Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
What is the funniest grammar mistake you've ever made? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll question?
  Poll answer.
View Results

s0prano42_x3

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:25 pm
I don't know... I make grammar mistakes a lot... but it's not so much that I make a mistake with grammar as with words.

There was this one situation where my boyfriend and I were driving and there was a sign for a business posted by the street with their phone number, and I was like "HEY LOOK! That phone number is two letters away from mine!" My meaning was that there were only two numbers that differed from mine.

Another time we were driving and I saw a fire truck, and I ended up calling it a fire hydrant. :giggles: sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:23 pm

"I have two foots."
"I eated rice for dinner"
"Did you now?" (Meant to be know)

[p o c k y `]

Doppelgaanger

7,350 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:49 pm
donutguy
In spanish class ( I did it on purpose ). Mi llamo means My name is, and it is pronounced as (me yammo) if you say mi llamo it means I lick. There was a game where you said a funny name for yourself. So I said 'Mi llamo es trenta anos chikos'

So I said I lick 13 year old girls. rofl Of course I am 13, making the blow a bit less sharp.

That actually made no sense whatsoever.

First off, it's "Me llamo."

And don't you mean you said, "Yo lamo chicas que tienen trece anos"?

'Cause what you said is, "My I call is thirty year guys."

And yes, I know I come across as a Spanish Nazi...  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:54 pm
I said, "Your curls are toeing!" once, when I was like four and going through my "I'm always under the table" phase.  

Organic Shadows

Seikonai

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:13 pm
I was upset one day in school because my great hypoallergenic earrings were starting to make my ears hurt and it annoyed me. So I turned to my friend when she asked me what was wrong and, curse my luck, the room went silent just as I said:

'My breast studs are starting to hurt'.

I had to explain that I meant 'best' before I got sent to the principals office. redface  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:34 pm
That reminds me of when George Bush (ARGH mad ) said something about the "breast choice."  

Organic Shadows

Seikonai

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:47 am
Organic Shadows
That reminds me of when George Bush (ARGH mad ) said something about the "breast choice."
At least my slip up wasn't on international television. Nor is it a recurring issue. --___--;;  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:43 pm
That's very true, and I'm glad.

I don't mean to be off-topic at all, but I saw a bumper sticker that said, "When Bush was elected, gas was $1.46."  

Organic Shadows

Lady Pica

Salty Wench

8,975 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:50 pm
If you want my best grammar mistakes, talk to me over IM without a backspace key. I tend to go dyslexic, especially as I get more and more tired, so things come out like this-

"i go ew to teh ....teh......shpo place.....um....walmart! tommoorrw?"

I was trying to ask a friend if they wanted to go with me to Walmart. It wasn't pretty.  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:45 am
Organic Shadows

Bush doesn't know the difference between the words 'hostage' and 'hostile', and that's a fact.  

MadnessFreak

Seikonai

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:27 am
MadnessFreak
Organic Shadows

Bush doesn't know the difference between the words 'hostage' and 'hostile', and that's a fact.
He makes me shudder when I listen to his speeches.....  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:22 pm
Yeah, a lot of these sound like dumb things I'd say.

But, one morning I woke up, shuffled downstairs and poured myself a bowl of Wheaties. My mom came down in a minute and asked me why I looked so wretched. And I had such a terrible headache I said...

"My brain is death."

Oh, SBA. You and your Miserable Monthly Migraine. rolleyes  

SilverBellsAbove

Doppelgaanger

7,350 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:30 pm
My brain is death. Ha!

No! Don't kill me, brain!  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:30 am
"It's uneatable."

"Don't chew with your mouth full."

I think my worst one actually consisted of a whole set of us. Our Spanish Class went to Margarita for a week before returning to St. Lucia. Around twelve of us were on the bus heading back to the school to be picked up and one of my friend's was giving a story. Somewhere in that time, she said, "I was being very unsocial." She went on and it wasn't until later did someone question, "Did you just say unsocial?"

Within the silence my friend answered, "I was confused for a second. It's insocial, isn't it?" At this point all of us, sixteen year olds and older, start questioning the fact on insocial and unsocial. I believe we finally decided that it was insocial till someone up front told us, "It's antisocial."

The bus got pretty quiet at that point before we started laughing.  

Kohy

Zrinn

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:31 pm
In like... sixth grade, I think, I forgot how to spell of. "Ov? Ove? Oph? MOM! How do you spell 'of'?" I was so embarrassed, but at least I did it in the privacy of my own home.
Then, another time, about a year ago, I was on camping trip. I had a schedule and another girl had lost hers so she asked me what activity was next.
"The white nalk."
"...What?"
"Night walk! I said night walk!"
"Okay..."

Add to that all of the times I've called people by the wrong name. And all of the times I've tried to say a word, failed horribly, then used a synonym. Or the time I said Adidas "A-did-a**."

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff