Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
horror vs. comedy, come or i'll kill you [not really] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

horror or comedy?
  whore-rawr!!!!!!!
  come-eddie
  BOTH! ...together... in bed... heh heh :sweat:
View Results

27 Names for Tears

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:23 pm
Horror.
It takes a lot for me to consider a movie to be scary though. Most typical 'horror' films fall into 'comedy' in my opinion.

Take the Hills Have Eyes for example.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:37 pm
horror.....then again Idk it depends majorly on my mood  

TalimRose

Lucky_Blue_Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:40 pm
I like both, but comedy is definitely harder to do well, so I guess I have more appreciation for a good comedy (which is rare). Shaun of the Dead is my favorite movie, which is a bit of a mix between the two.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:47 am
alot of comedys are dumb. give me horror any day. lol  

fireymagma

OnFire Max

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:43 am
It's gotta be Horror for me, I love people getting cut up or landing on
funny parts of the body, gives me that little chill and it's great.

I love when they do things to eyes, thats such a sensitive spot and
hurts. KILL THEM !

I love torture horror, those are the best. Can't think of any right now sweatdrop

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:29 am
High Tension.

End of conversation. haha. biggrin  

Pink Pawprints

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:04 am
I hate horror.
Can't stand horror.

I like comedy, if it's done right.

I tend to prefer thriller/action/drama.

And Robin Williams FTW <3  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:44 pm
OnFire Max
It's gotta be Horror for me, I love people getting cut up or landing on
funny parts of the body, gives me that little chill and it's great.

I love when they do things to eyes, thats such a sensitive spot and
hurts. KILL THEM !

I love torture horror, those are the best. Can't think of any right now sweatdrop
heh heh... me too XD

kiSs.mE.i`M.COnTaGioUS

Alice Cooper Rockstar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:45 pm
I like both horror and comedy. Sometimes I feel like I need to laugh and other times I like to just to be mello (horror movies dont really scare me). I remember a horror movie though that was pretty interesting but i cant remember the name. It was about a boy who saw the tooth fairy and since he did he was to die but his mother did instead and since then he never went in dark places unless he had some sort of light sorce around him. I mostly like the old horror movies like the original Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy etc. One of my favorites was the original House of Wax. The main character had an interesting museum of wax people and settings. The new one was pretty good as well. Very interesting characters.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:10 pm
Both, but I think comedy scores a little ahead at the moment. All depends on the mood. xd

Personally when it comes to horror, I don't find all the gore fest movies scary in the slightest, which is basically what I see all the time lately. But then...it's fun to laugh at. lol
Good Horror Flicks: Halloween, Psycho, The Fog(original), The Shining, The Omen(original), Night of the Living Dead, The Exorcist, Silence of the Lambs, What Lies Beneath, Stir of Echoes, IT, Cujo, 28 Days Later, Poltergeist, Twilight Zone:The Movie, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre(original), etc.

I will always and forever love comedy movies, from slapstick to jokes you have to think over. It's allllll me.
Good Comedy Flicks: Airplane!, Annie Hall, A Day at the Races, What about Bob?, Pink Panther series (Peter Sellers all the way!), The Birdcage, Blazing Saddles, Dr. Strangelove, The Big Tease, Mrs. Doubtfire, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Harvey, One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest, Ghostbusters 1 & 2, etc.

IvoryPaws

Polythene Girl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:36 pm
You cant compare horror and comedy.
Horror and Thriller maybe. But not those two.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:48 pm
Polythene Girl
please don't make judgements about my thread, i have my opinions, and you have yours. I feel differently than you so don't come into my thread and say I can't do something. your opinion doesn't mean any more than mine.
[i tried really hard to say that with out saying it in a non bitchy-flamming mood so don't get mad at me]

kiSs.mE.i`M.COnTaGioUS

dpgirl27

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:59 pm
I prefer comedy more over horror. I'd rather laugh out loud than be scared for a long period of time over a movie.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:01 pm
    User Image

Catie can I be on the orange list?! gonk domokun
AndI like comedy and horror, it just depends on what mood I'm in.
AND STEVE MARTIN IS AWESOME! [exceptforthefactthathelookslikemydad*throwsup*]
But anyway...
Yeah, Steve Martin is wicked kewl^^.

♫♪♬
[[
What's the worst that I can say?]]
[[
Things are better if I stay]]
[[
So long and goodnight]]

Erotica-Exotica

LadyRaiden

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:44 am
Polythene Girl

Comparing Horror and Thriller would have been a total lack of imagination and a drain on everyone's time as they are too much alike. When you are doing a thread to ask what is better, or what people like more it's better to give them two very contrasting options [or more then two]. That way they can either flat out shout their opinion as it floats into their head or they can mull it over and get back to the person who gave them the options.

Giving two options that are nearly exactly alike [which I know Horror and Thriller are not, they have many subtle differences] is just a waste of time. Some movies that you would consider horror are actually labelled Thriller and some movies I consider to be Thriller may infact be labelled Horror. If you didn't like the thread to begin with, then why did you post?

xxFrostyxx

T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces