Submit

TheOriginalNonEmo

6,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:15 am
madwitch501
but if you know about your religions history it said that pagans and catholics lived well together in fact many churches had 2 alters one for pagans and the other of catholics, then pope innocent came along, and said it was heathenistic to be pagan and that we worshipped the devil.

I dontr watch much tv, I have had numorus catholics come up to me and say SOMTHING HATEFUL AS i SAID IN THE FIRST POST WHY DO MOST

I think you are a hipocrite, you are making a hateful judgement agaisnt Catholics. You said numerous Catholics, and yes there will always be those who cling to orthodox views, I grew up in an almost entirely catholic surrounding and i new not one hateful person, even if someone did have orthodox views they had the good sense to keep them to themselves.  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:54 am
i am something called a cathawiccan. yes it sounds crazy, but i swear it exists. that means that i worship and participate in my some of my pagan beliefs through acts/ rituals of catholacism.

its not that catholics hate wiccans. its not that they hate satanists. its not that they hate agnostics. they just may not understand your beliefs well enough to come to an educated judgement of them. people feel threatened by thigns that they dont understand.

catholics are not taught anything about outside religions aside from other forms of christianity, so it stands to reason that they wouldnt understand other religions without research on their own. very infrequintly do people go out and do extra work to understand something they think they already know about.

im sorry people have aid hateful things to you. dont judge them harshly over something that my be a simple misunderstanding, because that is the same things that allows them to say hurtful things to you.  

queenalexis999

Angel Bruja

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:10 am
queenalexis999
i am something called a cathawiccan. yes it sounds crazy, but i swear it exists. that means that i worship and participate in my some of my pagan beliefs through acts/ rituals of catholacism.

its not that catholics hate wiccans. its not that they hate satanists. its not that they hate agnostics. they just may not understand your beliefs well enough to come to an educated judgement of them. people feel threatened by thigns that they dont understand.

catholics are not taught anything about outside religions aside from other forms of christianity, so it stands to reason that they wouldnt understand other religions without research on their own. very infrequintly do people go out and do extra work to understand something they think they already know about.

im sorry people have aid hateful things to you. dont judge them harshly over something that my be a simple misunderstanding, because that is the same things that allows them to say hurtful things to you.

I'm not alone! cool I also agree with you on what you are saying. Unless people get an understanding on something, they blow things out of proportion and maintain a closed mind. To have an open mind and understand other things is the point to not being an ignorant person or a hypocrite. Not everyone believes in the same things or reads into the same context. I'm curious abut other religions and don't beleive some of what I'm told for Catholicism. I incorporate Wicca into it. It's a matter of opinion and the person, which is why everyone is different.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:27 pm
good answers all of you, you may kep posting if you want but im gone from this thread so thanks to all who posted. smile  

madwitch501

Kohanna13

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:08 am
madwitch501
Ok I do not want to have an argument in this thead all I want is to ask some questions. Ok im Wiccan and im bi sexual, my questions are these

Why are most catholics so vial and hateful to wiccans and pagans.

If being homosexual in Catholosim (sp) is wrong then why did god create us in his image.

Why spred so many hateful things about Pagans

Why did your ansectors Burn myn, or was it just because you felt threatened by us.

Now I want calm answers no fighting please

I can't speak for everyone but in my past experiences people are afraid of they don't understand. In the past if you couldn't explain how something happens (rain, why people get sick, etc) they said it was god or the devil. Luckily some people have become a lot smarter but sadly some still believe in what ignorant people say. Sorry to hear about your problems with people who don't know how to open up their minds.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:03 pm
madwitch501
Ok I do not want to have an argument in this thead all I want is to ask some questions. Ok im Wiccan and im bi sexual, my questions are these

Why are most catholics so vial and hateful to wiccans and pagans.

If being homosexual in Catholosim (sp) is wrong then why did god create us in his image.

Why spred so many hateful things about Pagans

Why did your ansectors Burn myn, or was it just because you felt threatened by us.

Now I want calm answers no fighting please

i don't know i'm just guessing on the first question because those ppl that do that grow up hateing wiccans and bis and gays because they are afride of wiccans and bis because they don't know and don't wan't to know the truth that is what my friend told me sort of because his family are really christhan and his parents don't want to know the truth.
can't answer that that question
i don't really know about the pagans
can't answer that one eather because i don't really know the answer
all i can say is i'm sort of like you because i'm bi and imight be wiccan i don't know i'm still surching for what i am. i just think that if ppl are afride of us or thretend by us i think they should learn more about other religons rather than making things up to make us feel thretened  

Bloody_Vampire_Heart666

Bloody_Vampire_Heart666

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:04 pm
if you want to talk and know more PM me and i can hook you up with my friend that know alot about this stuff  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:19 pm
Ello..i am a catholic..not a very devout(sp?) one..but a catholic none the less...so i don't know if these questions apply to me..but i shall answer anyways

Why are most catholics so vial and hateful to wiccans and pagans? i like the idea...

If being homosexual in Catholosim (sp) is wrong then why did god create us in his image? im bisexual..and i see nothing wrong with it...i support all love

Why spred so many hateful things about Pagans? i honestly only know what wiccan is..im not too clear on what a pagan is..XD

Why did your ansectors Burn myn, or was it just because you felt threatened by us? no clue

there..im pretty sure that didnt help at all...sorry  

Forever_the_child

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:22 am
kagome05ontherun
i honestly only know what wiccan is..im not too clear on what a pagan is..XD

Coming from the Latin word "paganus", meaning rustic or folk-like, the term "pagan" has many different interpretations.

Some consider the term to refer to all non-Abrahamic religions (Abrahamic religions: Christianity, Judaism, Islam); this definition is commonly accepted, though, many would consider overly broad.

The second definition, one slightly more narrow- some believe the term "pagan" to refer to any spiritual (i.e. "power of the human mind"), mystic, and/or nature-based religion.

A third definition- some consider the term to specifically describe the nature-based religions of nothern Europe and the British Isles. This definition is less common, and generally not accepted.

A fourth definition- any religion formed before Christianity. This definition is commonly used by historians, who believe the term "paganus" would refer to the traditional folk religions of pre-Christian society.

Simply put, the term is a bit hard to nail down.

Now, on to wicca. Wicca is a pagan religion (pagan under definitions one, two, and three) of the modern world. The religion has a wide array of beliefs, including a duotheistic divinity (a god and a goddess), witchcraft/magic, power of the elements, the importance of secrecy as a religion, and ritual.

The religion itself has come under fire from some other pagan groups, who believe it to be processed, corporate, or illegitimate; while the religion is based on ancient Paganism, Wicca as we know it today was developed in 1954 in England.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:05 am
I comes from Italy, but i am not into the church-things like others so i can't explain well in which way catholic people see catholicism v/s pagan and catholicism v/s homosexuality.

And my english is quite poor so I may make errors... redface

The problem about the church is that is OLD.
Now the church is quite tendre. Yes, TENDRE. I don't know in U.S.A. but in Italy is so. NOW people are allowed to make questions and starts philosofical theories, but once there were only obedience and who didn't obey would have expect a punition.

In the past the doctrine was easy: everything out of the norm were evil. And if they are not evil they are sure poor things in mistake and they need urgently to be saved.. if they wanted it or not. (and of couse in they did not want they were evil). rolleyes

And what the hell was the norm? For once-upon-a-time catholics (priests) the norm was a church in the centre of the town and all people (ignorant and not schoolarized) sitten in it (females on side, males on other) in silence listening the TRUTH (that were spoken in latin so there were not the danger that someone understanded). wink

The one who try to change was usually the rebel, the curious (how many way-to-say about curiosity which kills the cat? and curious who are doomed to hell for curiosity?), the ambigous, the out-of-the norm.. usually all people who are difficult to command. And if they are not obedient, you know, they are evil.

Church is against other religions because for the competition: chatolicism (like all the christianism and the islamis) is a aggressive religion, who try to convert new followers everywere. Other religions are the enemy, no way how many of them were diffused and where in the past. And no way the two "believings" are similar too.

Church is against homosexuality because for centuries they said: "Flesh is evil, spirit is good. Everything about flesh is dirty, everything against the flesh is good. God made us of flesh, but want us become better.. if we'll go to the paradise we'll discover we'll have not need of food, sex or sleep, because we we'll be flesh-less and sex-less, all egual. In waiting we must obey and take only the one is necessary: little food, little sleep, little sex -just for procreation. This is the only motif because God made men and women. Women are for children. Make sex just for pleasure and not for children is a needing of the flesh and so is evil." .. so it is easy to understand way homosexuality is the evil on the top of hit-parade. Homosexuality do not produce progeny. Gay people could be good father and mother, but remember: for the roots and bones of the catholicism family is not about peoples who raise and love healty children.. family is just a men (pater familias) who trains some offsprings (in the middle there is a women, somewhere, but it is not important cry ). This is the good family. (If the man is also pious, obedient and GENEROUS that would be the IDEAL family).

I don't want to say that there are people who didin't love they children in the past: exception there were ever and aver. But they were not legitimate: the force of obiedience were stronger in the past.

NOW we appreciate the diversity. Now we are all curious and all us welcome the news. We want discover and be discovered by others not for the one we MUST be but for the one we are. Flesh is not evil: flesh is only what we are made. It is not the only thing, but it is a part important and deny it is stupid and unhealty.
NOW we appreciate initiative and feelings. NOW we we want that people all around us (and us too) are happy. We don't want to wait for the Edem: we want to make it on the land. We are not afraid and we have new ideas: s so we want to know why and why and why.

The church is not changed. They have no old aswers for the new questions because it is not used to aswer at all: the church, for a very long time, has used to command and punish.

Again: i don't want to say that ALL catholic people (and priest) are like i have described. World is huge and people are a lot: exceptions are everywhere.
Christianism had made a step for good when it was made, because the world was harsher and crueler before christianism. Compassion adn hoper for a better future was not common in the past.
But the Christianism is getting old and now is crueler that the today-world.. fear adn obedience whitout questonings are not the norm. No more.

I hope I was helpful.  

Rhomera

Fluffy Bookworm

12,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:16 am
madwitch501
good answers all of you, you may kep posting if you want but im gone from this thread so thanks to all who posted. smile

Why are you leaving.... question  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces