Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply SCA Guild
You might be in the SCA if.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Imzy
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:44 pm
You might be in the SCA if...

...you've ever heard anyone try to argue the 'period-ness' of Rice Krispie treats.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:48 pm
. . .people look at you strangly in history while you go on about cod pieces.

. . .your art history professor loves you because you can bring in samples of the Reniassance, medieval, and Elizabethan clothing.

. . .all of the LARP kids in the nieghborhood come to you for costuming advice.

. . .when jokingly asked to bow, you automatically drop a curtsey. (immediatley being pegged by Faire junkies as a Scadian)

. . .not only do you believe "she who dies with the most fabric wins"; you have a foot in the door for the prize. (Coincidently the whole reason I'm not allowed to buy anymore fabric whilst I live at home)  

Annalise Morwen

Arithrel
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:54 pm
*-You consider chocolate chip cookies to be a form of currency. (I dunno-is this SCA wide or more of an An Tir thing? lol)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:58 pm
. . .you know some one who spends time in "Pink Fluffy Bunny" and can get in with cookies.

. . .you have ever been in a "conquered" camp and been "married off" to placate the "evil overlords"

. . .the above gets you into interesting situations when you talk about it on the phone with the other "brides"

. . .at work, your desk looks like a shrine to [insert period you dress]  

Annalise Morwen

GaijinGuy36

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:49 pm
...after a weekend-long event, you return to mudane life and your usual reply of 'yeah' is replaced by 'aye' for about 4 days.

...for those 4 days, you keep dropping your hand to your left hip, to be sure your sword is there. And it's not. *sigh*

...a store clerk tells you how much your total is, and you ask, 'How much be that in Crowns, lad?'

...you get invited to go shopping, and your first desired stop is Look Sharp. (Or whatever local sword/knife store you can name.)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:25 pm
- after an event, when you and your household first go offsite to eat (in garb), you wonder why everyone is staring at you, and why do they dress so funny?  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Imzy
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:30 pm
littlegreengirl
- after an event, when you and your household first go offsite to eat (in garb), you wonder why everyone is staring at you, and why do they dress so funny?

Hee! Freaking the mundanes is /fun/, though!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:39 pm
- you've been to more handfastings than weddings  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

GaijinGuy36

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:21 pm
littlegreengirl
- you've been to more handfastings than weddings

Hear hear!! As a Wiccan myself, I say good form! Nothing wrong with a good handfasting. I've seen one done, and I even got to be in one...with a now ex-fiancee. That was a couple of years ago, though. Though things didn't end well, the ceremony itself was really touching, and it can mean just as much as any marriage, no matter what the law says. It's the people involved that give something like that meaning, in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:34 am
- When your house has gone to Ren Faire only to speak better and act more authentic then the proformers there, making everybody think that you work there (even children of 4; ren faire is the best time to bother the normal folk, because even though they are "ready" for it, they really arn't.)  

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Annalise Morwen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:03 am
Faeyas
- When your house has gone to Ren Faire only to speak better and act more authentic then the proformers there, making everybody think that you work there (even children of 4; ren faire is the best time to bother the normal folk, because even though they are "ready" for it, they really arn't.)
Hear Hear!!

So much fun!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:39 am
Annalise Morwen
Faeyas
Hear Hear!!

So much fun!

*giggles* Man, if I weren't of such strong moral fiber, I could have made soooooo much money, wandering around the shops at the Minnesota Rennaissance Faire in Shakopee last year, selling stuff to the mundanes who thought I worked there because I was in garb...  

Imzy
Crew

Kitty Boi Kevin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:28 pm
You might be in the SCA, if...

...People ask to take pictures with you at the post-gathering restaurant. (I felt like I was a giant Disney character; she asked the whole group to stand around her!)

...You call into a serious depression after an event or faire, and nothing except new garb or another faire will make it better.

...You get into an argument with your father about why you really need that third sword.

...You consider jousting to be a perfectly acceptable form of weekend entertainment, Superbowl be damned.
(Okay, not really...)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:53 pm
...If the highlight of your summer is receiving those new leather boots in the mail. heart whee  

Blue Eli

Beloved Bloodsucker

GaijinGuy36

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:54 am
Imzy
You might be in the SCA if...

...you've ever heard anyone try to argue the 'period-ness' of Rice Krispie treats.

Hehe, an easy argument to win. Whoever says they're not 'period' just doesn't get one. They get to stand there looking silly while everyone else munches out, going "MMmmmmmmm..." really loudly. mrgreen  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff