How ironic... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:37 pm
I think that the pentagram within the rosary is, regretably, more coincidence than anything else. The pattern is present primarily due to how the rosary is intended to be said, and the beads forming the pattern are simply a part of a sequence. Where a pentargam is a geometric pattern, and the beads are spaced at specific intervals, naturally the pentragram is there.

Although, me being a wet blanket aside, can you just see the smoke coming from a fundie's ears when you show them that! blaugh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:37 pm
Jameta
I've always been attached to the Rosary as a spiritual tool; for general purposes, I use a one given to me by little old catholic ladies that has blue Hail-Mary beads and pink Our-Father's. For more in-depth procedures, I have a rosary made of garnet, given to my by my Oma (interesting enough, her favorite passage in the Cannon is the psalm with, "Though I walk through the valley of death, I am not afraid for you are always with me"... or something to that effect).

The tool always radiated something, although I never really noticed the five-points in such a manner...

I'm fond of the Rosary as a concept, as well- it seems that a lot of concentration is put into that little strand of beads, so I expect it to function in an amuletic capacity in some way, at least. I've never been Catholic, but sometimes I think that if I weren't Kemetic, and Wicca didn't exist, I might chose Catholicism. At any rate, it's certainly my favorite of the Christian sects.^_^

I actually made a string of prayer beads for Kemetic usage, more or less inspired by the Rosary. It's not laid out the same way (and there are no points to connect to make pentagrams or pretty much anything else^_~), but I used to carry it with me as a kind of charm. It's basically just a simple strand of white beads, strung on white thread- I used bone and silk, because I wanted living (or at least organic) material to show the "living" nature of the principles invoked. I chose a simple design, because that's usually the way ma'at is- simple and effective. There are 42 beads, for the 42 most well-known declarations of purity, and a golden ankh at the end. As I recite the declarations, I let the beads stack up on the ankh, to represent the way these principles build up and on our lives. Here's a pic:

User Image User Image

WebenBanu

Keistera

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:32 am
That's beautiful, WebenBanu. 3nodding

I'm going to side with the "Wet Blanket" (Hehe Gypsy Blue... whee We luvs you anywaaay) and scream "Coincidence!!!" ... though, very useful for bugging people. razz Now, linking it with the 5 Wounds does make sense.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:37 am
Keistera
That's beautiful, WebenBanu. 3nodding

I'm going to side with the "Wet Blanket" (Hehe Gypsy Blue... whee We luvs you anywaaay) and scream "Coincidence!!!" ... though, very useful for bugging people. razz Now, linking it with the 5 Wounds does make sense.
It is a coincidence, though a nice coincidence. The five wounds does make sense, too, though.

And nice work, WB! 3nodding On Catholicism, it isn't that bad... you just have to generally ignore the strict orders of those in office. whee That's what my family does, anyways.  

Jameta
Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:12 pm
I don't know, if I wasn't Wiccan or pagan, I'd probably be some form of mystic Muslim. I think. Or a deist.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:52 am
I would be Buddhist or Hindu if I wasn't an Electic Pagan and didn't want to go back to the Church. The Eastern religions appeal to me. 3nodding  

Jameta
Captain

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas