Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply SCA Guild
No s**t, There I Was..... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Courtesan Brigitte

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:28 pm
No s**t, there I was, coming late to an event. My boyfriend went ahead the day before because he didn't have to work, and he set up camp for us.

When I arrived, late, hungry, and generally annoyed, I trudged into our modest pavilion to drop off my things. There was my boyfriend's duffle bag, but off in a corner there was an unfamiliar bag--it was purple and all covered with Celtic knots. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against purple knotted tote bags, but it didn't look like anything my ex-green-beret boyfriend would be sporting. When I asked about the mysterious luggage, he explained that it was his ex-girlfriend's.

"It's not like I invited her in.... she just kind of made herself at home!"

Me, my boyfriend, and my boyfriend's ex? I think not.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:35 pm
After a fight some herald started giving honors to those who have fought noteworthy, and I was celebrated for leading a charge. anyway he go's on and on about "Mi'lords bravery" and "this mans skill" (the brigandine I wear doesn't have any curves) but when he asks me to take off my helmet it's obvious I am no man, and he turns bright red with embarressment and slaps himself, whilst apologizing.  

The Abortionater

Imzy
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:29 pm
Shnelt
After a fight some herald started giving honors to those who have fought noteworthy, and I was celebrated for leading a charge. anyway he go's on and on about "Mi'lords bravery" and "this mans skill" (the brigandine I wear doesn't have any curves) but when he asks me to take off my helmet it's obvious I am no man, and he turns bright red with embarressment and slaps himself, whilst apologizing.

Oh, you totally should have whipped off your helmet, tossed your hair, and said, "I am no man!" a'la Eowyn from LotR. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:46 pm
Imzy
Shnelt

Oh, you totally should have whipped off your helmet, tossed your hair, and said, "I am no man!" a'la Eowyn from LotR. biggrin

hahaha, that would have been awesome!  

Arithrel
Crew

Courtesan Brigitte

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:51 pm
On the way to an event, I was sent to raid Ireland (read: stop at Walmart). Some events I get in garb after arrival, but on the shorter trips I often change before I leave home and don't worry about it. This was one such event.

So there I am, in a traditional Norse underdress/apron dress combo, with a rope-woven belt and a tasteful choker made of brass beads and wolf teeth.

And some guy pulled a cross on me.

Some people are so touchy... I wasn't even armed!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:40 pm
I posted this in the "you know you're in the SCA when..." thread, but I thought this would be a good place to go more in-depth

No s**t, there I was sitting in the Cactus Club Cafe on Broadway (a Vancouver-based chain of restaurants that serve grat food at reasonable prices) with the group of film-makers (all mundane, except myself) that I was a part of for a local film fest to celebrate the film's sucess (it took best picture and best actress). There was a cute girl sitting across the table from me (taken, mind you) and we were talking about the food and the film and the fact that there was this really cold draft blowing across us (we were both in shortsleeve shirts) and she mentioned how nice it would be to curl up in the curtain that was hanging just above her. I then finally caught a glimpse of it - it was a beautiful royal blue velvet with a black backing and gold tasseled trim. I started talking about what a wonderful cloak it would make and so on, and at one point I even reached behind me to feel the fabric on the curtain behind me. Surprisinnly enough, she seemed hardly at all shocked by my sudden interest in fabric and sewing (I am a guy, afterall).  

musicman3672

Your Night Surgeon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:49 am
Alrighty, a common Bard's No s**t tale...

No s**t, there I was, squaring off against the King of Calontir and his Huscarl. I wielded a Seven foot greatsword, No! a longsword, No! a short sword, No!...a toothpick. And as the mighty force before me came crashing down upon me like a tidal wave upon a shore village, I flicked my mighty rattan toothpick at the king. It entered his helm and he fell, dead. He fell upon one of his Huscalr, tripping him, which tripped all those behind in a mighty chain of metal, leather, and bruised flesh. I had won the fight, a noble-yet humble warrior of Ansteorra.

*take a good look to the crowd and a dramatic pause*

No s**t, there I was.

It's a popular one among the groups I've run with. Insert the kingdom of your choice and replace Huscarl with Knights and go with it. Who knows, you might get somewhere in a bardic competion ( albeit a more...revel-oriented one). I learned it from a very nice Calontiri... too bad I picked his kingdom to pick on...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:04 am
no s**t, there i was... a fun little indoor camping event the winter before last. A friend, with his wife standing right behind me says, "Remember your first Dub Dub? You slapped me."
- I did what?? (I don't remember the evenings of my first Dub Dub very well... I was a drunken fool...)
Then says he,"Don't worry, I deserved it."
- What?!?!?
And his wife just giggles, and no more is explained. I've rarely been more confused. neutral

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Red Zomby

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:02 pm
No s**t there I was...

At an event and I had made a bet
If I could down an entire mug faster than Drake Sandobal, then he would give me his spare rattan stalk for weapons.
If I lost however I would have to hang both of our tankards from my mutton-chop sideburns with some small chains for the rest of the day...It was 10 AM.

I lost cry

So for 13 hours I walked through encampments and merchants row with 2 pewter mugs on my face...most would be embarrassed, but I loved it. pretty funny.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:19 pm
Commissar Russ
No s**t there I was...

If I could down an entire mug faster than Drake Sandobal, then he would give me his spare rattan stalk for weapons.
If I lost however I would have to hang both of our tankards from my mutton-chop sideburns with some small chains for the rest of the day...It was 10 AM.

I lost cry

So for 13 hours I walked through encampments and merchants row with 2 pewter mugs on my face...most would be embarrassed, but I loved it. pretty funny.

ahhhh... the most classic way to create a NSTIW story.... losing a bet. blaugh  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Red Zomby

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:30 pm
littlegreengirl
Commissar Russ
No s**t there I was...

I lost cry

ahhhh... the most classic way to create a NSTIW story.... losing a bet. blaugh
Oh yeah. that, beer, and sideburns mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:20 pm
Well...

I'm at Taco Bell, not strange.
However most do not expect to see a man in shining full plate order 60 tacos.
I was on a run for many people in a campsite with a busted grill.
I stood waiting as people stared at me as if had just ordered a small child cooked medium-rare. I look at a man who gaped and told him "Lotsa people sweatdrop " as if the myriad tacos were the only oddity.
I honestly had no Idea it was wierd that I was wearing my armor until I screamed "Hrothgar! get the bucket!" (for tacos) and a woman asked if we we SCAdians I was amazed. her son had actually recently killed me with a good wrap hit. We kept our cool until we were back in the truck then burst into laughter.  

Red Zomby

Red Zomby

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:40 pm
Imzy
Gaijin32
Hehe, Bagel Hockey. Funny!

On a more SCA-related topic, there was one time, a lot of years back, when I was still an informal part of the then-shire of Windhaven. It was at a dance class, or a practice, and everyone was really putting their weight on it. We went from one dance to another, until we got to the one that got me sitting out. The Koro Bushka. Dunno if I'm spelling it right, but that's how it sounds.

Anyway, we were in a huge circle around this gymnasium, dancing, and loving every minute. Then I take a bad step, and the outer edge of my boot comes down on the floor instead of the sole. My ankle folded without breaking (somehow), and I went down on my side, startled as all blue hell. But the good part is, as soon as I went down like that, there were about 4 or 5 people all rushing my way, to be sure I was all right. They walked me to a chair and had me sit down for a few, to take stock, see if anything was still unusually sore. I was fine, luckily. A lot more scared than hurt.

I kinda stayed with the simpler dances after that, but have since forgotten them all. *sigh*

*lol* ah, yes, the karabushka (I think...). That dance can be lethal, especially if you have anything weighty dangling from your belt, or long tippets on your sleeves, or anything like that. biggrin
Is that the russian cossak dance that has you squat close to the ground and kick out?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:23 am
My first night in the SCA my lord squire told this tale to me...Wich is the reason I never want to meet his Knight...

"No s**t, there I was,
At the '92 (or '93???) West/Ciad war, there was a rez capture the flag battle.
I was walking to the rez point to wait my 2 min and go back out there. My Knight, Valgard, met me there. He waited untill my 2 min was up, then he said, "Squire, come with me." (later to be known as the most imfamous phrase in our household) So, being a good squire, I went with him. He lead me to the Ciadan line, and calmly said, "Just walk natually." Now mind you he was Prince of the Mists at the time, he was wearing the Prince's tabard, and his shield had -all bright and new- the Device of the Mists. So, walking natually, we walked towards the Ciadan flag.

We where about 20 yards away from the flag when some guy turns around...and sees us. He starts hollering and nudging the guy next to him. So the two of them get the attention of Giaus' boy and Draufin (sp?). They broke off of the front lines and turned around towards us. I was bug eyed and already feeling it. "Just walk natually." says my knight...

Needless to say we got hamburgered, 5 feet from the flag..."

So now my page sister (his daughter) and I tease him about it.

Please, forgive the typos and misspellings biggrin  

Salka McKie

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:27 am
Commissar Russ
Imzy

*lol* ah, yes, the karabushka (I think...). That dance can be lethal, especially if you have anything weighty dangling from your belt, or long tippets on your sleeves, or anything like that. biggrin
Is that the russian cossak dance that has you squat close to the ground and kick out?

nope, it's a late period dance that involves a whole lot of spinning.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff