Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
AAARRRGGG! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ever happen to you?
  Yeah
  No
View Results

Hotaru Tobutakai

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:51 pm
Let me tell you, it's not the yarn, it's trying to knit from the center of a ball. It just comes from it being a bit tense in the center. Just pull from the yarn-ball end, it'll unravel the 'yarn-barf'. wink  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:56 pm
kochi~mochi
Silver Mist
kochi~mochi
I love caron Simply Soft. its not great quality, but it feels better then red heart super saver.... red heart soft feels good too.

I concur. Its great for huge projects, like blankets. ^^ *pokes her caron simply soft granny square blanket, en progress*

*strokes her hufflepuff scarf, and the scarf she's currently making for her girlfriend* I like it for anything thats going to get used often, esspecially if its by a non-fiber-snob, since they don't know the difference between acrylic and alpaca, except one's softer then the other. xp The best thing about it is that it's inexpensive.

A couple beginer knitter/crocheters have complained about it splitting, though...

Well, acrylic is not as insulating as alpaca either. It holds moisture to the skin but not warmth (aka doesn't breathe). For a scarf in an area where it doesn't get as cold, that's probably not as much of an issue but where I live, I would love a scarf or hat made of a natural fiber where it's insulating and breathes.

Have you looked over KnitPicks.com? The stuff is reasonably priced and S&H isn't too terrible. smile  

Hotaru Tobutakai

faeriebell

Eloquent Conversationalist

15,975 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:33 pm
That's happened to me a lot. I hate having to muddle through horrible yarn tangles. You just need a bunch of patience and extra time on your hands. xD  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:09 pm
Well, I finished working on it. But after a while it tightened somehow (and i was very gental) I ended up throwing it away. It was just cheap Red Heart anyways. So I'm just doing a bunch of small projects to use it up. sweatdrop  

nax is back

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:03 pm
My Dad still doesn't understand that I roll up my yarn into balls because I want to get rid of those tangles before I start crocheting or knitting. I love him but he's asked me "Why do you roll it up first?" about fifty times...  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:34 pm
I think balls of yarn all come with little invisible cats packaged inside of them; and those cats sleep 98% of the time. It's only when it's realy important for you to knit quietly (like when I bring my knitting to a movie theatre) do the cats wake up and start tangling your yarn inside of the skein.

Hey... it could happen!  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:20 pm
Your theory is pure genius!! I am convinced you are right. 'sides, it explains why the only time my yarn ever knots is right as the prof walks by my chair, thus bringing him into an area of the lecture hall he's never in. (I never would have survived History of Modern Design with out my crochet- its what got me re-hooked in fact. xd - pardon the bad pun- it was most unintended)  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff