The_Naked_Archeologist

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:20 pm
Recyclable Raccoon
_BeautifuloDay_
Recyclable Raccoon
_BeautifuloDay_
Recyclable Raccoon
_BeautifuloDay_

To the religious, such happenings are called, "Miracles".

To the rest of the world, they are known as "Coincidences". wink

There's no such thing as a coincidence. Or luck.

<.<;

Strangely enough, I seem to switch between the impression that there are no coincidences, to the belief that there are coincidences and that everything is just a coincidence.

It's rather odd. I contradict myself too often.
xd
Dontcha just love when that happens and then people are all like, "Ermmm, but you just said, and then yesterday, and last week, but.. whaaaa?!"
Oh, yeah, back to my point. Everything happens for a reason, right? So it's not a question of chance or luck or coincidance or anything. It just IS.
If that makes any sense.. I suck at explaining stuff... Just ask my teachers. >.<;;

I see what you're saying, though.

Though I don't believe that everything is predetermined, (As with Fate.) I don't believe that anything is a coincidence either. Because things can only turn out ONE WAY, because each moment only happens once. So everything is bound to happen, whether or not it makes any sense at all. For example, if an anvil were to suddenly materialize out of thin air and hit your car, it was bound to happen, because that moment only would have happened once, as well as all the ones before it, and you made your choices exactly the same as you would have if you had ever had to redo the situation again under the same circumstances not knowing the outcome. You were bound to make the decision to run to the store to get groceries, and because you were bound to making that decision, the consequence was boung to happen, --meaning that your car just got hit with an anvil.

Thus, either everything is a coincidence, or nothing is.

=D

I love philosophy. <3

xd
Nice example.
And yeah, since therefore everything or nothing is conicidence, doesn't it make more sense that nothing is? Cuz if everything is, it kind of doesn't seem like coincidence anymore. To me, anyway... sweatdrop
I love psychology.
(Not like that has anything to do with this, really. But I do. 0.o;; )

True. If everything was a coincidence, then it wouldn't be a coincidence anymore because, (TADA!) everything is a coincidence and coincidences are simply by a small, lucky chance. It wouldn't be a small chance then, would it?

But if nothing was a coincidence, then wouldn't it just be a coincidence that nothing is a coincidence?

I just confused myself. gonk  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 3:50 pm
Recyclable Raccoon
_BeautifuloDay_
Doung-Young
Alienblackdragon
Well have you seen one?

yes on me I was in a really bad accident I was going to have my foot taken off but God heald it and... I still have my foot 3nodding

To the religious, such happenings are called, "Miracles".

To the rest of the world, they are known as "Coincidences". wink

There's no such thing as a coincidence. Or luck.

I can totaly agree with that  

Doung-Young

Recyclable Raccoon

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:45 pm
_BeautifuloDay_
Recyclable Raccoon
_BeautifuloDay_
Recyclable Raccoon
_BeautifuloDay_

<.<;

Strangely enough, I seem to switch between the impression that there are no coincidences, to the belief that there are coincidences and that everything is just a coincidence.

xd
Dontcha just love when that happens and then people are all like, "Ermmm, but you just said, and then yesterday, and last week, but.. whaaaa?!"
Oh, yeah, back to my point. Everything happens for a reason, right? So it's not a question of chance or luck or coincidance or anything. It just IS.
If that makes any sense.. I suck at explaining stuff... Just ask my teachers. >.<;;

Though I don't believe that everything is predetermined, (As with Fate.) I don't believe that anything is a coincidence either. Because things can only turn out ONE WAY, because each moment only happens once. So everything is bound to happen, whether or not it makes any sense at all. For example, if an anvil were to suddenly materialize out of thin air and hit your car, it was bound to happen, because that moment only would have happened once, as well as all the ones before it, and you made your choices exactly the same as you would have if you had ever had to redo the situation again under the same circumstances not knowing the outcome. You were bound to make the decision to run to the store to get groceries, and because you were bound to making that decision, the consequence was boung to happen, --meaning that your car just got hit with an anvil.

=D

I love philosophy. <3

xd
Nice example.
And yeah, since therefore everything or nothing is conicidence, doesn't it make more sense that nothing is? Cuz if everything is, it kind of doesn't seem like coincidence anymore. To me, anyway... sweatdrop
I love psychology.

True. If everything was a coincidence, then it wouldn't be a coincidence anymore because, (TADA!) everything is a coincidence and coincidences are simply by a small, lucky chance. It wouldn't be a small chance then, would it?

But if nothing was a coincidence, then wouldn't it just be a coincidence that nothing is a coincidence?

xd
No. It just wouldn't be. >.>
Okay, I know I have the explanation in my head, but my brain isn't telling me what it is. 0.o;;
Bad brain! mad

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:23 pm
Recyclable Raccoon
_BeautifuloDay_
Recyclable Raccoon
_BeautifuloDay_
Recyclable Raccoon
_BeautifuloDay_

<.<;

xd

=D

I love philosophy. <3

xd
Nice example.
I love psychology.

xd
No. It just wouldn't be. >.>
Okay, I know I have the explanation in my head, but my brain isn't telling me what it is. 0.o;;
Bad brain! mad

xD
Brains are just created to thwart humanity's evil plan to take over the world. scream They make us forget things. crying

But I suppose it would all boil down to whether or not one believes in fate or free will. <.<

Free will sounds nice, but fate sounds nice too. With Free Will i'd actually have to work hards to make something of myself. With fate, I could just say, "Well, it was meant to be! =D".

I believe in a bit of both, really.  

The_Naked_Archeologist

Pride The Greatest Sin
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:59 pm
I dont have that much faith in religion anymore true it can be a crutch but to many times it has been distorted to serve the purpose of violence and their have been to many wars and persecutions despite whatever the religions peace loving idol said its to easily distorted to serve one persons or one religions purpose

But my biggest problem with christianity is

Jesus was jewish christians are not jewish yet they worship jesus a jew not a christian and in the past christians have blamed jews for surrendering jesus to the romans yet why should they care it was jews giving up another jew to pagans no where are there christians in that equation and people who hate jews because they gave up jesus should really be thanking him because if the hadnt then he would not have died on the cross for their sins maybe its just me but it kinda seems stupid to blame them or harbour anger towards them for it

Christians worshipping a Jew shouldnt that make their religion judaism?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:40 am
Ya know i just wanna say you don't have to B all
religious or and pretend to act like a saint people
need to understand that Jesus provided the way out
4 humanity to forgive us of our sins! I know a
bible verse and i will never 4get it! it goes like this....
Jesus said "I am the way the truth and the life and
no man can come into the FATHER except through me
People in this world have commited so much sin that
we would parish in front of the Eyes of the Lord our God
All people need to do is Except Jesus into our hearts!
heart  

Hoshi88

Hoshi88

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:42 am
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:52 am
A thank you will never Repay what Jesus did
4 everyone in this world! Gods Only B-gotten
son died to forgive us from our sins. he suffered
so much it's 100x's worse then what people have
seen in the movie "The Passion of The CHRIST"!!!!
Now people have the choise of following Jesus (which everyone should do)
or follow the Devils trickful and sinful ways in the
eys of the Lord our GOD. Those who follow Jesus's way
and except him into their hearts.....will have eternal everlasting life
Celebrating and and Enjoying their time in Paradise (the waiting place for Hevan)....Those who follow the devil's way will live
a life of sin dis-obeying Gods Law and the will have an Eternal life
of great pain and suffering (that is undiscribable), in Athas (the waiting place for Hell) AND trust me this is NOT a joke my dear friends wat
i am saying is true! i have a BLESSED church!

Hoshi88

four o-clock

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:32 pm
The GreatSalazarSlytherin

But my biggest problem with christianity is

Jesus was jewish christians are not jewish yet they worship jesus a jew not a christian and in the past christians have blamed jews for surrendering jesus to the romans yet why should they care it was jews giving up another jew to pagans no where are there christians in that equation and people who hate jews because they gave up jesus should really be thanking him because if the hadnt then he would not have died on the cross for their sins maybe its just me but it kinda seems stupid to blame them or harbour anger towards them for it

Christians worshipping a Jew shouldnt that make their religion judaism?

The stories in the Old Testament are about God and his "interactions" with men and follows a lot of the family of Abraham. One of his descendants was Jacob. Jacob was the one with the 12 children, one of whom was Joseph (coat of many colors, etc). The Bible tells us that God gave Jacob the name of Israel, and his children were called the Children of Israel, and also called Hebrew by the Egyptians. The Bible continues with the story of Moses, finally getting to the Promised Land and setting down a bunch of rules and such.

There is more, of course, but I'm following the Jewish part.
Time passes, and there are some prophesies.
Much more time passes and we get to the New Testament.

The New Testament starts off with the story of the birth of Jesus, a descendant of the Jews. The Bible (I'm skipping again) tells of his short life and his message. Upon his death and resurrection, a new Promise is said to have been made to the men (and women of course) on earth.

---

The people who follow the Jewish religion today (as I understand it) do not believe that the prophecies in the Old Testament have yet been fulfilled. They hold themselves to the old commitments and laws.

The people who follow the Christian religion on the other hand believe that Jesus (Christ) fulfilled the prophecies and they attempt to follow the new rules and information provided in the New Testament.

I have never heard of a Christian "hating" the Jews nor blaming them for Christ's death. The Bible, and perhaps secular history books, tell that there were Jewish people there and how it all went down. I think you are right in stating that it had to happen that way to result in His death and subsequent resurrection. And "hating" is a no-no for the strict Christian, lol.

four o-clock  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:07 pm
christianity as a religion is ok but the followers often bend the bible to say things about people and if they dont like something about someone then they also use the bible as an excuse  

Nick_H_2024

#18- Shove 65 lobsters up my hole

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces