Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies
ever read any good books about vampires? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What are you?
  Goth
  Emo
  Cute and Nerdy
  Your Own Kind
  Other
View Results

kingpopular--

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:08 am
i don't read horror books  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:30 am
No but I heard Twilight was good.  

eddie wilko

5,750 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Asylum Renegade

Cluttered Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:22 pm
Ok two series:

one I've read and enjoy:

"Dhampir" by Barb and J.C. Hendee

one i haven't read yet but own:

"Laws of the Blood" by Susan Sizemore  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:25 am
I haven't really read much lately, but when I have the time, I might.  

ObscureEnigma

AprlFairy

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:04 pm
Anne Rice is a personal favorite of mine, but only the original vampire chronicles (Interview with the Vampire through Queen of the Damned) and Blackwood Farm. An obscure one is by Poppy Z. Brite called Lost Souls. It has a different take on the whole vampire thing. I must warn you though that it is pretty graphic and has many "adult situations." Finally, I'm really surprised that no one has mentioned the Last Vampire series by Christopher Pike. Or am I the oldest person writing here?  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:29 am
If you want something a bit before it's time (maybe before your time) try Christopher Pike's The Last Vampire series. Six books, well worth the read, written for "young adults", but it was the first "young adult" series I ever read that used offensive language and detailed sex scenes. (Pike's got a whole slew of books, he was competition for R.L. Stine back in the day.)

Also, Vampire Huntress Legends (The Hunted, The Minion, The Awakening, The Forbidden, and the Forsaken) by L.A. Banks. If you want a new twist on vampire hunters, this is it. Hunters that disguise themselves as recording/spoken word artists. Also, one of the only vamp books I've ever read with an African American main character.  

Luscara

Luscara

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:31 am
AprlFairy
Anne Rice is a personal favorite of mine, but only the original vampire chronicles (Interview with the Vampire through Queen of the Damned) and Blackwood Farm. An obscure one is by Poppy Z. Brite called Lost Souls. It has a different take on the whole vampire thing. I must warn you though that it is pretty graphic and has many "adult situations." Finally, I'm really surprised that no one has mentioned the Last Vampire series by Christopher Pike. Or am I the oldest person writing here?

God, I was starting to think I'd dreamed those books up. Didn't read your post before I put mine up.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:02 am
Everything but Meyer's Twilight is good. Haha.  

hilaire11

Queen of the Blue Twins

1,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:16 am
I personally have been a HUGE Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles reader since my teen years so I tend to lean that way, but I did also really enjoy Christopher Pike's Last Vampire series  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:54 am
D; Twilight's a disgrace to vampire books. Try Amelia Atwater Rhodes and ,or course, Anne Rice.
My favorite my Amelia is Shattered mirror. Same plot gist as Twilight (girls falls in love with vampire) except its better executed and fits better into the traditional vampire role rather than just sucking blood as the only classical element.

Sphinx of Akhenaten

Mordred_Faye

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:11 am
i havent read vampire books in a long time. i would however say that a lot of Christine Feehan's books are good. there a bit on the adult side but dark desire is a good one. the main people are not vampires but vampires are like...read it.
it twists around what you would normally think about them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:57 pm
The Vampire diaries are good ones... by L.J. Smith  

dewydrops

Emo-Gothic Temari

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:39 am
Darren shan wrote a 12 book series...the first one is Cirque Du Freak...i fell in love with those books and i'm sad that there are no more in the series...they were an excellent read though! heart heart p.s.the whole series in general is Cirque Du Freak...but the name of the first book is to!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:05 pm
Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles are amazing! She weaves different characters' owm personal stories together (focusing on her main character, the antagonist, Lestat) to make this wonderful chronology of vampirism. If you want to know more about the series or even just what order all the books should be read in just pm me. biggrin

Fallen Angel Louis

75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces