Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
What the hell? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:22 pm
Jette Blacque
dameonmac5918
If I do mistype, I am either:

1.) In a rush to get to class (I access the Internet through a wireless router, and sometimes run to class and check e-mail at the same time)
2.) Typing too rapidly (most common reason, as I am a very fast typer)
3.) Not controlling my left hand, which was affected by an accident years ago, and thus, everything looks like this: "this is swhen I'm tnot controlloing my hands." (This is when I'm not controlling my hands.)

On the other hand, people do need to check for mistakes before posting, but you can't find every mistake, you know. wink

I think that is why there is a "preview" button. I hardly ever post anything without previewing it first! Besides, sometimes, you get gold when you preview!

Yes...I think many of us know there is a "preview" button, but hardly any use it...such as myself.. But you do hold a good point.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:27 pm
I agree with you.

When I don't know how to spell something - I look it up. >.<

Chase Keyhole

SonarP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:36 pm
Some of us look up the spelling of a word, then mess it up EVEN though they're looking at it. ^^; I've done that quite a few times.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:23 pm
MadnessFreak
Thankyou for taking this in a good-mannered way, since not all moderators have been quite as reasonable to me (I have been suspended from UAQ for a month for sharig my views), and I'm grateful.

Anyway, as for the Skitt's law theory, I wasn't directing any form of offense towards darkrose_eve (although her message did come across none too nice), I'm just the kind of cold, sarcastic person who exploits irony.

I understand what it's like to have everyone annoyed at what you said even if you didn't mean to be offensive, because I used to do it quite a lot.

Please remember that irony and sarcasm isn't always so obvious when you're typing.

If you know that you can't type well, get spell-checking software. Firefox has a built-in spell-checking function. While it's not perfect, it'll help. It also comes in handy if you're in a hurry.  

The MoUsY spell-checker

The Shoe Pile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:41 pm
Whoops. I think I'm guilty of spelling "grammar" wrong. redface
I always get mixed up between "grammer" and "grammar" but I never notice the mistake.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:04 am
I concur.  

Trixstr BOBZ

I Am Mr Black

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:37 am
Yawn.
It's pretty sad when even a guild of supposedly literate people can't take the time to see what is right in front of their faces.
Maybe Gaia should get a spell check button up there with all of the others (B, i, U, etc.)?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:22 am
holdyourheadhigh
Yawn.
It's pretty sad when even a guild of supposedly literate people can't take the time to see what is right in front of their faces.
Maybe Gaia should get a spell check button up there with all of the others (B, i, U, etc.)?

The difference between us and the illiterate however, is that we do know how to use the english language and that we actually care. To err is human.
P.S. Spellcheck would be nice  

Bladeglory

Shy Werewolf

ChibiStarlet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:41 pm
The MoUsY spell-checker
If you know that you can't type well, get spell-checking software. Firefox has a built-in spell-checking function. While it's not perfect, it'll help. It also comes in handy if you're in a hurry.

You know, that is really the main reason I'm considering getting Firefox. I type quickly--which usually means I make a lot of stupid typos (I'm constantly getting stuck on teh, for example, because for some reason my fingers don't work right.. =) ) Spellcheck would be amazing. sweatdrop  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff