Reply ~ Main Forum ~
A topic on School shootings and causes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beatngufan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:37 pm
A lot of s**t has happened in my school, besides the usual fights, this one girl assaulted a teacher, a couple of people actually quit due to harassment, there has been at least 15 teen pregnancys, this one dude tried to get attention by crying suicide by jumping off the schools roof ( he later on laughed about it, even saying that he was trying to get attention), gang members have brung tasers to school once, and a guy filled the hallway with inching powder causing half of the school to go home due to rashes.

If there is a school that could be the next Columbine, mine probably would be it sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:42 pm
welcometomyhell
TybaltGamemaster
It never made sense to me. Geeks and gamers are some ofthe mellowist people I know. Frankly, after killing some imaginary people, I feel less like killing real ones.

It does relieve stress. After playing SIMS 2 and torturing my least favorite creations, I find I'm a little less angry than I was. Takes the frustration out of my mind, and the only people getting hurt are my poor virtual people. It's better than taking a paper mache gun, pointing it at someone and imitating gunfire. My classmates disagree, but hey, I don't have the mental fortitude for slaughter.

Or I write. Chuck Palahniuk made it work out for him.

Thompson, eh? I was wondering where I'd heard his name before- he tried to change the rating of "Bully" because of "homosexual content." Because Thompson is offended at the thought that some guys would rather kiss other guys. Pssh. The man is an utter fool.

Also, you'd think kids would be smart to not pick on the kid who has verbally and physically threatened them, but my first hour class has proved me wrong. People who get hurt nearly every day tend to hold grudges- I know because I can remember pranks people have pulled on me from many years ago, and not because I want to remember.

Or burning people on Sims 1 twisted

User Image  

Beatngufan

Laharl Part Deux

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:21 pm
Shootings and other acts of random violence are not caused by neither music, nor video games or any other media. The cause is the pressures a person faces: the torment of other people, the pressure to do "well" in school, the monotany of life itself, stress at home, stresses in personal relationships or the lack there of, and numerous amounts of other things that one encounters. Any combination of said things may make a person snap, and it is when they snap that they perform such violent acts.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:41 am
A student from my school was just expelled for threatening to bring guns to school. He was after his gym class.... that I was in.

But I know why he wanted to, and I won't say I agree with it, but the majority of our gym class was EXTREMELY mean to him, and I don't think that is right at all.

Years of getting picked on, your going to snap.

His home life was also messed up from what my friend has told me, his parents knew the kids very well. It has nothing to do with music for video games etc.  

xShe Dreams Fiction

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:43 am
welcometomyhell
Come to my school. You'll see the reason. The teachers turn blind eyes to harassment of any form. One of the students in my class has actually threatened to come to school and shoot it up. Have the teachers done anything to provide security, or to stop the bullying that's basically causing this hatred to build up?

What about the mindless kids who just don't get the fact that they're screwing with people's minds by saying and doing this pathetic s**t? Are they anymore to blame than they people who do nothing?

And do they have blood on their hands when innocent students get caught in the crossfire?

There are too many uncomfortable questions associated with school violence, so some nut-job finds a scapegoat for the mental security of the populace.

I agree with you  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:39 pm
xPinkFluffyBunnyx
A student from my school was just expelled for threatening to bring guns to school. He was after his gym class.... that I was in.

But I know why he wanted to, and I won't say I agree with it, but the majority of our gym class was EXTREMELY mean to him, and I don't think that is right at all.

His home life was also messed up from what my friend has told me, his parents knew the kids very well. It has nothing to do with music for video games etc.
You know, my friend was talking about exactly what you are saying here with her pyshcology class and she almost got kicked out of the class. Just because she understood why some of these people snap. I don't understand why they freaked out about it.  

Laharl Part Deux

xShe Dreams Fiction

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:19 pm
Laharl Part Dux
xPinkFluffyBunnyx

You know, my friend was talking about exactly what you are saying here with her pyshcology class and she almost got kicked out of the class. Just because she understood why some of these people snap. I don't understand why they freaked out about it.

It's one thing to threaten to do something drastic, but talking about it casually is quite different.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:18 pm
xPinkFluffyBunnyx
Laharl Part Dux
xPinkFluffyBunnyx

It's one thing to threaten to do something drastic, but talking about it casually is quite different.
Oh I know, what I was saying is that you observed how this kid's getting tormented lead to his snapping and my friend made a similar observation about another person. It was her observation that almost got her kicked out not any sort of threat.  

Laharl Part Deux

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:27 pm
xPinkFluffyBunnyx

I know this probably isn't the place to post this... but I'm sorry I had to

# Clearly I remember picking on the boy,
Seemed a harmless little f***

But we unleashed a lion,
Gnashed his teeth,
And bit the recess lady's breast,
How could i forget,

He hit me with a surprise left,
My jaw left hurting,
Dropped wide open,

Just like the day,
Like the day I heard,
Daddy didn't give affection,
And the boy was something mommy wouldn't wear,
King Jeremy the wicked,
Ruled his world,

Jeremy spoke in, class today,
Jeremy spoke in, class today,#

It seemed appropriate. However I would like to point out, being a victim of it on an extreme level, bullying, may cause resentment and anger, but the person has to be truly unhinged in the first place to murder people like that senselessly. As for the threats of your class mate to bring in guns, well he let them get to him seriously, at school they could do anything to me, and I wouldn't be bothered... then they would mention one of my sisters and I would snap. Believe me, for some of the stuff I nearly did, I would have been another 'senseless victim of heavy metal and violent video games' according to the media. I guess that says I'm slightly unhinged, maybe I am, but I've always had trouble with my temper, I'm just a naturally angry person.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:51 am
Laharl Part Dux
xPinkFluffyBunnyx
Laharl Part Dux
xPinkFluffyBunnyx

Oh I know, what I was saying is that you observed how this kid's getting tormented lead to his snapping and my friend made a similar observation about another person. It was her observation that almost got her kicked out not any sort of threat.

Because with all the hand-wringing and "Why did they do this?" s**t, nobody wants to know why. They only want to blame the shooter. Finding out that they were bullied pits the blame on the schools and the students.  

-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-

[brainvomit]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:23 am
Three simple words: Too much guns.
Or then, you just get those things so easily. At least here, where I live...damn, I haven't seen even a rifle for hunting down bears, and even thought they are walking our summer cottage's backyard. After all, I remeber just one single shoot out inside Europa and it's victim was just the dude, who started it. :l
I can't say nothing about what makes people snap: we have just so much different school community than in US.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff