Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Show and Tell! April 2007 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SaelensFrozenFlame

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:54 pm
i fail...i neglected to show up and check in every once in awhile...however...i too have been crafting! I have HAND SEWN a set of Roxas fingerbands(like what the character wears in Kingcom Hearts 2)...the white one is made of 100% cotton cloth, and the black one is made of black broadcloth...and I HAND SEWED elastic in the middle of the bands to keep them on my fingers easier...lemme tell you something. Elastic is best sewn onto something via machine...it's possible to hand-sew it into place...but it's a bit of a fight to get it to work right...

sadly, I don't have any pictures of the fingerbands atm, because Dad left his digital camera at work, so I can't get pics yet...but as soon as I do, I'll post them!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:24 pm
DUDE! you sowed them! o.0 you rock out loud! blaugh
I was going to cosplay him... ut I really wanted to do both the cloak and and his normal out fit... so in the end I just did Xaldin.
but back when I was thinking about doing him, I thought I would knit the band, and then knit the ring thingys so they would match. 3nodding I never thought about sowing alastic on some thing that small.  

Lee Kushrenada

SaelensFrozenFlame

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:12 pm
Lee Kushrenada
I was going to cosplay him... ut I really wanted to do both the cloak and and his normal out fit... so in the end I just did Xaldin.
but back when I was thinking about doing him, I thought I would knit the band, and then knit the ring thingys so they would match. 3nodding I never thought about sowing alastic on some thing that small.

I intend to cosplay as Roxas in about a year and a half or so...after I get back into shape and lose some weight...my biggest problem after that point will be binding my chest(I'm a girl, just FYI)...because I'm a bit "gifted"...it's possible for me to get completely flat...it just takes a lot of patience and ace bandages....>.>;;

I wanna try to find something I can use to make his wristband so badly right now...i don't have anything at home that'd work...and I doubt I'd be able to embroider the checker pattern onto broadcloth properly...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:13 pm
Kanae Shin
Lee Kushrenada

I intend to cosplay as Roxas in about a year and a half or so...after I get back into shape and lose some weight...my biggest problem after that point will be binding my chest(I'm a girl, just FYI)...because I'm a bit "gifted"...it's possible for me to get completely flat...it just takes a lot of patience and ace bandages....>.>;;

I wanna try to find something I can use to make his wristband so badly right now...i don't have anything at home that'd work...and I doubt I'd be able to embroider the checker pattern onto broadcloth properly...
I know this sounds.... overly simplistic, but... couldn't you make a fairly decent bracelet out of duct tape? Technically, you'd only need 1 roll of white and a permanent marker to make it black. sweatdrop Or you could even use Fimo Clay! 3nodding (And with Fimo clay, you could even polish it to make it shiny and professional looking!)  

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:39 pm
Kanae Shin
Lee Kushrenada

a girl... go fig. stare

any how, you could just quilt a wristband, really it would be very easy. all you would need it to cut out a bunch of little squares of black and white, and quilt them all together.
it will be easy next to making his checkerd jacket.

as for that hole "chest" thing. ...lots of binding... I have a girl friend of mine who crosplays all the time so there's lets of "that" going on. I just try not to think about it myslef. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:39 pm
Peppermint Elf
Kanae Shin
Lee Kushrenada

I know this sounds.... overly simplistic, but... couldn't you make a fairly decent bracelet out of duct tape? Technically, you'd only need 1 roll of white and a permanent marker to make it black. sweatdrop Or you could even use Fimo Clay! 3nodding (And with Fimo clay, you could even polish it to make it shiny and professional looking!)

I wanna try to avoid duct tape...mainly due to the fact that i know a lot of people on this one site would give me so much heck about having a completely awesome costume, and duct tape accessories...as for Fimo Clay...i'd rather stay away from that...

@Lee: see, this is why I'm gonna take so long doing the costume...i don't think of stuff such as quilting! *jots down wider elastic onto her list of things to get when she makes an Omaha run next time*

I'll try to get pictures soon, I promise!  

SaelensFrozenFlame

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:45 am
Kanae Shin
I wanna try to avoid duct tape...mainly due to the fact that i know a lot of people on this one site would give me so much heck about having a completely awesome costume, and duct tape accessories...as for Fimo Clay...i'd rather stay away from that...
Seriously, it still amazes me at the drama that goes on with serious cosplayers and... ninja *ahem* certain websites. My friend is hardcore into the cosplay scene and I tell you... I have never seen drama like that in my life. I swear, if they could, they would scratch each others eyeballs out. sweatdrop Scary!  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:41 pm
Peppermint Elf
Kanae Shin
Seriously, it still amazes me at the drama that goes on with serious cosplayers and... ninja *ahem* certain websites. My friend is hardcore into the cosplay scene and I tell you... I have never seen drama like that in my life. I swear, if they could, they would scratch each others eyeballs out. sweatdrop Scary!

Well, at least with certain websites, I know that if my costume has flaws that are glaringly obvious to other people, the people on those websites will point them out, and give honest feedback, without sugar-coating...

*eyes her orange ribbon for a patch on a doll's jacket that she STILL NEEDS TO MAKE* Poor Gawl's running about shirtless and is borrowing cheaply made dollar store doll clothes until I can get green fabric and brown fabric to make his jacket and pants! >.<  

SaelensFrozenFlame

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces