Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
For all the knitters out there - circular needles! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Circular Needle Set?
  KnitPicks Options
  Denise
View Results

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:29 pm
Update: I got my Denise on Tuesday, and have already finished a project on them (Cat Bordhi's Moebius cowl, in Adriafil's Stars #156).

I like them, over all. One of my connectors is a little stiff, but that's much better than loose!. And given how slippery my yarn is, I'm actually glad they're plastic and not metal. I'd drop even more stitches! sweatdrop

My only complaint is that the cords aren't size labeled that I can see, but as long as you don't forget to put them away when you're done (and don't leave them where the baby can get them redface ) there's not much of a problem.

The kit is nice and compact, but I'll probably felt a bag for them, just to have handles.

Definitely worth the money. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:36 am
How do you use circular kneedles?? I have seen them online but have no idea!! if someone has pictures of themselves using them then that would be of great help (monkey see-money do and all that, lol). I want to knit a VERY big blanket you see and I really need some very long kneedles but standard straight ones dont seem to get any longer than about 14"  

heart_for_hatori

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:45 am
Here's KnittingHelp's videos on knitting in the round.

Really, the trickiest part is the join. But if you're doing an afghan, you'll just treat the 2 points like the points of 2 straight needles. cast on, knit a row, and turn the work over. It's that simple.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:40 am
heart_for_hatori
How do you use circular kneedles?? I have seen them online but have no idea!! if someone has pictures of themselves using them then that would be of great help (monkey see-money do and all that, lol). I want to knit a VERY big blanket you see and I really need some very long kneedles but standard straight ones dont seem to get any longer than about 14"

If you're looking to knit a blanket flat, then you can just use the circs as straights and turn to work at the end of every row instead of joining and working in a tube.  

tulokyn

chezara

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:24 am
I have the kniftty knitter set right now. I am working on getting my hubbie to make me some of this awesome things though:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

They can be found for purchase here  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:23 pm
My goodness, they look quite intriging.

I use the Boye KnitMates interchangables, and haven't as yet had any problems with them coming loose. The needles and cables aren't marked for size, which I find a bit of a pain, but I just love them. I travel quite a bit, and since I can use them as circulars or straights, depending on the pattern, and it's much less hassle than carrying straight needles, or circulars of every possible needle size and cable length that I think I might fancy using while I'm away.  

Viridian Rose

heart_for_hatori

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:28 am
AriRashkae
Here's KnittingHelp's videos on knitting in the round.

Really, the trickiest part is the join. But if you're doing an afghan, you'll just treat the 2 points like the points of 2 straight needles. cast on, knit a row, and turn the work over. It's that simple.

Thanks so so much for the web addy, its solving all my little problems and wonderings!!  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:56 am
I don't even remember what kind of circular needles I have.
All I know is that they are interchangeable, they come with 4 sizes of cables and that I have about 15 different needle sizes.
I got them on sale. They were originally 60 dollars and I got it for about 35.  

Minyaagar

Eloquent Lover

8,775 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Mildred Pierce

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:08 pm
I want interchangables...but the Boye set is like-- eighty dollars. I told my mom that I want it for my birthday (which is six months away).  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:15 am
I've heard bad things about Boyes, good things about KnitPicks, and personally like Denise.

I guess the big problem is the Boyes come unscrewed too easily. Just a FYI  

AriRashkae

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas