Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply TokyoPop Manga Guild
Sailor Moon or Cardcaptor Sakura? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SM or CCS
Sailor Moon
37%
 37%  [ 26 ]
Cardcaptor Sakura
62%
 62%  [ 43 ]
Total Votes : 69

Capricorinations

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:59 pm
Neko-Yousei
Andserkiel
Otako
i like S.M. better because of these reasons:

-Great designs of characters
-Steller Plot (i found that card battles for a series is not an ideal thing for me)
-Great Villians (they were sooooooooooo unique!)
-Hot chicks(best for girls in miniskirts) heart heart heart heart heart

To be honest I don't like the villians that much, I mean the cardians, youmas and stuff, they were so not scary, just laughable. The major villians like the generals, 4 sisters, Doom Phantom, Dr Tomoe ect were good though.

The youma and such were not supposed to be scary. Not too mention we're talking 1991-1992 animation. In fact, most were supposed to be pretty funny because in the Japanese they would make funny sound-words (ex.-doki doki, pita pita, kira kira) and say stupid little things.
But I'm totally with Lilithia...I grew up watching SailorMoon, it was my first anime and without I probably wouldn't be in anime today. eek
your both totally right and i think that the youmas were cool! xd they were very creative  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:55 am
i love sailor moon heart but cc is good too im not too fond of it the end of sailor moon was too crappy even for me sad  

nlee

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:54 am
nlee
i love sailor moon heart but cc is good too im not too fond of it the end of sailor moon was too crappy even for me sad

Anime or manga? I thought the anime ended wonderfully. 3nodding
Mamo-chan...
Usako...

***CHUUUUU***  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:15 pm
definitely sailor moon. it has a better plot, better character development, more action, everything is better about it. i do like CLAMP artwork better though.  

Ryuu_Sora

~Ayame-chan~

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:33 pm
I personally like Cardcaptor Sakura better than Sailor Moon =^.^= I think that the artwork, characters, and storyline are much more appealing in the series. That's just me though! I'm a Clamp kind of gal blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:20 pm
Sailormoon. The story line is alot more interesting and has alot more twist than cc. cc is applauded for a great spin on a basic storyline though. biggrin  

Frosted Fai

Capricorinations

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:51 pm
i don't like the artwork for C.C.S. seems way too cludered and the heads always seem too big for the bodies.Really don't like Sakura in the manga.Looks really out of whack .She looks better in the anime xd  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:22 am
"Looks really out of whack"? sweatdrop  

Andserkiel

Capricorinations

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:32 am
Andserkiel
out of whack=dumb stare  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:33 am
Otako
Andserkiel
out of whack=dumb stare

Now now...there are some things to remember about CCS. One, the main characters are 4th graders. Two, this was in the beginning of CLAMP. Not the VERY beginning, but way before their fine art that they have today such as Legal Drug, Tsubasa, or XXXHolic. *nod nod*
But I admit, I like the designs for the anime better than the manga... whee  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

Andserkiel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:44 am
Otako
Andserkiel
out of whack=dumb stare

crying how could you...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:47 am
Andserkiel
Otako
Andserkiel
out of whack=dumb stare

crying how could you...

*pats Andserkiel-chan on ze back*
daijoubu~ 3nodding

~Ayame-chan~
I personally like Cardcaptor Sakura better than Sailor Moon =^.^= I think that the artwork, characters, and storyline are much more appealing in the series. That's just me though! I'm a Clamp kind of gal blaugh

Okay...if they were in highschool, hell, I'd go for middle school, I'd like it A LOT better than I already do. But they're in 4th grade for crying out loud!!! gonk
And it would have been cool if Sakura had some cool a** rivals...no, MeiLing doesn't count. So, yeah...the series didn't get real good till the third season (Eriol, butterfly girlie, and teh c00lest of tehm all...Suppi-chan!!! 4laugh )  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:48 am
Also when Syaoran gets out of his little Yuki-boy-crush phase. xp
Now Touya and Yuki... There ya go... wink  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:55 am
Sailor Moon was my very first anime. It was what got me into anime. I really like it a whole lot more than CCS. Of course, the dubbed SM that was shown on Cartoon Network wasn't very good at all. The original japanese anime and manga, however, is amazing! Its so beautiful and the plot is so involved. All the characters are well developed and none of them are perfect. They all have flaws they have to work out, and they aren't ever really completely happy....until the end of course.

CCS seems a lot more happy-go-lucky to me, and I am not such a fan of that. I think anime is more interesting when there are major issues to work out.....of course, I haven't watched much of CCS so I may be completely off the mark here....I'm just going on what I've seen.  

lizstar

7,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:35 pm
lizstar
CCS seems a lot more happy-go-lucky to me, and I am not such a fan of that. I think anime is more interesting when there are major issues to work out.....of course, I haven't watched much of CCS so I may be completely off the mark here....I'm just going on what I've seen.

You're not completely off the mark. I adore SM much more than CCS [/statement]
CCS has it's moments of non-happy-go-luckyness ... ninja Especially in the movies (#2!!!) and toward the middle/end of the series. Infact, the second season shocked me when I saw the battle with Yue and Sakura. I thought it was the most violent thing EVARRR in CCS. My mouth literally hung open for a while, eyes wide open with shock. eek
And the third season when Meiling leaves for China and then she comes back to learn that Syaoran has fallen in love (yeah...'love', they're 4th, maybe 5th graders by now) with Sakura. Meiling's big teary eyes and and and...crying with Tomoyo...Very touching and sad. And the elevator episode!!!! With Syaoran and Sakura! One of my favs...Syaoran is just screaming Sakura's name when she disappears!
Oh, I wanna watch it...but I dun't have it. Poo. xp  
TokyoPop Manga Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces