Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Role Playing IC and OOC
Basics of Roleplaying! [Updated 5/20. Please read.] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

New to RPing?
Yes, but I want to learn!
39%
 39%  [ 101 ]
Eh...I've done a few...I could use some help though.
24%
 24%  [ 64 ]
Pfft. Of course not! I do it all the time, yo!
28%
 28%  [ 73 ]
Poll whore option. <.<
7%
 7%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 257

Anochaa
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:22 pm
Halley reaches into her pocket and pulls out a collapsible pool cleaning net...thing. She hasn't the foggiest idea of what they're actually called, but extends it to its longest reach and scoops Aaron out of the ocean the same way one would scoop dead leaves out of their pool. "Can't have you contaminating my fishies!!" she says with a wink.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:14 pm
"Who said that?" he exclaimed, looking around, the chair still stuck to his head. "Is it you, God?"  

Repressed Memories

Sweetgins Destiny

5,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:15 am
Domo feeds the fishies.

"I like fishies!"

plunk plunk pirate  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:11 pm
I'm glad somebody clarified all of this for the guild. Hopefully it will lessen some of the stress and annoyance.

BUCK3T

AnonymousChild54

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:17 am
thanks again!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:13 am
You two are smart to put up this. wink Hopefully, it will be read by many and help reduce the great amount of confusion.

Star of Welkin

3,700 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

aries412

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:31 pm
now you can role play as anything, then i can be a evil communist dictator that constantly tries to take over the univerce now i can compare the commi thing to me now but is it fine just to have a few things that are real just to burst ideas and they wont be lying right *drives off in a t-62*поражения comrads fare well comrads!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:27 pm
I just thought of another Roleplaying term that should probably be added.

Metagaming- It is when a person acts as though your character is you. This can sometimes to be a good thing if they know you. Which is why this often isn't mentioned. But there is a flip side to Metagaming. See if someone doesn't really like you they will take it out on your character. Metagaming is a bad idea because it takes some of the realism out of the story. You should only react to a person as your character knows them and not how you know them.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

Krusadin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:55 pm
Repressed Memories
"Who said that?" he exclaimed, looking around, the chair still stuck to his head. "Is it you, God?"

"No, I didn't say that..."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:19 pm
*gos over o ocean ede with my long black hair flowing in the wind*thank you all who put this up i am now free of confusion and stress i thank you *beands down to knees and strts to priase the poeple who put it up*  

Kizumi_the_revenger

Bellabie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:15 pm
I have a few questions (is this the right place?) about this forum and RPing in general.
- Where will it be stated whether a thread is literate or otherwise?
- How early on must one join a thread to participate?
- Where is the bio and character information posted? In the thread?
- Must all RPs have magic or be fighting?

Sorry, and thank you!
b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:55 am
I am very amused with your examples, but the god stuff does need to stop. that is a great bit of information. I've had 1 of the rarest on there happen in one of my old rp's.  

Hakra~ Vampire of Death

LadieRaven

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:20 pm
i have some questions too. i hope this is the right place to post them. and that not too many people will think im a complete idiot!

joining an RP scares me because ususally the ones that appeal most to me have been started so long ago that i have missed half the story and don't know whether every one will be annoyed if i just start and that i won't know what to put because i don't know all of what is going on.

what can i do? what should i do?
please help!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:41 pm
Bellabie
I have a few questions (is this the right place?) about this forum and RPing in general.
- Where will it be stated whether a thread is literate or otherwise?
- How early on must one join a thread to participate?
- Where is the bio and character information posted? In the thread?
- Must all RPs have magic or be fighting?

Sorry, and thank you!
b

-Usually in the beginning of the thread, if it isn't stated, assume that it's free literacy. All kinds of posts are allowed.
-You can join a thread any time if it isn't stated otherwise
-There are special sign up pages, in some cases you have pm the maker of the thread. He/she will edit you in their first post. If this isn't specified, post your profile into the thread.
-No. Rp can be basically anything. Even poking other people....  

Krusadin

Bellabie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:44 pm
Thank you very much, Krusadin.
heart
Also, (sorry) can anyone begin a role play if they'd like to?  
Role Playing IC and OOC

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff