Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Favorite Tarot Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Luthien123-

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:49 am
I am getting my first deck soon. Its gonna be a Faery one! Cant wait! My favorite card are strength ans The Page of Swords.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:19 pm
I've only ever owned two, but both were/are very special to me.

My first deck was the Celtic Dragon Tarot, and it was used. (I know some people have a taboo on that) It was given to me by my older brother when I was about 14 and it really helped foster a bond between us. (He's a lot older than I am so we've never really been close.) He helped me cleanse it but even after it still held some of him. Which in my mind is a good thing because no 14 year old should ever be let loose with unbound magic. I stopped using them when I lost the death card. (to this day I believe my younger brother stole it and ripped it up because he was angry)

It was a safe deck for me, and it never really told me things that were truly bad.

My second deck, which is the deck I use most, is the Crowley-Thoth tarot. And I'm sure Crowley would cry (well maybe not cry) and call me names if he knew I didn't use them the way he wanted. They didn't want to do things my way from day one, and when I say 'they' it's very true. These cards have a personality of their own. But we've come to more or less an agreement now that I've stopped trying to use them in the old conventional ways. They're playful, and sometimes I don't always get my way.

Ie: if I pull on of the blank fortune cards, I usually pull another card to lay across to see the gist of the blankness (good or bad) and sometimes they'll just give me another blank fortune card to reiterate the point.

User Image

That's the most monumental reading I think I've ever done. It was during a two week drinking binge, just after I met the man that would become my fiance, after I started dating Peter, everything became more healthy for me and I stopped partying, drinking, smoking all that jazz.  

Lady Schist

fire_mistress_fuega

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:44 am
Dragoness Arleeana
I have a Revelations deck, the art is beautiful ^_^

http://www.tarotgarden.com/database/images/thumbnails/osthumb/revelationssample.gif

http://www.tarotpedia.com/wiki/images/thumb/4/49/Revelations13.jpg/180px-Revelations13.jpg

I absolutly adore this deck. Its my personal favorite because the images really speak to me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:07 pm
oooooooooooooooo i love mine. it has all the egyptian goddesses on it! please comment on my profile, or make me ur friend ^_^  

-Malignant Noodle-

-Malignant Noodle-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:09 pm
-Luthien123-
I am getting my first deck soon. Its gonna be a Faery one! Cant wait! My favorite card are strength ans The Page of Swords.
i love the strength card. its so beautiful. on my deck it has bast, the egyptian cat goddess.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:18 pm
i have the basic tarot deck right now but later i will get a new deck but not sure yet what i would like to have  

Geisha Princess

Meilos

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:57 am
I'll have to save up $35, but when I do, I'm going to get the Inner Child Cards tarot. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:52 pm
xXx kitsy xXx
*sigh* all's i got is my rider-waite, i couldnt get one that was too expensive.

Meh what's wrong with that? That's all I have and that's all I want!  

XRecluses_LightX

Kindras

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:55 am
I have a finestra Tarot card deck. I'd really like to do some more readings with them so i can become more in tune with the deck.

I'd also like to find a cloth or something so that i can wrap my deck in it.

I'd have to say that one of my favorite cards is the Aeon. It also happens to be one of the cards i was born on.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:03 pm
hangin man,star ninja  

Vampyra010

HiddenBeliefs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:22 am
I'm awakening this thread from the edge of death.

i love tarot cards.. still need to get a dragon deck though!

I have three decks so far - the rider-waite deck, a fairy deck were everything is nice (it was my first deck and the one i have the strongest bond with, also i got the rider-waite on ebay and even though ive cleansed them they dont seem to conect that well with me, its an on and off again relationship lol) and my newest deck is the witches runes deck which for a half silver ravenwolf product is fairly good and i love it. (she made it with nigel jackson.)

i love them all but my favourite switches... i guess i havent found my ultimate favourite yet, i'll just have to keep buying until i do lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:17 am
My boyfriend was going to make me a personalize tarot deck for my birthday, but we both completely forgot about it. He's really good at drawing and had a few card ideas. Once he got them completely done he was either going to have them engraved into wood or put them onto nice paper an have them lamenated. The wood would be nice, but it might be too thick and a bit expensive.  

Dragoness Arleeana

Eloquent Hunter

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:28 pm
i only have the okiyoe and the rider-waite decks, and i guess i prefer the okiyoe over the rider, but i dont really have a favorite  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:06 am
I have the Goddess Tarot:
User Image

I've had that deck since I was 13 nearly 14, so I've had it..hmm..it'll be 6 years in June, it works wonderfully for me. I love that deck.

In 2006 for my birthday I wanted another deck so while me and my friend Mandee were at Mystic Wonders she bought me the Ramses Tarot of Eternity deck but it doesn't seem to want to work for me at all...  

meindrea

Tari_Leralonde

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:33 pm
My first deck--and my favorite--was the Faerie's Oracle, by Brian Froud. *huggles deck*  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games