Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pirates Of The Caribbean, The Official Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply Welcome To The Deck Luv
Barbossa vs Davy Jones Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who do you like better?
  Barbossa :D
  Davy Jones -_-'
View Results

Sonic Butterfly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:09 am
Chath Tiu
MOLLAYYY
Jessica Malatori
Am I the only one who actually likes Davy Jones over Barbossa? But both are cool...

I prefer Davy Jones as a villain more than I do Barbossa.
I don't think Barbossa's really evil, he's selfish like any Pirate ought to be.
Kinda like a bully-version of Jack. D;

Davy Jones on the other hand has a squid for a head, and that's pretty damn intimidating.

Unless you love Calamari. blaugh

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:23 am

Whatever, I totally claimed Barbossa way before ya'll :3

Thing is, Barbossa is almost exactly like Jack Sparrow, except Jack is seen as "good" because he's on our heroes' side. They both want to be Captain, they're incredible with words and can manipulate almost any situation. They're also devious, step on whoever they need to to get to the top and rarely take into account others' wishes.

Just making sure everyone knows this before they put the "evil" label on our loverly Hector.

Oh, and I do like Davy Jones (just imagine where those tentacles could go! ;D) and it's pretty refreshing to see a villain like him, at least to me.

[M]arquis de LaFayette

MOLLAYYY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:42 pm
Sonic Butterfly
MOLLAYYY
Jessica Malatori
Am I the only one who actually likes Davy Jones over Barbossa? But both are cool...

I prefer Davy Jones as a villain more than I do Barbossa.
I don't think Barbossa's really evil, he's selfish like any Pirate ought to be.
Kinda like a bully-version of Jack. D;

Davy Jones on the other hand has a squid for a head, and that's pretty damn intimidating.

Looks delicious... xd

xDDD
I wonder if the cannibals would have him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:07 pm
I think that Davy Jones is definitly scary, but Barbossa is a true villian. Davy jones just lost his heart and could get over the break up while Barbossa is betraying people, killing allot and doing it himself and not having a kraken do it for him.  

Serenity-Revers

6,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300

VC Verse

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:28 pm
After finally watching the second disc of movie two, not just the movie... I've come to like Davy Jones a lot more. I watched the making of him, so yeah, I like him... As a character. Barbossa is still better, just because he's funner. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:03 pm
Barbossa is the better played character.  

Pyrateintheshadows

5,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Vlad_the_Vamp

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:41 am
EVERYONE IS A VILLIAN They all betrayed each other left and right and wanted to satisfy their own needs. they didnt care for anyone but themselves and thats what made them pirates  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:44 am
User Image User Image User Image

That's got to be the best pirate I've ever seen!

-----------------
I like Captain Barbossa way better than Davy Jones. I mean, he's pretty hot...in his own way. sweatdrop

Still, it was REALLY funny when Jack stabbed him. He rolled his eyes and sighs,"You just never learn, do ya?" Then he stabs Jack nonchalantly.

*spoilers below. Highlight for text*

It was also really funny when Teague called Jack Sparrow, Jackie. XD I'm getting off topic here. XD
-----------------

So it would seem.

User Image User Image User Image  

[jessii]

x.fiendish

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:32 pm
Funny, I never thought of them as "villains" but I guess they are. o___o

I don't dislike either of them, but I do lean towards Barbossa a bit more. Davy Jones is cooler to look at, but takes himself a little too seriously (although
standing in a bucket on the beach was the funniest thing ever).

The first time I saw AWE, I thought Barbossa had become too "good," fighting on the side of the protagonists as he was for the majority of the movie. But the second time I saw it I realized that he was in it for himself as well, because Tia Dalma brought him back from the dead in exchange for him releasing her from her human form. Therefore, Barbossa was willing to sacrifice the good of all sea-faring folk by freeing Calypso once again just to get his own skin back. So really he wasn't on anyone's side either.

I guess if I had to choose it'd be Barbossa, but they're both kickass.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:54 pm
I have to say that I love Barbosa. He is witty and evil, that and Jack always gets him. Although Jones is a little...wierd. I got really hungry the first time I saw him. Later I went out and had calimari. It was delicious.  

SinginginSilence

x_kawaiiokashi

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:18 am
Chath Tiu
Barbossa, no questions asked.

The only thing Davy is good for is calamari and he's a fair organ player. He does seem just a tad whiny for being dumped. And just a tad loose in the head if he cuts out his heart so he won't feel anything ever again because some swamp witch loved and left? talk2hand

'Sides, Barbossa has cool undead monkey. Can't beat the monkey.

MONKEY! heart  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:50 pm
I like Davy--
He makes me want to laugh,
and I dunno why sweatdrop

r u m - r e g g a e

6,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Evilmon13

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:33 am
VC Verse
Chath Tiu
Barbossa, no questions asked.

The only thing Davy is good for is calamari and he's a fair organ player. He does seem just a tad whiny for being dumped. And just a tad loose in the head if he cuts out his heart so he won't feel anything ever again because some swamp witch loved and left? talk2hand

'Sides, Barbossa has cool undead monkey. Can't beat the monkey.
Where is that monkey, anyway? I WANT TO SHOOT SOMETHING!

Yeah, I know. It's supposed to be just, "Where is that monkey, I want to shoot something." ... But I was just... Shut up! Don't question me!

*shoots the monkey* heart

Aye the monkey be cool but the hat tips Barbossa to the top!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:20 am
They both are pretyt good bad guys.

Barbossa is a pirate - greedy, selfish, angry ya know piratey.
Davy Jones is just seriously peeved off, which cna be creppy. mostly when hes holding you off the deck with his claw around your neck o.O

Personaly i like Barbossa but Davy is just a little more creepy.

If Barbossa said he was gona kill me i would laugh at him because, seriosuly have you seen how much his eyes move when he tlaks? If freaken Laugh out loud funny!
Plus, yes, He has a undead monkey XD  

zombeh-tapeworm

enamabala

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:49 am
Barbossa is cool but Jones is... just better villain. biggrin All I can say.  
Welcome To The Deck Luv

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff