does look like Uranus.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:31 am
*crosses her fingers* Please not a live action movie here in the US! Sorry, I do live here in the US and I have seen what was done to Sailor Moon. cry Just wish they (FOX) never do this. ninja  

whip goddess

Queen Loki

Shirtless Raider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:45 pm
Anything America does will blow big time. (remember the gruge and the ring? I don't really like American actors, sorry.)  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:04 pm
burning_eyes WHAT THE....!!! eck! if they're gonna have to this I say change the costume! And tuxedo mask better have a really really groovin outfit. come on. !!!.. just imagine how it would look like if real persons wore the original sailormoon costumes. lol  

Polexeny

hoshinoame

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:11 pm
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo
this is a total rumor and it's old. first of all, i think Miss Takeuchi and/pr Toei (sp?) would probably pitch a fit! They were also planning on it being half real people/half cartoon. The one who thought of the idea also wanted Lindsay Lohan as Sailor Moon. Why? I don't know. But thank god, it's not true! Also, a live-action has already been done... it'd just be a copy...

I saw that half real/half cartoon one on youtube. Thank goodness they didn't get the rights for it.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:31 am
Rush_Hardroc
c. Alluvion
If they do an American Sailor Moon movie, I say ditch live action altogether-- go with american-style animation. Think about it-- you get to design the look of the characters to be whatever you want, and you probably save a buckload on special effects. blaugh If that were to happen, then Veronica Taylor for Sailor Mercury and Tara Strong (or Danielle Judovits) for Venus.

I'm pretty bad with live-action actors's names. Live action... um... Think they could get Brandon Routh for Nephrite? sweatdrop

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!! Anime is the only way!

Well, arguably, anime is only really anime if it comes out of Japan. The closest they could possibly get in America is something that imitates anime, like the Teen Titans cartoon.

Nisora, I heart your choices. Especially the Jupiter.

I personally think that if every other Sailor Senshi is white in a live-action movie, Mars should be Japanese. Perhaps an immigrant? Mars has always seemed the most "Japanese" out of the Senshi. She also has a "set" personality, so she'd be more than the token minority.

I don't think any rumors have been confirmed about these things, though. But it's fun to speculate. wink  

c. Alluvion

heavymetalpapillion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:57 am
oh man your choice for Tuxedo Mask was brilliant.

such a big fan of his. heart  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces