Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Coolest discovery EVER for knitters Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:45 pm
I knit continental (thats the one where you feed with your left hand if your right handed, right? xp ) and i like purling better then knitting. I don't know why, but my purl rows go faster then my knit rows. xp  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:54 pm
kochi~mochi
I knit continental (thats the one where you feed with your left hand if your right handed, right? xp ) and i like purling better then knitting. I don't know why, but my purl rows go faster then my knit rows. xp
I tried to purl continental, but it just feels awkward. sad It also takes me 3x's as long to purl using it. Norwegian purling goes pretty quickly for me. I wish I had someone around to hands on teach me how to properly continental purl. emo  

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:46 am
Peppermint Elf
kochi~mochi
I tried to purl continental, but it just feels awkward. sad It also takes me 3x's as long to purl using it. Norwegian purling goes pretty quickly for me. I wish I had someone around to hands on teach me how to properly continental purl. emo

When i first started purling, i was doing something really really weird. One day i was knitting (garter stitch, cause i didn't like purling) and watching my sister knit (stockinette) and something just clicked. "ooooooo" i thought to myself. "you go in /that/ way". Ever since i realized that you go in like.... okay, so you know how when you knit, you go in the loop along the needle from the back? When you purl you go along the needle from the front. If that makes any sense. *has put her 4 cents in and hopes they may have helped somehow*  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:57 pm
I really don't have purling continental down. My yarn always end up in the back.

Knitting continental, on the other hand, is a snap. Provided I don't have a paper cut on my index finger. emo  

AriRashkae

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:39 am
I've always knit and purled continental. Most of the knitters I know don't understand how I can knit continental, but I think it's because I started my yarn obsession with crocheting.
And I've always found that I knit faster continental, but I think that's because I can do all the work without much motion. And it's always been more confortable because it's more fluid.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff