Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
Have YOU read the Half-Blood Prince yet? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mekania

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:49 pm
The thing about Snape and Dumbledore's fight also made me think Dumbledore's death was planned for a very long time. Snape's proficiency at lying makes my head hurt sometimes. But good or bad, I still like him as a character. He's kept everyone on their toes since the very first book with his complexities.

I don't think Dumbledore was dying from the potion in cave but he was incredibly weakened and in a lot of pain. He seems to have an unwaivering trust with Snape and that makes me think he needs Snape to maintain his double agent role and perhaps aid Harry in the destruction of Voldemort. Only problem with that is now Harry and the Order despise Snape. Maybe Dumbledore left something for Harry to find that explains everything that's happened? And he does now have a portrait in the Headmistress' office.

On a side note. Do you all think the trio won't return to Hogwarts? I read an interview that Rowling said she would savor her last journey on the Hogwarts Express in the last book. But if they don't return to Hogwarts...how exactly would she do that? Unless she's using the train as a metaphor for stepping into the wizarding world or something like that.

Loie
Number two is... god I forgot the name but it starts with a B and he runs the ice cream shop. That one, however, is too farfetch.

Florean Fortescue runs the ice cream parlor so I don't think that's him. Maybe you were thinking of someone else?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:56 pm
I just finished reading it. crying So sad about Dumbledore.  

[Taste_Of_Chaos]

Mekania

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:56 pm
I came across this livejournal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/garlandgraves/3409.html#cutid1

This person's theories about R.A.B. (and the Snape/Dumbledore thing) have altered and confirmed a few of my views on the subject. I think it's the most logical theory I've heard yet. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:56 pm
Alchemic_Chick133
I just finished reading it. crying So sad about Dumbledore.
You finished reading it?! eek surprised eek OMG!!!!!!!!  

Even Angels Cry.....

Marlaina

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:44 pm
okay... before i start talking the heavy stuff... here's some things that JKR hasn't addressed that highly irritate me...

- who is Harry's secondary guardian? because they would have had to step up during the time that Black wasn't there... and well now (kind of a moot issue because he's going to be legal in less then a month... but there was a 12 year gap there too)
- where is HArry's godmother!?!? because apparently Lilly had no friends... she buddied up with James's friends... but she didn't have any of her own... only people that she talked to by the lake that one time
- is Aunt Petunia actually a Squib? because Lilly did some magic at home and didn't get nailed for it

there are others... i'll think of them later

anyway... the Lupin/Tonks thing isn't so suprising... he can't be THAT much older then she is because say the average student is 17 when they graduate Hogwarts and they said that it takes 3 years to become an Auror and in OotP she said she had just gotten out last year... so you figure she is about 22... and all references said that Lilly and James had Harry young... say 25.... it's still 19 years... but not all that bad... and it's a lot better then her being lovesick over Black... because they're second cousins, once removed... and people who think HP is evil would have a feild day with barely legal love within the family

i also think that Snape is still a good-guy for all the reasons mentioned above... plus Dumbledore said that Snape had a very compelling reason for hateing Voldemort... that was the reason that he turned spy... proably because Voldemort killed someone he loved because Lord V underestimates love...

anyone... hasn't anyone noticed that JKR has taken away yet another of Harry's saftey nets.... the Priori Incantatem.... Lord V kidnapped Olivander... proably to force Olivander to make him a new wand so that PI can never save HArry again like it did in GOF

i think that Harry will change his mind and go back to Hogwarts because it's the most sensible place for him to be... it has the most knowledgable people... he can dodge the ministry... it has one of the best libraries.... and since he's legal they can't keep him there...

also (and finally) Ginny never agreed to break up with him... she said that she had never given up on him... which knowing the Weasley women... means that she proably never will  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:05 am
I doubt Ginny and Harry will stay apart, but I don't think we'll see their relationship while Harry is busy hunting down the Horcruxes.

As for Petunia being a squib, I think that's a no - you only get squibs in wizarding familes - it's the opposite of muggles having a wizard child. Besides, Lily never did magic outside of school - the stuff Petunia mentions in book 1 about Lily turning mice into cups or whatever is just hyperbole from a jealous sister.  

Kermi

Hygienic Consumer

NotorietyJames

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:20 am
Mekania
I came across this livejournal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/garlandgraves/3409.html#cutid1

This person's theories about R.A.B. (and the Snape/Dumbledore thing) have altered and confirmed a few of my views on the subject. I think it's the most logical theory I've heard yet. ^^

I actaully dont think thats logical, as stated on the family tapestry in the black house, regulus dies the year harry was born, whereas the locked was found when he was fifteen.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:36 am
Mekania

I agree it really clears some point to me 2 eek  

Sally07

3,550 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Sally07

3,550 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:42 am
Marlaina
okay... before i start talking the heavy stuff... here's some things that JKR hasn't addressed that highly irritate me...

- who is Harry's secondary guardian? because they would have had to step up during the time that Black wasn't there... and well now (kind of a moot issue because he's going to be legal in less then a month... but there was a 12 year gap there too)
Well Harry was with his aunt meaning Blood-relative and he was protected by his aunt's blood connection with him so his aunt was his guardian
- where is HArry's godmother!?!? because apparently Lilly had no friends... she buddied up with James's friends... but she didn't have any of her own... only people that she talked to by the lake that one time
Well JK Rowling actually explains that if you have read her interview that is but she says that because they were been hunted they could only confied in Sirious
- is Aunt Petunia actually a Squib? because Lilly did some magic at home and didn't get nailed for it
No she is not a Squib JK Rowling says so in her most resently interview

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:44 am
Here is the interview JK Rowling did go here there are some questions that some of you guys had ask or might wanna ask so go here : http://www.mugglenet.com/jkrebf.shtml

here are some question of her interview mrgreen  

Sally07

3,550 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Mekania

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:49 am
NotorietyJames
Mekania

I actaully dont think thats logical, as stated on the family tapestry in the black house, regulus dies the year harry was born, whereas the locked was found when he was fifteen.

I don't know how you see it as illogical. O.o;

Yes, Regulus dies the year Harry was born but couldn't he have found and put the locket in Grimmauld place before he died? And then Harry and the gang later find the locket in that room they were cleaing. Remember, nobody had been to the Black's house for years until the Order was created. Sirius was either in Azkaban or on the run. It's quite posible the locket they couldn't open in the OotP had been there for fifteen years.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:57 am
Mekania
NotorietyJames
Mekania

Yes, Regulus dies the year Harry was born but couldn't he have found and put the locket in Grimmauld place before he died? And then Harry and the gang later find the locket in that room they were cleaing. Remember, nobody had been to the Black's house for years until the Order was created. Sirius was either in Azkaban or on the run. It's quite posible the locket they couldn't open in the OotP had been there for fifteen years.

I agree mrgreen  

Sally07

3,550 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

NotorietyJames

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:21 am
Sally07
Mekania
NotorietyJames
Mekania

I agree mrgreen

but then how did the locket get into the potion?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:36 am
RAB but it in there when he took the locket. I believe RAB is Regulus. I just have a funny feeling.  

Loie

NotorietyJames

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:58 am
Loie
RAB but it in there when he took the locket. I believe RAB is Regulus. I just have a funny feeling.

OOOH the locket in the house is the ACTUAL locket, i thought it meant that the locket in the house was the locket that is now in harrys posession. And for now i agree that RAB is regulus, but it seems too obvious a choice for JKR, and you know how she loves surprizes  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff