Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Avatar Talk
Charlemagnes At Book Club In The Making (Look damnit) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EL EE OH.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:32 am
I really like Holly Black. 3nodding Plus a book called The Garden, I forgot who wrote it... I read it even though I'm atheiest. I think I spelled that wrong...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:57 pm
Oh... Hey... I've read most of the books you people are tossing out... I'm a bibliophile....

NEW BOOKS FOR THE LIST!!!  

Cor Caroli

Kalandra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:50 am

Holy crud. People.. discussing literature, in the AT guild?
A very, very pleasant surprise. =D

I've read nearly every book recommended (oddly, except for Fast Food Nation). Gaiman is magnificent, Farenheit451 is extraordinary, The Da Vinci Code was good, but definitely overrated, Timeline was even better than the movie.
I'll just stop now. xD

I'm current reading Auriel Rising, by Elizabeth Redfern. A change from my recent genre of choice; but I am yet to be disappointed.

Books recommended by Kal [not yet listed]:
Catch 22 - Joseph Heller
A Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
The Giver - Lois Lowery
Choke - Chuck Phalanuik
Blood Oath / Firebird - Mercedes Lackey
Renshai Chronicles - Mickey Zucker Reichert
If Chins Could Kill - Bruce Campbell
Nickel and Dimed - Barbra Ehrenreich

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:13 am
Have you read The Giver by Lois Lowery? It's not happy but it's good and makes you really think.  

dragonlilly92

Kalandra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:18 am
dragonlilly92
Have you read The Giver by Lois Lowery? It's not happy but it's good and makes you really think.

I already listed that one, dove. ~.^

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:12 pm
[Charlemagne]
Oh... Hey... I've read most of the books you people are tossing out... I'm a bibliophile....

Being a bibliophile makes you all the more sexy! x33 Come let us go have bibliophilac sex!!
xd heart  

The Lady Rhea

Fashionable Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Cor Caroli

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:46 pm
Okies... I think I'm gonna make this thread way more organized and what not. Post rules and stuff.. Because... Well.. I'm lazy and I don't wanna go through and snatch the books from your posts. So i'll just edit my first three posts and try to make it pretty... but I can't really because I'm on na library computer... so... <.<;;; Maybe someone ELSE Should start a Book Thread and I could just like... um... help?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:41 pm

Oh, oh. I'd do it. =D
Though, do we think it would actually live? I mean once everyone posts which ones they like the most, and all.

Kalandra

Cor Caroli

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:56 pm
Well, What we would do it like... have a "Book Of The Week" Or "Month" or however long. Then Anyone who can get their grubby (or pretty and girly) hands on it can read it then we can talk about and what not. And really... If not. It's still a list of good books open for everyone to read. I think that whatever we choose will not be wasted. Books are "Hawt."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:03 pm
[Charlemagne]
Well, What we would do it like... have a "Book Of The Week" Or "Month" or however long. Then Anyone who can get their grubby (or pretty and girly) hands on it can read it then we can talk about and what not. And really... If not. It's still a list of good books open for everyone to read. I think that whatever we choose will not be wasted. Books are "Hawt."
Like an AT book club. I'd join. 3nodding But... we'd have to have age catogories, 'cause younger people may not be able to read some of the more advanced books.  

EL EE OH.

Crawlerette

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:10 pm
I've read Good Omens, have two or three editions of it. 3nodding American Godsby Neil Gaiman is an awesome read as well, especially for sociology/mythology/theology nuts like me. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:19 pm
I am willing to draw a banner of you molesting holding a book...

And because I am vain and obsessive I shall also appear in there somewhere XD ninja  

The Lady Rhea

Fashionable Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Cor Caroli

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:41 am
Crawlerette
I've read Good Omens, have two or three editions of it. 3nodding American Godsby Neil Gaiman is an awesome read as well, especially for sociology/mythology/theology nuts like me. sweatdrop

That book made my man parts stir <.<;;; (Now... Was the it the zombie chick or Shadow... Who knows?)

ANYWHO!!!

American Gods was the first NON Sandman book I read of Neil Gaimans... Much cool.

Rhea Unit 500
I am willing to draw a banner of you molesting holding a book...

And because I am vain and obsessive I shall also appear in there somewhere XD ninja

Esquee... pirate  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:20 am
If ya'll like Neil Gaiman, read Neverwhere <33 3nodding heart  

The Lady Rhea

Fashionable Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Cor Caroli

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:31 am
Rhea Unit 500
If ya'll like Neil Gaiman, read Neverwhere <33 3nodding heart
Already Have n.n;;;

OH!

You should all grab the Alice Cooper CD "The Last Temptation" and the three "The Last Temptation" Comic books. Although they have been put into one book now... I own them... *drool*
Neil Gaiman Helped with the Theme Albumb "The Last Temptation" Song writing (a little) general brainstorming etc... and then wrote the comic books and they nare fuycking awesome... and and and... <.<;;;  

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games