Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Question, when you started Knitting... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Answer?
  all the time
  sometimes
  no, not to me
View Results

AngwyMallard

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:25 pm
No such attention span for me. I often have several different crafts and works on needles/hook to satisfy my needs for variety and challenge.  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:54 pm
I'm a cozy anything addict. Cell phones,psp, teapots........... Someone help me plz crying crying crying crying  

AccentualWolf

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:27 pm
Depends on what mood I'm in.

Right now I'm in the "must use up some of my stash" mood so I'm knitting whatever fits the yarn I have. Other times I get on kicks. I had a sock kick awhile back.  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:07 am
I've had something of the same happen, myself, but mostly it was techniques rather than items. Like, I started out with basic stitches, then knitting in the round (which led to hats), then short rows and cabling (which led to socks, oddly enough), then lace (which led to shawls).  

Zahra Ovaci

Hotaru Tobutakai

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:29 pm
I'm such a mad lace knitter. I looove it. And hey, a touch of class!  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:38 pm
my ADD wont allow for it, right now i'm working on (crochet) a baby blanket, an amiguirumi dragon, a skirt and eyeing up a sock pattern.

and knitting a scarf...  

caffinated_tulip

fh-gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:59 pm
I definantly know what your talking about. I am hooked on Booties/Slippers. I have an easy pattern and depending on the size I can crank (knit) 1 to 2 pairs out a day. I did do a really nice scarf but somehow I got sucked back into slippers.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:03 pm
I enjoy crocheting. Unfortunately I started Martha going home poncho, I'm almost finished. I got tired of doing it and put it aside a year ago. I did just complete a people cozy. I only have to weave in the ends.  

Little Skana

Flip-Flopper

44,900 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Task Accomplished 100

Safiya_Ai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:27 pm
I'm addicted to scarfs, I'm a bit scared to take on anything else. I'm currently knitting baby blocks for a friend, it seems to be going well...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:46 pm
Yes! I so have that problem! the thing is that l finish one scarf, and must start another. when I finish one pair of gloves, I start another pair. ect. so at any given time I have 5 or so projects going on, and I can't seem to narrow that number down... at least I have a wide choice of projects to work on at any time.

Aki Yasu

Kanhoro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:07 am
i usually try to use up what i have and find a good pattern and adjust if necessary. i usually stick to simple things like scarves, ponchos, and such not really alot onto the sock yet bc i dont really like shaping...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:22 am
I'm obsessed with those one-stitch 3 day scarves.

Great Aunt Gertrude

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:45 pm
I have decided that after much holiday knitting that I like knitting hats and loathe knitting socks.

The socks, they hate me >.<  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:47 am
I'm really bad at finishing, actually. I've been knitting for several years, I can knit in the round, do lace, cables, intarsia, et cetera, but I've only ever finished one project.

I think I'm addicted to yarn and beginning to knit things, maybe that's it. If I finished things, I'd be addicted to hats!

I'm away from all my knitting stuff right now, though. I can't wait to get home then maybe I'll actually finish something.  

Demke

Manda_Panda_Bear

Interesting Friend

10,050 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:19 pm
ladyleprechaun13
I don't have the attention span to get addicted to something. I'm usually working on 5-10 projects at once.
I am the same way. Plus being the procrastinator I am, It takes me too long to finish a project.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff