Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:55 pm
Kittywitch
Naito_Mitsukai
I have that song, and I love that song! biggrin

But Umm .... sweatdrop I don't know how to dance .... never been taught.

And I know there are many, MAAANNYY other well know SCA songs out there, and many are children friendly, but I don't really know any, especially not any that I could sing acapella! sweatdrop

Lord Wylfred suggested that I explain the origin of certain words and/or phrases that don't make as much sence now.
ie: over the threshold, etc.
But again ... talent show! sweatdrop so, I don't know, maybe! Lucky I have until the middle of July, eh? sweatdrop
Well... would you be interested in learning how to dance?

There's no one really to teach me here! eek Otherwise I would. Not just for the talent show thing, but for life in general! biggrin (and before North_of_Nita' suggests it, I don't think belly dancing would be "appropriate" under the circumstances. Not that I ever got to learn how, but I just have a feeling she's gonna suggest it! stare )  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:14 am
Okay! So! I've figured out what I'm doing.

On the first day, at dinner - after all the families arrive, I'm going to dress up as Medb, and say something along the lines of
"My Lords and Ladies pray attend,
My name is Medb, and I have come to your shire of Cold Keep **though none of them are in the SCA, their closest shire is Cold Keep**, all the way from my little shire of Cae Mor, to put to you a challenge.

You see, I am a bard. Bards are really entertainers from my time. They entertain the populace in different ways -with dance, with song, with poem, and with story.

Within each person there is a bard just WAITING to get out. And I hope to bring out the bard in you this week.

I have been told, by my good friend Amanda - perhaps you know her? That at the end of this week there is a "Talent" "Show" ?
Well my challenge is **insert bardic challenge from book**

Each family, and the staff will be different groups, and at the end of the week, each family will perform what they've managed to put together."

And I'm not sure how I'm going to say goodbye, or what excuse I'm going to use so that I can leave right away ... But yeah.

I haven’t decided which challenge to use yes - but I've got a list of them, from the Bardic Class that was at the Penguin Crusades this year.

By the way - feel free to edit, or change, or otherwise give me ideas for my little speach thing there. That was just a rough draft.

And at the end of the week, at the talent show I'm going to sing 'The Three Ravens'
http://www.chivalry.com/cantaria/lyrics/three-ravens.html
((Thank-you KariudoMegami and everyone else who helped me figure out what to do. ))

And then ask the families to perform their songs.

And afterwards do my best to answer any questions about the SCA that anyone might have! biggrin

Only one problem ...

My Persona's still not done! And my herald and family are quitting SCA at the very LEAST for a year!! If not permanently! crying

Help? sweatdrop heart

I'm not sure where to get sources.

But I am going to go to Lord Wlfred and ask him at school today! 3nodding  

Naito_Mitsukai

LoneDuke

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:07 am
So how do you go about getting new people to attend events?  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:15 pm
Refering to...? sweatdrop  

Naito_Mitsukai

SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out