Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
"More Better" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

More better
  Webster and I are crying together
  sounds right to me...
  Ahhh! *runs*
View Results

SilverBellsAbove

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:18 pm
Grammar-bot online. OBJECTIVE: Seek and destroy...  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:07 pm
It's just awful when someone says something like that! I remember overhearing a conversation while I was at a store with my mom. One of the people used the phrase "more better" and after he walked away, I asked my mom if I heard him correctly. She nodded, and we were both disappointed with his grammatical error. stressed  

s0prano42_x3

s0prano42_x3

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:18 pm
Lekonua
Virety
Does anyone else dislike the phrase "more better"? I shudder as if nails are being driven into my brain when I hear people say that.
I feel like slapping people who say it Purposly never mind on accident. Some epople actually think it is a correct phrase, I cry when those people start to argue with me. It's just, wrong.

I say it on purpose sometimes as a reference to Jack Sparrow.

"No! Much more better! It is a drawring of a key."

smile

...That is the only instance where I will tolerate that phrase! Otherwise it drives me completely bonkers!  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:32 pm
Those two words do NOT belong in the same sentence!

It's barbaric and indescribably idiotic.

Isn't "much better" the correct phrase instead of "more better"?  

YHVHApostle

Lady Pica

Salty Wench

8,975 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:57 pm
What do you mean? More better sounds right to me...

Kidding!!! I say that in the newspaper office as a joke, but other than that...*Pulls out triangle-of-death, formerly known as a cake server* Death to the imbeciles.  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:52 am
YourLovelyBear
I have this weird tendency to say "more better" after I say that something is better, but what I call "more better" isn't supposed to be best, so I just end up using "more better". Should I be beaten down with metal bats for doing that? ._."

I can see the temptation, but it's still not correct. ^_^ Say "even better" instead.  

-l- Eli -l-

~Winter Roses~

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:04 pm
Yes, I despise that!
My brothers sometimes say that, I give them that look, like i'm about to scream.
They do it on purpose too.
More better...how annoying, eh?
aha.
yes.
I guess people just have that [[annoying] need to add an extra word, in this case, "more" to their sentences to over exaggerate what thier trying to say. :/

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:08 pm
Swamp Sparrow
What do you mean? More better sounds right to me...

Kidding!!! I say that in the newspaper office as a joke, but other than that...*Pulls out triangle-of-death, formerly known as a cake server* Death to the imbeciles.

Don't do that to me.

I went pale.

No, seriously, I did.

I'm like cry wahmbulance neutral confused eek sweatdrop stressed scream gonk crying stare all at once.  

Organic Shadows

Ksenia Sergeevina

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:03 pm
My band and english teachers uses it as a joke, as do many of my friends. They know it's wrong.  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:56 pm

I hate it when people say 'more better' and they know that it is wrong. It just makes me feel like I'm going to explode!!! burning_eyes

[p o c k y `]

Iris of the Rain

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:08 pm
gonk That phrase makes me cringe, even though I hear it nearly every day. Americans are doomed as we know it.  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:08 pm
Like, a ton of the people I know always say betterer.

And I'm always "what the hell?"  

Doppelgaanger

7,350 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Sweet Blushes

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:07 pm
I agree immensely. The awful phrase is truly annoying.  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:31 pm
I didn't believe people did this on purpose. I always thought it was a slip of the tongue. I mean, often when I'm rushing a sentence when talking, I find myself saying "more greener" or "more sweeter" and not catching my mistake until a friend points out my faux pas.  

Kohy

Sweet Blushes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:17 pm
I agree entirely; it just pains me to hear those incorrect words spoken in our society.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff