Submit

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:10 pm
I'm now interested in who R.A.B is...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:22 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
I'm now interested in who R.A.B is...

I'm thinking it's Regulus Black. You know, because he tried to duck out of Voldemort's cult of Death Eaters...  

Kabuki Doll

Shani05

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:49 pm
I bought my Harry Potter book at 12 on Saturday and finished it at 6am on Sunday. xd I cried through the last three chapters crying crying , but I absolutly LOVED it!!!!!!!!!!!!! heart heart heart 3nodding heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:00 pm
And I'm wondering if my theory about

INSERT SPOILER IN WHITE TEXT

Snape is true. That he's actually good, but was bound by the Vow to kill Dumbledore. Dumbledore knew this, and acknowledged the fact that defeating Voldemort was more important than him staying alive. he wanted Snape to kill him. Just look at the part where it happens. When has Dumbledore ever pleaded for mercy?

whee  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:14 pm
Nihilistic Seraph

Snape is true. That he's actually good, but was bound by the Vow to kill Dumbledore. Dumbledore knew this, and acknowledged the fact that defeating Voldemort was more important than him staying alive. he wanted Snape to kill him. Just look at the part where it happens. When has Dumbledore ever pleaded for mercy?

whee
Blah, blah, now I know what the big hub-bub is about... although I kinda' guessed who'd kick the bucket this time after flipping through. No biggie. I'm about 100 or so pages from being done. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:58 pm
Nihilistic Seraph

Wow, what a great way to discuss this stuff without giving it away to others...

*Marvels at the innovation* o.o  

WebenBanu

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:15 pm
I stole it from someone in a spam guild talking about Harry Potter xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:03 am
The Wallaby
Ha, she does seem to over use descriptions-

... My Gods, I hope she isn't as bad as... ah... Anne Rice. OMGs. >.<

I tried to read a HP book, found it too juvenile, and haven't looked back. I just can't appreciate them. I read the occasional DragonLance book, Robert J. Sawyer's stuff, but I don't read a lot of fiction. :/  

Keistera

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:16 am
Keistera
The Wallaby
Ha, she does seem to over use descriptions-

... My Gods, I hope she isn't as bad as... ah... Anne Rice. OMGs. >.<

I tried to read a HP book, found it too juvenile, and haven't looked back. I just can't appreciate them. I read the occasional DragonLance book, Robert J. Sawyer's stuff, but I don't read a lot of fiction. :/
Understandable. I found the last book a goof break from the essay collection I was reading.

Another, not-so-well known series is called the Chronicles of Merlin, I believe. Obviously, the story is about a young Merlin growing up; much more mature than the Harry Potter series.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:14 am
Ooh, does this mean I get to refer books?

Marion Zimmer Bradley. I higly suggest the clinfire trilogy, and her modern occult books. (they all have the word light in the title)

Somtow Sucharitkul. The Chronicles of the High Inquest. Very good.

Tanith Lee. The Secret Books of Paradys.

Neil Gaiman. Any of his books, and The Sandman graphic novels

Stephen Donaldson. The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever. Be warned, very dark, and can be nasty. Main character is a leper.

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:23 pm
Nihilistic Seraph

whee

One of my closest friends shares that exact theory, and he's been right about nearly everything that's happened in the series so far. He's also fairly sure R.A.B is Regulus Black, and I do have to agree with him. For my part, I believe that Snape is a back stabbing c**kbite rather than the team killing f**ktard (ah, Red vs Blue, how you've extended my vocabulary) my friend thinks he is. I'm enjoying the horrible things I keep imagining doing to him. Like hanging him by his ankles and giving him a slash with sempasectum for every one of his transgressions.

As for Rowling's writing style, I've always very much enjoyed it. It's very simplistic, and she can get a bit repetative in her descriptions, but the books are intended for children, therefore she does have to write at a level that isn't going to go completely over their heads. I find that her writing is very engaging: It takes you in at the very beginning and places you in the middle of the action. You can see smell, taste and feel everything that the characters do, and I like that tactile writing style. It almost reminds me of Tolkein, although faster paced and not concerning Hobbits. 4laugh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:57 pm
Gypsy Blue
Nihilistic Seraph

whee

One of my closest friends shares that exact theory, and he's been right about nearly everything that's happened in the series so far. He's also fairly sure R.A.B is Regulus Black, and I do have to agree with him. For my part, I believe that Snape is a back stabbing c**kbite rather than the team killing f**ktard (ah, Red vs Blue, how you've extended my vocabulary) my friend thinks he is. I'm enjoying the horrible things I keep imagining doing to him. Like hanging him by his ankles and giving him a slash with sempasectum for every one of his transgressions.

As for Rowling's writing style, I've always very much enjoyed it. It's very simplistic, and she can get a bit repetative in her descriptions, but the books are intended for children, therefore she does have to write at a level that isn't going to go completely over their heads. I find that her writing is very engaging: It takes you in at the very beginning and places you in the middle of the action. You can see smell, taste and feel everything that the characters do, and I like that tactile writing style. It almost reminds me of Tolkein, although faster paced and not concerning Hobbits. 4laugh
I highly doubt it's Regulus Black. He didn't want to kill people, but I don't think he would have gone straight up against Voldemort. Volemort killed him anyway.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:36 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
I highly doubt it's Regulus Black. He didn't want to kill people, but I don't think he would have gone straight up against Voldemort. Volemort killed him anyway.

He seems the most likely, IMO. He wanted to leave the Deather Eaters, and he knew he was going to die any, so why wouldn't he try to screw over Voldemort in the process? That would be more a reason for the big guy to get involved rather than sending a minion to do the dirty work for him. Plus, his initials conveniently match. blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:08 pm
Gypsy Blue
Nihilistic Seraph

He seems the most likely, IMO. He wanted to leave the Deather Eaters, and he knew he was going to die any, so why wouldn't he try to screw over Voldemort in the process? That would be more a reason for the big guy to get involved rather than sending a minion to do the dirty work for him. Plus, his initials conveniently match. blaugh
They do, but I remember Regulus being described as a weakling, not someone who would decide "you know what, I'm rebelling, might as well go all out and kill the most powerful wizard there ever was. And find out his ultimate secret in the process".  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:40 am
Some people may surprise you in the end. Remeber that the ones describing him in OotP weren't his biggest fans. Of course they're bound to criticise him, and I highly doubt he'd have told anyone, even Sirius, what he was up to to change the perception. I'm fully willing to admit that I'm wrong, though. I just remember him being described as a fairly important Death Eater until, for some reason never mentioned, he betrayed them and was killed.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff