Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Charmed Knits - Harry Potter knitting book! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:33 pm
kochi~mochi
Peppermint Elf
I just figure if I don't like it, I'll just donate it to the library. 3nodding

Ah, to have the money to do that.....
The library loves me. I buy an insane amount of books (most of my income goes to books), but y'know... I don't have the room to store them all. So I donate them to the library and visit them from time to time. wink heart  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:28 pm
BIG NEWS!

I just found out the other day that the book was out!
I went to the store today... they hade a hole rack called "wile your waiting for Deathly Hallows". o.0
any how I got it for 16$ and its great! I love a bunch of the things in it.

though there are times when you can tell that they were just trying to fill space... like the "invisability shawl"... but most of them are really good. 3nodding

knittin mind, purling the senses... I can teach you how to crochet fame, felt glory, even put a cable in death.  

Lee Kushrenada

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:27 pm
ro-zumari-
My library is going to carry it... I can't wait to get my grubby hands on it to make something just in time for July. biggrin

The movie (which I dont want to see) comes out on my 20th B-Day, and the book comes out only 8 days after (which I"m totally getting a copy of for my b-day ^^ ).  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:07 pm
I've heard of this book! XD I seriously would love a copy - I've never knit sweaters before, but I'd seriously try to make one of Mrs. Weasley's if I had the pattern for it. I also hope that it has patterns for some of Dobby's socks. mrgreen Does anybody know when the knitting book is coming out? (I already have my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pre-ordered, so no questions about that date from me).  

Beboots

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:48 pm
its out now.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:26 am
Lee Kushrenada
BIG NEWS!

I just found out the other day that the book was out!
I went to the store today... they hade a hole rack called "wile your waiting for Deathly Hallows". o.0
any how I got it for 16$ and its great! I love a bunch of the things in it.

Are the sweaters in the book only in kid sizes? I'll probably buy it regardless, but it'd be nice to know how much work I'm going to have to do to adjust the quidditch sweater (I want to make it!) for my 5'9 frame.  

Blue-eyes-green

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:56 am
Lee Kushrenada

knittin mind, purling the senses... I can teach you how to crochet fame, felt glory, even put a cable in death.

rofl thats great.

Could you give me a count on how many adult patterns there are and how many kid patterns? Its going to be a little while before i get to go out looking for it.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:37 am
I got mine in the mail today. I'm really happy with the variety of patterns. It looks like all the sweater patterns are made for adults, but can be altered to fit children.

Only thing I'm slightly disappointed about is the sleeves of the Molly Weasley sweater. They don't look much like the movie. neutral I also bought the patterns for the Hermione Hogsmeade Hat/Mittens, as well as the Quidditch Socks, off of Atypically.Knit some time ago. sweatdrop

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:01 pm
kochi~mochi
Lee Kushrenada

rofl thats great.

Could you give me a count on how many adult patterns there are and how many kid patterns? Its going to be a little while before i get to go out looking for it.

thank you, a little quote of myown.

there are 7 paterns for sweaters-things, and the only one in childrens only is the robe...and I don't really think that one would look good on a proper sized person any ways.
most are adults only, and the weasly sweater go's from childrens small to adults XXL.
as I said there are some stupid patterns in it... but there are some really good ones.
this is coming from the guy who's about to go out to the fabric store so I can make myself and a friend hogworts robes for the midnight book release.
off the top of my head there are about 7 or so socks, 5 or 6 hats, a couple mits and other things like that.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:11 pm
WOOT!
The book sounds perfect- I admit that I'm mostly excited about the Weasly sweater- I've been looking for a good pattern since I started knitting six years ago. (And my upcoming quidditch sweater of course...)  

Blue-eyes-green

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:25 pm
Lee Kushrenada
this is coming from the guy who's about to go out to the fabric store so I can make myself and a friend hogworts robes for the midnight book release.
My friend is working the day/night of the release and the place she works has "assigned" her a house (Hufflepuff), thus being the only friend of hers who knits, I got begged to make a Hufflepuff scarf for her.

I admit, I'm not real keen on making it, so I'm just doing a flat scarf in 1x1 rib on size 11's.... and it'll be a whole lot shorter than it's supposed to be. ninja

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:26 pm
Lee Kushrenada

thank you, a little quote of myown.

there are 7 paterns for sweaters-things, and the only one in childrens only is the robe...and I don't really think that one would look good on a proper sized person any ways.
most are adults only, and the weasly sweater go's from childrens small to adults XXL.
as I said there are some stupid patterns in it... but there are some really good ones.
off the top of my head there are about 7 or so socks, 5 or 6 hats, a couple mits and other things like that.

Awesome. Thank you! I might have to see if i can invest in that... i need money. gonk

You mean you don't have them yet? I've had mine for a couple years. mad d along with spares for friends.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:27 pm
Peppermint Elf
Lee Kushrenada
My friend is working the day/night of the release and the place she works has "assigned" her a house (Hufflepuff), thus being the only friend of hers who knits, I got begged to make a Hufflepuff scarf for her.

I admit, I'm not real keen on making it, so I'm just doing a flat scarf in 1x1 rib on size 11's.... and it'll be a whole lot shorter than it's supposed to be. ninja

I use my knitting machine for house scarves. Circular, stockinette, quick and easy.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:48 am
I think I shall have to check this book out. Sounds like it could be lots of fun. biggrin

kochi~mochi
I use my knitting machine for house scarves. Circular, stockinette, quick and easy.

What's a knitting machine?  

Silver Sunrise

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:07 pm
Quote:
You mean you don't have them yet? I've had mine for a couple years. mad d along with spares for friends.

as a matter of fact, I do.
it was my first real sowing atempt.
and it would be just fine, but I got a pattern that... well lets just say I took a foot off the arms and the bottom hem, and its still large enough to sneek a family around in my robe.
plus I'm not crazy abut the fabric.
and wile I'm making another for myself, I'm going to make one for a friend of mine.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff