Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
Flaws? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Flawless?
  Of course! It's why I love it <3
  No, it has it's flaws...but they're minor enough to still enjoy the book.
  Yes, & that's why it's so bad; good stories need complex characters & situations.
  Are you high? Ms. Meyer needs to work on her writing.
  Cookies (me: wtf.)
  Oh yeah? Muffins! (me: ohhh...that's wtf)
View Results

kiyamasho

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:24 pm
i guess i didnt really like the second book because it made Bella seem like an obsessed psycopath. and that annoyed me but since it had such a great ending it doesnt matter  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:05 pm
can you beleive her? my friend read twilight and complained that she had to read it again because she didnt see any plot and so she still cant finbd it!
plots i see:
-struggle to keep together (bella+edward)
-the whole big james victoria laurent thing (its kinda hard to miss)
-billy trying to sperate them
- i guess sorta maybe all the boys trying to get bella  

DINO-roarz

Naomi~Guardian

Aged Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:07 pm
XxfushigipinayxX
Naomi~Guardian
XxfushigipinayxX
misery chastain
honestly:
i want edward to cry
just to break down(over somthing other than his undying devotion for bella that mrs meyer can't seem to stop mentioning repetitively)
i want to see, well, his human side for a change; perfection annoys me

Tragically, he can't cry of course.
Not a vampiric reaction in Meyer standards (no fluids except the venom to cry anyway, but their tear ducts still don't work).

The closest we get to that is p453 of Twilight:
"And the angel was sobbing tearless, broken sobs."

True, can they blush? I mean I know they can bleed, can't they? If they can bleed, but not blush that's another flaw.

Nope, can't blush (or bleed) either. Their skin really can't do anything except sparkle o.0;;

But, then how come there was so much blood when James was attacking Bella? You can't tell me that's all Bella's! She should be dead if she lost that much blood! That would be another flaw.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:40 pm
Naomi~Guardian
XxfushigipinayxX
Naomi~Guardian
XxfushigipinayxX
misery chastain
honestly:
i want edward to cry
just to break down(over somthing other than his undying devotion for bella that mrs meyer can't seem to stop mentioning repetitively)

Not a vampiric reaction in Meyer standards (no fluids except the venom to cry anyway, but their tear ducts still don't work).

True, can they blush? I mean I know they can bleed, can't they? If they can bleed, but not blush that's another flaw.

Nope, can't blush (or bleed) either. Their skin really can't do anything except sparkle o.0;;

But, then how come there was so much blood when James was attacking Bella? You can't tell me that's all Bella's! She should be dead if she lost that much blood! That would be another flaw.
well the human body has more blood than a lot of people think. and if someone was bleeding it would seem like more blood to that person than someone else because its their own blood. it would probably creep them out. and then bella's got that whole bloodaphobia thing...  

kikatou

Glitterbean

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:54 am
I know of one potential flaw, but it depends on whether Jasper's special ability works on vampires. I don't think it should be able to, because if his power really works on the body instead of on the mind, it shouldn't affect vampires much because they have no blood to carry the different hormones throughout their body, which is how I think emotions work (I might be wrong though).  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:12 pm
Yeah thats one thing my firend doesn't like about Bella she thinks she isn't pretty yet all the guys wanna go out with her.

i guess the Vampires are a bit on the God-mode sde, but i guess you could also say that makes the werewolf god-moding too, and the looks thing mehg that doesn't bug me i hate the god-modeness more.

i hate this a little less then i normally do in books, normally when the girl is weak and always being saved by the guy i hate it but in this book i don't care. Compaired to Edward a nucual bomb is weak.  

Undead Honey Cake

Mewling Kitten

13,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Partygoer 500

Glitterbean

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:19 pm
i guess the Vampires are a bit on the God-mode sde, but i guess you could also say that makes the werewolf god-moding too, and the looks thing mehg that doesn't bug me i hate the god-modeness more.

i hate this a little less then i normally do in books, normally when the girl is weak and always being saved by the guy i hate it but in this book i don't care. Compaired to Edward a nucual bomb is weak.

True. Plus, it helps that Bella isn't a whiny "Come save me!" type of girl. She doesn't WANT to be the one who is saved all the time, and that's better than if she was constantly expecting Edward to come save her.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:48 am
bushy_haired_freak
I agree with Misery Chastain here. At times, a character's perfection can get on a reader's nerves. Because no one IS perfect. Almost everyone dreams of having a perfect guy, but it just doesn't come out like that. People, inhuman or not, need to have a flaw or two. And I don't think Edward's inability to find love for eighty years until Bella came along a flaw. Maybe he just wasn't trying hard enough..... I've also heard a lot from the Twilight-haters that they hate the Bella/Edward relationship because it's built basically on Edward's attractiveness and Bella's smelling good. I personally don't think the relationship is shallow anymore. I think in the beginning it was. Edward was curious about her because he couldn't read her mind. Bella was fasinated that a god like him was talking to an 'average' looking girl like her. But as the storyline progressed, and then New Moon was released, the relationship grew past that to real love. So no. I don't think their relationship is shallow.
So now it's all Twilight love here. heart

you mean...there are twilight haters?! they actually exist?! no one can hate twilight! impossible!  

featherbee

7,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Undead Honey Cake

Mewling Kitten

13,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:24 pm
Glitterbean
Saburiina-san

True. Plus, it helps that Bella isn't a whiny "Come save me!" type of girl. She doesn't WANT to be the one who is saved all the time, and that's better than if she was constantly expecting Edward to come save her.
yeha if she was i would hate her so much. but she isn't and thus i don't hate her, YAYs  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:32 am
There is always someone that hates something, Twilight included, people can just be that shallow and closed minded, though they have rights to their opinions. Stephenie and everyother book writer on the planet have flaws that can easily be overlooked and accepted as human errors. I don't have a problem with the story at ALL, but I do have a problem with her spelling. Just ONE word, that's all. I noticed that up to the end of New Moon, did she actually use "until" instead of "till" which was used in "until"'s place. I'm a spelling/english language freak (when it's not my writing XD), so it bothers me sometimes... yeah.

And one flaw that I can put in the category of human error, easily overlooked is that Stephenie makes Edward so irresistable that we, as the fans can't stop waiting for him to appear in our own school system. *guilty*  

TheOnlyFlyingLlama

missbella14

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:47 am
XxfushigipinayxX
Well aside from book overall flaws, here's a question...

Are there any actual flaws with the vampires? Personality-wise, at least.

I know Rosalie and Jasper could definitely be seen in this category, though each could of course be justified.

I think it's Edward's perfection that annoys some people. Does the guy have anything bad on him? I thought Stephenie addressed this too, but it's been a while since I've absorbed all that info @__@

I think that edwards flaw (well really it's not a flaw but hey what ever) He has anger issues and he jumps to conclusions to quickly (probable because he thinks too fast) But he is also extremely over protective. But hey wouldn't you want someone to be protective of you?...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:40 pm
kikatou
Naomi~Guardian
XxfushigipinayxX
Naomi~Guardian
XxfushigipinayxX
misery chastain
honestly:
i want edward to cry

well the human body has more blood than a lot of people think. and if someone was bleeding it would seem like more blood to that person than someone else because its their own blood. it would probably creep them out. and then bella's got that whole bloodaphobia thing...

But that's just the thing, Bella didn't know. Edward told her there was a lot of blood. But for how much blood the human body contains, I really don't know. Of course then again a lot of Bella's blood to Edward is well..... Oh well.  

Naomi~Guardian

Aged Fatcat

Glitterbean

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:37 pm
missbella14
XxfushigipinayxX
Well aside from book overall flaws, here's a question...

Are there any actual flaws with the vampires? Personality-wise, at least.

I know Rosalie and Jasper could definitely be seen in this category, though each could of course be justified.

I think it's Edward's perfection that annoys some people. Does the guy have anything bad on him? I thought Stephenie addressed this too, but it's been a while since I've absorbed all that info @__@

I think that edwards flaw (well really it's not a flaw but hey what ever) He has anger issues and he jumps to conclusions to quickly (probable because he thinks too fast) But he is also extremely over protective. But hey wouldn't you want someone to be protective of you?...

Another flaw Edward may have is that his mood changes frequently and unpredicatably. But to some people, that may just make him all the more fascinating. *raises hand*  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:59 pm
Saburiina-san
Yeah thats one thing my friend doesn't like about Bella she thinks she isn't pretty yet all the guys wanna go out with her.

It's probably because she's new and interesting. In a small town like Forks, the standard for 'Pretty' is a lot lower than in a big city like Phoenix. Plus, these guys have probably known most, if not all, of the girls since they were in diapers. That can make it pretty awkward, if your boyfriend or girlfriend remembers when you were three and threw up because you went on the merry go round too fast after lunch or something. So when Bella came to town, all the guys were probably like 'Hey! It's a pretty girl who I haven't know my whole life! Since she doesn't know my most embarrassing moments, maybe I'll have a chance!' or something like that.  

Azarni Usagi

Fifii

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:36 pm
a flaw my friend won't shut up about is that in twilight on bella's first sunny day in forks, after she opens the window they never say if she closed it, so she could have left it open, forever.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff