Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
SHOULD THEY bring back Sailor Moon in US Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should they bring back Sailor Moon?
  yes
  no
View Results

tini_rini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:52 pm
I would love, worship, and adore the company that brought back Sailor Moon!!! Maybe re-dub it... with ALL THE episodes and not cutting out 10 because they're 'not appropriate' -.- I've already freaked and bought all the japanese versions of SM but I would love to own ALL of the Sailor Moon series in English, uncut!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:49 pm
it woyld be si extra great if they did because there are a lot of use who haven't seen every episode or even some on the seasons yet. Imagine what it would be like for those of us that haven't.  

the all-weird one

5,400 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:58 pm
America needs to get over their homophobic and edit-happy mentalities and allow for the StarS season to come over here... UNCUT! That' swhat should happen.

We REALLY need to stop turning Anime into kids shows! Sailor Moon and damn-near every other Anime was originally meant to please young adults, not little children! God-dammit, stop editing all the good stuff and giving Anime a bad name!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:03 pm
after finding out about why sailor moon was cut out of America i think they should bring it back..especially when i know other anime that had to be severely edited for tv ... however since many people who have watched that show are now grown older to liking more mature shows some may have forgotten about it or only look back as a good anime but nothing more as a childhood memory not to be brought back to their life again.  

Z O M B ii E C o N D o M

850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100

ArchAngel Seigfried

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:24 pm
I think they should, I like that old-school feel^^  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:44 pm
The reasons why they canceled Sailor Moon in America (Since everything we have we tend to change, they butchered One Piece the worst out of all the original Japanese, and Naruto...I don't like the american version.)

The Sailor Starlights are guys in human form, but are really girls that are them. They change back and forth and are considered Bi.

Sailor Uranus and Neptune are not...I repeat...NOT COUSINS! In the Manga and Japanese seasons they are in fact a couple. The first lesbian couple besides the girls in Utena (OMG, that anime scares me more then Love Love!)

The VO's in Japan, cruddy i have to admit. American, even more annoying but at least they get changed... confused

And finally...the main reason why we cannot air it no longer and more.........

The transformations...fully butt naked...no glitter. counts as not sutible for kids.

Salior Mini Moon (Chibi Moon) Dies in the final battle of the last seasons the americans showed. which majorly sucks!
So they replased her in japan with mini moon, the little form of her that shows she is still alive, but the enemy has her soul inside it too.

The final battle (dun dun dun!) Has Sailor moon fully naked too, not cencored. not even america can fix that.  

JasktheRayne

5,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Full closet 200

MaddLlama

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:24 am
Uchiha Sasuke Chan
The reasons why they canceled Sailor Moon in America (Since everything we have we tend to change, they butchered One Piece the worst out of all the original Japanese, and Naruto...I don't like the american version.)

The Sailor Starlights are guys in human form, but are really girls that are them. They change back and forth and are considered Bi.

Sailor Uranus and Neptune are not...I repeat...NOT COUSINS! In the Manga and Japanese seasons they are in fact a couple. The first lesbian couple besides the girls in Utena (OMG, that anime scares me more then Love Love!)

The VO's in Japan, cruddy i have to admit. American, even more annoying but at least they get changed... confused

And finally...the main reason why we cannot air it no longer and more.........

The transformations...fully butt naked...no glitter. counts as not sutible for kids.

Salior Mini Moon (Chibi Moon) Dies in the final battle of the last seasons the americans showed. which majorly sucks!
So they replased her in japan with mini moon, the little form of her that shows she is still alive, but the enemy has her soul inside it too.

The final battle (dun dun dun!) Has Sailor moon fully naked too, not cencored. not even america can fix that.

Or....maybe....the ratings and profit from DVDs and merchandise sucked? That seems more logical.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:50 pm
Love the show, hate the editing. The only reason I would agree to having them bring it back is because they didn't take any of it out. They could play it on Adult Swim on Cartoon Network or on AZN since you have to pay for that. No WAY could I sit through all that editing again!  

Hellenistic Wisdom

Tsukiusada

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:34 pm
i don`t think so, because now is an old anime, but sm fans never give up!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:36 pm
yes of course they should bring it back wink  

spanishprincess15

the all-weird one

5,400 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:41 pm
of course it needs to come back I don't care what station shows or how badly its edited it just needs to come back  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:27 pm
lettuce14
sailor moon got me into the whole anime genre, and without it, i don't know where i'd be (anime wise) today. i'd love if they'd bring it back, because once i really got into it, and set a time aside every day to watch it-it disappeared! which makes this fan very very sad crying

i totally agree ! sailor moon got me started on anime too heart its funny the dubbed versions have the little "sailor moon says" at the end that were cheesy but it had good morals razz besides when i have kids id love for them to get into anime the same way i did heart heart  

SevenLittleFishies

nakimushi-ookami

Interesting Shopper

4,750 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:13 am
i don't think they should b/c the american version of the anime was bad  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:53 am
yes, please. I recently watched the English version of the first series, though, and I must say...I can't believe I enjoyed it, but if they can bring it back and make it worth watching, I would love it. they could put it on adultswim if it's so inappropriate.  

muss_es_sein

Katra Agrotera

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:11 pm
I would love for them to bring it back heart  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items