Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Any Closet Goths here besides me? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bloody_Vampire_Heart666

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:45 pm
if you want some thing good to ware rather being a closet goth you can still dress goth /prep ware black and pink i wouldn't discribe you as goth i would discribe you as punk or a rocker if your woried about being teased on the way you dress don't worry about it it just means that they haven't mitchered yet just dress the way you feel just let your feelings come out just let your style just explode yes i am goth but i design clothes and not just for goths but for jocks , preps, emos, every one too. if you start to dress goth and ppl do make fun of you for dressing in all black you'll start to realize who your friends are.

ps just woundering how old are you and what grade are you in because if you are in middle school i can understand and ppl arn't mitchure enough but they will in high school and you'll see more ppl like youso you start to dress that way but if you are in high school ppl just need to grow up and stop being little 12 year olds all i'm trying to say is don't worry about the other kids just be your self and not who they want you to be  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:27 pm
I'm not really a closet goth, but I don't really dress truely goth, I dress more like rocker or metalhead. But yea I agree with them that you should ease into the style rather than just 'BOOM LOOKAT ME I'M GOTH!'

Although I'm not sure if that reeealy helps. neutral  

Particle Wad

xX x0mbie Xx

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:05 pm
im not in any closet haha, but i say mix the styles then ease into ful goth like mix match the pink with black and less pink adn yellow as you progresss, like one day just dye your hair and the next few weeks or so wear more black but tasetful stuff liek you can still be girly all you want and look girly all you want and still look gothy, i do it all the time but its basicaly as everyone said babysteps my dear babysteps.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:28 am
Particle Wad
I'm not really a closet goth, but I don't really dress truely goth, I dress more like rocker or metalhead. But yea I agree with them that you should ease into the style rather than just 'BOOM LOOKAT ME I'M GOTH!'

Although I'm not sure if that reeealy helps. neutral

IT does help to ease them into the style it is less of a shock if your eased into it then just up and dressing goth right off the bat...  

Devils_lilboy

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:05 pm
I agree with the idea of easing into the style. 3nodding

Maybe pick up some dressy black boots, a couple pairs of black jeans or dress pants, gothy jewellery, and some darkly coloured dress shirts and t-shirts to begin with, then slowly move into wearing whatever styles you like from there.

Another idea would be to wait for summer break. Over summer break you could start dressing gothy.  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:13 pm
Dress however you want.
If you're really afraidof people making fun of you, you might want to do it slowly instead of an overnight makeover, but...
I can understand not wanting people to ask you why you're suddenly dressing drastically differently, and calling you a poser and somesuch, but either they'll get used to it, or you'll stop minding what they say.

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:52 pm
DreamerSpirit
I agree with the idea of easing into the style. 3nodding

Maybe pick up some dressy black boots, a couple pairs of black jeans or dress pants, gothy jewellery, and some darkly coloured dress shirts and t-shirts to begin with, then slowly move into wearing whatever styles you like from there.

Another idea would be to wait for summer break. Over summer break you could start dressing gothy.

Not a good idea, waiting for summer.

Even if you spread the change slowly out over the summer, the people you hadn't seen would come to find you completely changed at the beginning of the next school year. No different than if you did it all over one day.  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:06 pm
I'm not a closet goth I've very open with it. I don't care what people think.  

HoldTheOnion

Blossom Goth

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:01 pm
[~H-a-M-t-A-r-O~]
Mizer Manakins
Not a closet goth, but if you want to ease OUT of the pink, you could start just by wearing more subdued tones. Baby steps are always easier. Just figure a way to slide out of one fashion to one you would like to wear.

I don't really need to ease out of it.
I threw myself into preppy style in hopes of making an all-right impression at school when I transfered.
(I was new so I didn't want to stick out too much.)
My Mom's managed to chuck out all my goth clothes from 7th and 8th grade so I have to start all over.
Ohh, so you've got the overprotective mom type. Mine acts like that on occasion. xp

Anyway, what you should do is slowly "convert". Start going from light pink shirts, to dark pink shirts, to red shirts, to dark red shirts.

Then, change your jeans from blue to black, and wear a black jacket. The black jeans, jacket, and darker shirt [but not black] will certainly make you look a whole lot less preppy, but not TOO goth too suddenly scare the crap out of your mom or anything, so she'd end up throwing your stuff out.

Silver jewelry is a MUST. You can start out with a little silver necklace, and then eventually, wear bigger ones, and then even bigger ones, and then even bigger than even bigger ones...

About makeup...dark eyeshadow is a must too. Or if you don't wear any eyeshadow now, at least start wearing SOME eyeshadow. Then eventually buy darker eyeshadow, and then even darker eyeshadow, and then even darker than darker eyeshadow...

The thing is that you want to SLOWLY change from prep to goth, so that it's hard for everyone around you to notice, and get all up in your face about it.

And I think you should start changing your style NOW. I mean, what is there to wait for?

3nodding

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:05 pm
Blossom Goth
[~H-a-M-t-A-r-O~]
Mizer Manakins
Not a closet goth, but if you want to ease OUT of the pink, you could start just by wearing more subdued tones. Baby steps are always easier. Just figure a way to slide out of one fashion to one you would like to wear.

I threw myself into preppy style in hopes of making an all-right impression at school when I transfered.
My Mom's managed to chuck out all my goth clothes from 7th and 8th grade so I have to start all over.
Ohh, so you've got the overprotective mom type. Mine acts like that on occasion. xp

Anyway, what you should do is slowly "convert". Start going from light pink shirts, to dark pink shirts, to red shirts, to dark red shirts.

Then, change your jeans from blue to black, and wear a black jacket. The black jeans, jacket, and darker shirt [but not black] will certainly make you look a whole lot less preppy, but not TOO goth too suddenly scare the crap out of your mom or anything, so she'd end up throwing your stuff out.

Silver jewelry is a MUST. You can start out with a little silver necklace, and then eventually, wear bigger ones, and then even bigger ones, and then even bigger than even bigger ones...

About makeup...dark eyeshadow is a must too. Or if you don't wear any eyeshadow now, at least start wearing SOME eyeshadow. Then eventually buy darker eyeshadow, and then even darker eyeshadow, and then even darker than darker eyeshadow...

The thing is that you want to SLOWLY change from prep to goth, so that it's hard for everyone around you to notice, and get all up in your face about it.

And I think you should start changing your style NOW. I mean, what is there to wait for?

3nodding

After all, it won't be long until summer...  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Blossom Goth

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:20 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
Blossom Goth
[~H-a-M-t-A-r-O~]
Mizer Manakins

3nodding

After all, it won't be long until summer...
Yeah. You don't want to wait until summer starts to change your clothing style. Because people at your school who wouldn't see you until the next year would be totally shocked.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:49 pm
GilAskan
Not particularly, for me.

Also, as a suggestion:

If you ever decide you'd like to dress in a more "goth-y" way, do it gradually. Don't just show up to school one day in all black with panda paint and a grimace. Start wearing darker colors gradually. Move from pink to magenta, to maroon, to crimson. From preppy to upper-class to classy-goth. Et' cetera.

If you make the change too abrupt- and "abrupt" can even mean over the course of a few weeks- people will only focus on the act of the change itself, not its meaning or validity.

This is pretty much the advice I give to everyone, because it happens to be some very good advice.

I knew this girl like you once, one day she came to school all punked out and everyone started calling her a posuer and making her life hell. It was almost graduation so time around those people was relitivley short though....ahh I suppose the burnt hand teaches best, and you can learn from the mistakes of others...  

Henneth Annun
Captain

MediaclCunt

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:35 pm
Not a closet Goth,but, my ex is a closet Emo.  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:16 pm
you don't need to dress goth to be goth...and hell..this just proves that stereotypes are bullshit!  

Forever_the_child

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces