Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Last names for Sims? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Captain Jenocidal

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:13 am
Yeah, when I'm really desperate, I use credits from the back of DVDs, etc. I have not-so-interesting names: Thomas, Newton, Cavalier, Depp..  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:03 am
I like naming families after anime characters eg. Ayumu (Kasuga Ayumu/Osaka from Azumanga Daioh (You just knew I was going to say that!))  

Osaka In Wonderland

Rone R

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:38 pm
Menaceman
Heheh. Seems fitting with how MAXIS/EA obsess over llamas.
Yeah I know lol.  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:42 pm
I made a vilage of sims who i told my family worshiped wolves and their royal family's last name is Ookami Vivial  

Korasan_gold_dash

Princess Harmonia

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:33 am
I love picking names for my Sims; it's one of the funnest parts of planning out stories and families and such. However, while sometimes I may be creative, a lot of times, I simply pick and choose the surnames of people I know (in which case, most of the names are Hispanic in origin since I am Hispanic and live in a predominantly Hispanic community) so most of my names are names like "De la Cuesta," "Estevez," "De Guzman," "De la Rosa," and "Hernandez."  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:08 pm
I usually create something out of the back of my head. They might be normal sounding or really wierd one like "Hwryn". My sims names are usually really creative ones and I doupt I have any normal ones like John Doe or so on.  

Lilygwen

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100

sangoandmiroku799

Friendly Poster

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:12 am
I'll take the last names of people I know, and I'll mix them up.
Ex: Enriquez to Enricky.

Sometime I just use the common ones, too, like Gonzales.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:04 am
The British Osaka-san
I like naming families after anime characters eg. Ayumu (Kasuga Ayumu/Osaka from Azumanga Daioh (You just knew I was going to say that!))

Oh! I do that too! Occasionally, I'll sim characters and make families with their surnames. It's quite fun. I grow to like these kinds of sims very much. I do in fact, interetingly enough, have an Osaka sim. She's so dazed all the time and so random in conversation, I just love it! She turned out just as I wanted her to be.  

Princess Harmonia

World of dreams

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:56 am
My families last names are
Changsan
and
Vladamir

♥

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:37 pm
Chikiya
If I can't think of one I just look in the phonebook until I find one I like.

Same. I'm not very creative with names.  

carma91

Strya

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:48 pm
I just take whatever comes to mind. Sometimes I'll name them after friends (though I never use friends' full names -- I don't want to pattern my sims after friends, on the off-chance it comes up in conversation and then they want to know what their sim is like -- I just can't see that EVER coming out as a good thing).

I try to use my PC sims to marry all the Maxis sims, to eliminate all traces of the Maxis sims' names. I don't know why I do this; probably just to make the town "mine."

I also refuse to marry any of my sims to Goopy Gilscarbo, just because of his name. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:46 pm
I often use names from shows or movies that I've seen which caught my attention. Most usually, however, my sims' names are based entirely on: 1) the neighborhood theme I've created (i.e. the Shimotsuma Monogatari/Kamikaze girls themed neighborhood that I created which was a farm theme), 2) the characters that fall within that theme, and 3) whatever else I feel fits. I often will name my sims based on the ethnicity I intend for them as well. I have a lot of baby name books, and I steal last names from the news sometimes because they can be really funny.

Oh, and if I've made any sims that are people I actually know, I usually name them that instead.  

Pocket Bunny Cupcakes

Princess Harmonia

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:06 pm
ArianeBroome
I often use names from shows or movies that I've seen which caught my attention. Most usually, however, my sims' names are based entirely on: 1) the neighborhood theme I've created (i.e. the Shimotsuma Monogatari/Kamikaze girls themed neighborhood that I created which was a farm theme), 2) the characters that fall within that theme, and 3) whatever else I feel fits. I often will name my sims based on the ethnicity I intend for them as well. I have a lot of baby name books, and I steal last names from the news sometimes because they can be really funny.

Oh, and if I've made any sims that are people I actually know, I usually name them that instead.

Ah, yes! Baby book names... I also utilize those to choose unique names for my sims. The news definitely helps too though!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:01 am
I just make them up like
Peneguwa. Thats one. I love it... its so awesome. Peneguwa! blaugh
Sometimes I can't think of something so I use food or an object
Kielbasa (kinda polish sausage thingy...)

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

`R a i n b o w

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:03 am
[User Image]

i either make mine up, or i use ts2 family creator x3
    i'm lazy ;P

The Sims Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash