5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Primarily A&amp;S.
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
Some combination of these.
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Do? I just sit around and contemplate my belly-button lint.
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 20

The Abortionater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:25 pm
Almut Schwarzfaust is primarily a fighter...although I cook as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:10 pm
I cook and sew and clean and sing and ---oh, guess not just in the SCA, huh?  

magicheide

Red Zomby

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:13 am
I suppose I've been looking into being a herald, and doing some bardic.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:37 pm
Me? I sing, fight, dance, banter, barter, serve, defend the honor of ladies, and take the reigns over a horde of children when their parents need a break.  

Your Night Surgeon

Tangentia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:24 pm
Well when I'm at home I serve as Webminister for my shire. Also I embroider (mostly blackwork) and am a novice calligrapher. My next great undertaking is illumination, which may prove difficult, as I'm a poor painter. My lord is teaching me to project my voice so that I can start doing field heraldry for our local fighter practices to keep from feeling sorely out of place. I've had a fierce love of book heraldry for many many years and I'd like to take a post as a herald someday. I'm spending the winter learning sewing and garb-making; I'm going to make new court garb for my lord since he just received his AoA.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:34 pm
Well, since I'm rather new to the SCA, my skills are lacking a bit, but I'm learning. I'm learning how to hand stitch things with stitches they used in the period and am learning to adapt my cross-stitching skills to blackwork. I am also learning to knit more proficently, though I'm not really sure knitting is period?  

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

Kiddo Seanchain

Shirtless Heckler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:09 pm
I'm doing a variety of things. Heavy fighting is a big one for me - got my fighter's card at Pounce two weeks ago! - but I also do some arts and sciences. Trying to get my hands on some inks so I can do some illuminations. My mom is gonna teach me how to sew over winter break while I'm home. And I'm practicing my bardic, not singing but storytelling. I've got TONS of stories already memorized, pre-SCA, it's just refining them into something fun to listen to.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:59 am
Well, it's been a while since this thread has been first-page stuff. I just wanted to add that I've decided to keep my onterests primarily bardic, since I enjoy the filk songs far too much. Plus, I'm starting to put together money for the gear to do light fighting, since it'll be a lot easier on me than heavy...and a lot less work, as far as armor and arsenal.  

GaijinGuy36

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200

GaijinGuy36

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:00 pm
Gaijin32
Well, it's been a while since this thread has been first-page stuff. I just wanted to add that I've decided to keep my onterests primarily bardic, since I enjoy the filk songs far too much. Plus, I'm starting to put together money for the gear to do light fighting, since it'll be a lot easier on me than heavy...and a lot less work, as far as armor and arsenal.

Who else light-fights, and has any advice to offer a newbie to the rapier?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:41 pm
Let's see...I do field archery, and I waterbear for our Horde fighters.

I'm primarily interested in A&S and do several different forms of embroidery. I really enjoy doing Celtic embroidery and have a wardrobe of garb that I've embroidered. I'm also working on a reproduction of a panel from the Bayeux Tapestry. I'm trying to teach myself blackwork and Opus Anglicanum as well.

I also spin, do a bit of tablet weaving, play the harp, and sing.

-Lark-  

TN_Lark

200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

THE Great Mysterious inu

Shameless Exhibitionist

7,250 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:14 pm
I fence.... do some bardic stuff (i.e. dance and drum) I'm going to start into heavy fighting when I'm 18... And I'm the daughter of a scroll illuminator (guess where I'm going to end up eventually?)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:28 pm
I am the official waste of space. I sit at gate, sit at water bearers point, sit around the camp fire. Yep waste of space.  

Seilde

Aged Werewolf

Kiria Delusional Kitty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:51 pm
Hrm... Well, I sing (got my Rose Leaf for that), dance, make garb, do calligraphy, occasionally field herald, write the odd poem or two. I gave heavy fighting a whirl several years back, but it's not really for me.

Current projects:
AoA scroll (calligraphy)
silk cotehardie for my lord
getting my name and device submitted... stare  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:02 pm
well i am new to the sca, but what i do so far, and definately hope to do better, leatherworking, heavy fighting, sewing, and drawing if that counts...  

Eclyps Th1rt3en

Indigo Project

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:58 pm
I belong to a very service-oriented household, but I like to do A&S stuff when I can, and one day I want to try heavy fighting.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff