Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Ouch. That realy hurt! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

High5MyRemix

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:50 pm
Katsup737
Well, I don't want to be annoying, because some people say I am when I correct someone on this, but it should be 'well' not 'good'. Your grammer isn't well. You should have said. Don't feel bad though! Some people are just plain rude.

I don't understand why it is "well" and not "good". I understand "I don't feel well." instead of "I don't feel good." But it doesn't make sense to me in that situation...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:12 pm
Hmm...
GRAMMAR  

MadnessFreak

Zee Zee Top

4,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:23 pm
MadnessFreak
Hmm...
GRAMMAR

Thank you.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:29 pm
Eviljinxypoo
Katsup737
Well, I don't want to be annoying, because some people say I am when I correct someone on this, but it should be 'well' not 'good'. Your grammer isn't well. You should have said. Don't feel bad though! Some people are just plain rude.

I don't understand why it is "well" and not "good". I understand "I don't feel well." instead of "I don't feel good." But it doesn't make sense to me in that situation...
I always thought you were to say "good grammar;" therefore, you would say, "Your grammar isn't good (as in good versus bad, or, you wouldn't say your grammar is "badly.")....but you don't speak well." Unless your grammar has the flu. confused  

The Lady Narcissa

SilverMaple

Sparkly Lover

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:20 am
Well, you shouldn't be offended since it came from the GD. razz  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:14 am
SilverMaple's right. Even someone as kickass as myself gets insulted there. Everyone does, even HippieChan.  

MadnessFreak

Lily-Anne-Marie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:00 pm
You are in the Grammar Guild. Obviously that person cannot recognize a good speller when they see one. Though the only problem I see is that you did not capitalize your "I" and you did not use apostrophes with your contractions, other than that, it seems fine.

Try not listening to those people in the GD, they often think they know everything and often times they know very little. So just ignore them and remember, you are in a Grammar Guild for a reason! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:38 pm
Thanks everyone! Having my grammar insulted really hurt alot. Because my dream is to be a famous writer someday.  

Starry Phoenix

BlueBlythe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:42 pm
Your grammer is a lot better then most I seen.
I don't see why people are being so prissy..>.>
And mistakes from the keyboard is often.
Especially if your hand is numb..

Famous writer?
Like Tamora Pierce?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:49 pm
Your grammar seems fine to me. I don't go in the GD much anymore. It's full of meanies.  

Spud of Magic

honeygurl318

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:00 pm
Wait..okay...I'm confused  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:56 pm
Yeah, well actualy my hero is Stephanie Meyer. I want to be able to write like her.  

Starry Phoenix

Lady Pica

Salty Wench

8,975 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:03 pm
Like people in the GD can really say anything about grammar. stare

Don't worry about it! Your grammar is fine. ^.^  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:16 pm
They're just jealous because you type way better than they do. It probably takes them two hours just to type a capital I.  

Zombielight

Astral Sun

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:20 am
You should be fine as long as you want to improve. Your grammar doesn't appear to be too shabby. It's way better than the grammar of most of Gaia.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff