Reply ~ Main Forum ~
How young is too young? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Dark Knight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:01 pm
my mom made me get my ears pierced when i was 3, i hated it, i cried. i still remember there was a baby in a stoller, in front of me to get hers pierced, and my mom was saying "see, she's not crying"
i wore them for like a year sraight so they wouldn't heal up. then i never wore them again. and 14 yrs later they still havent healed.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:02 pm
Well I’ve had my ears pierced since 3 months old and my dad told me I didn’t cry I just sat there. I do think other piercing is wrong for a child. Once I saw a 7 year old with her belly button pierced. I didn’t like that very much. But then again it’s up to the parents on what they want for there children if they want the responsibility of taking care of that and stinky diapers more power to them.  

DuctTapeLove

650 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

2aetH

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:46 pm
I'd like to state that I think it's perfectly acceptable, and I'll tell you why.

This was me at 2:

Me: Mommy, all the pretty girls have their ears pierced! I want my ears pierced too.
Mom: Nope. You wouldn't like it, it hurts a lot.
Me: I don't care! I want it.
Mom: Well, I told you it hurts.
Me: Nuh-uh. You're wrong.
Mom: We'll see.

Then we went to go get them done. And I was wrong, it DID hurt. I remember crying.

Me: Mommy, it hurts. T^T
Mom: I told you so.
Me: YOU DID NOT.
Mom: *sigh*

You know what? Piercings can and do heal up. If the kid doesn't want them, they can still heal up. Woopty doo.

I wouldn't think it was okay to pierce anyone's ears under a year and a half old, because they should be able to talk. And if they say they don't want them, then they shouldn't get them. I wanted my ears pierced. My mom said it'd hurt, she was right. It's one of those ways I learned to take my mom's opinion seriously. XD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:27 am
Veruniel
I can understand teens getting piercings. Hell, I can understand preteens getting piercings. But a TODDLER? Isn't that taking it too far?

I saw a little girl on the bus today, wearing gold hoop earrings. She couldn't have been more than three. It seems really crass to put earrings on a kid that age, and really cruel to stick pins through their ears when they're too young to be making the desicion on their own. I've seen little children get pierced, I've seen how hard they cry, and I think it's ******** wrong.

But maybe I'm just old fashioned. Do you think there should be an age limit on piercing? If so, what should it be?

yeeah it is another bad thing is when they develop a personality of a gangster before the age of 10. I mean I've been told you dont start having your own personality defiently till you teenage years. Sure you have a little of your own personality but you follow most of what your parents tell you.  

Hunter of the Dammed

..Luaxanna..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:39 am
I got my ears pierced when I was 5. It didn't hurt one bit, nor did I cry, or anything. It was my descision, and my parents agreed, and my mother always helped me clean the piercings until I didn't need to anymore. I only wore studs until I was old enough to wear dangle or hoop earings. I've never had a problem with them.

I think it's fine to allow a child to have their ears pierced as long as they want to, and you do so in good taste. I used to know a third grader with three ear piercings in each one, and I'm nearly 14 and I still have the ones I got when I was 5. So, really, it's a matter of the parent's discretion, and the child's responsibility.

A three year old wearing hoops is a little bit rediculous.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:22 am
Parents sometimes get their baby's ears pierced. I think that's pushing it! I think 12 is a good age, for that was the age I stopped being a pansy is did it.  

Stars_Tears

Mz.Wiggles

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:16 pm
I got my first ear peircing at 2 months.
It hurts less as a baby.
Hell, I don't even remember the pain I was 2 months!
I think whatever your age is it's never too young.
As long as it's not tons of piercings, you know?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:42 pm
Veruniel
I can understand teens getting piercings. Hell, I can understand preteens getting piercings. But a TODDLER? Isn't that taking it too far?

I saw a little girl on the bus today, wearing gold hoop earrings. She couldn't have been more than three. It seems really crass to put earrings on a kid that age, and really cruel to stick pins through their ears when they're too young to be making the desicion on their own. I've seen little children get pierced, I've seen how hard they cry, and I think it's ******** wrong.

But maybe I'm just old fashioned. Do you think there should be an age limit on piercing? If so, what should it be?

my baby cousin got her ears pierced when she was only a year old. that happens alot in my family. i remember her crawling around with those tiny silver balls in her ears. my aunt said she cried like hell when she got them.  

blackfoxi

Xx-Razorblade-Skittles-xX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:27 pm
I think it's personally up to the parents. I think it's kinda cute for a toddler to have earings, but hoop earings are kinda pushing it. It also depends how big they were.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:08 pm
Mm I didn't cry when I got my ears pierced at 4? I think it's kinda good to at least get their first piercings at a young age. As long as the parents keep up with it and clean it? The kid won't remember the pain of a quick piercing. It's part of culture, not so much abuse I think. If the kid doesn't like it, they can take it out later on.  

RedRosez

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:24 am
ceilisidhe
Hm.........I think one must be able to care for said holes 'ere one may have them. If you don't know what to do about pulls, infections, etc... then you'll panic when one catches and you begin bleeding not to mention green ooze.....

Oooh. Good point. I didn't think of that, since I've never had piercings myself. But it's probably why most parents think upper ear piercings on kids are right out.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:09 am
I think the kid should say "I want my ears pierced" before you go and do it. I'm not sure what's up with some parents nowadays. It's like they're saying "Trust me, you'll want this." And hoops? I would think if you absolutely HAVE to get your kid's ears pierced, make them wear studs until they're old enough to consiously be aware that it can get caught. The fact that the kid was wearing hoops just says that their ears were pierced long before you saw them. I don't know, I think it's nuts.  

DMSeraphim

Laharl Part Deux

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:19 pm
I think thirteen is a good age. Its old enough for them to make the decision but young enough so that they are not waiting forever.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:58 pm
I wouldn't do it to my kid, that's for sure. I chose when to get my ears pierced, and I'm glad I got to make that choice. Some people never want their ears pierced, and if my kid so happened to be the sort that hated that kind of thing, well, I'd certainly not want to have done it to them without their consent.

A legal age limit, though? I don't know if it would hold up with the law/society as a whole.  

R-e-d _ C a r e s s

Shirtless Shapeshifter

Kohanna13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:25 pm
I think if it's for religious reasons it's ok but you see parents who don't think about what the child wants. I was about 6 or 7 when I had my ears done but they got infected crying and had to be re-done. Where I'm from the average piercers won't pierce you unless you're 16 with a parent or 18 without, depending on the piercing. I think that's about right.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff