Submit

Can you Be tan and goth
  Yes
  No
  *Is tired of everyone thinking they only like slipknot*
View Results

DioRte

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:45 pm
The color of your skin doesn't really matter, we're not an ethnicity. You can be tan and goth, it's just that most goths tend to like pale skin, myself included.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:18 pm
rnalice
The colour of your skin dosent matter, its all about the attitude.

i totally agree  

Poetic Witch

Feral Kitten

Beatngufan

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:04 pm
skin color, race or religion does not matter!  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:04 pm
shukaku the cursed
Thank you, about time someone has said that. I live in washington. So i dont know what the goth to other rashio is were you live but here its about....ummm. Im too lazy to do math but in my school of 1,500 odd students there are MAYBE 20 goths.

Hey hey, same here! High five dude! *not the washington part, the ratio thing*
........ xp .............

*actual post now...*

Yes you can be tan and goth. You can even dye your skin blue and be goth. Goth isn't about what color skin you were born with. If you like goth rock or have that whole "mindset" going on, then you're goth. If your a guy from India who listens to London After Midnight and Fields of the Nephilim, your skin's not going to be ghost white, but you'll be goth.

I don't like the whole "dressing goth makes you goth" very much because they're all these kids walking around out there decked out in chains who're thinking an interest Slipknot makes them goth. They can dress as goth as they want but I still won't call them truly goth. They just dress it, but nothing else counts toward their "gothicness". *Opinion, don't attack me. If you have something to say, PM me.*  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Konatafangrl

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:43 pm
i dont think your skin color should matter deary I dont wear powder most of the time im half mexican and im white so im pretty dark i actually feel comfy not wearing it ^-^ I still look pretty with the rest of the make up. Do what you feel comfy in sweetie ^-^ if people judge you for not being pail there just ignorant.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:35 am
XWraith_LordX
shukaku the cursed
Thank you, about time someone has said that. I live in washington. So i dont know what the goth to other rashio is were you live but here its about....ummm. Im too lazy to do math but in my school of 1,500 odd students there are MAYBE 20 goths.

Hey hey, same here! High five dude! *not the washington part, the ratio thing*

The ratio does seem rather high. In my school we have 1800 students total, but only about two to three goths, and next year I believe that I'll be the only one left at my school.  

DreamerSpirit

TheWitchGotRobin

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:01 am
Being half Puerto Rican, the sun has it's way with me whether I like it or not. I'm still a lot paler than I could be, but I don't really like how I look with a tan. It wouldn't stop me from being who I am though.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:32 pm
Half Filipino, half white... I'm paler than I could be, but in the summer I tan a lot.

I just hate when the tan's not even...  

Sica_Lunae

Saint Of Demons

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:48 pm
yes a tan person can be gothic. Your skin color has nothing at all to do with it its 100% your attitude. Although most goths would peffer to be pale it truely does not matter since your in a group that wants to be disconnected with the main stream there is no descrimination at least there shouldn't be.

I don't mean to be racist but personally i think black goths look creepier than white goths cause all of their body is dark. Saying they're wearing black. (please don't take this as a racist comment it was not ment to be one)  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:28 pm
shukaku the cursed

ha.
the school i was going to, there were 1,670 students (+/- a few) and only 4 goths (not counting me
)

mechanical kitsy

Bloody Loon

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:49 pm
Yeah... Um... I go to a school with about 750 students... In the high school... there is ONE other goth... besides me... In the middle school (another 500 something students, there is one more...) That makes a total amount of 1250+ students with 3 goths, including me... Not too many... And those are the only goths I know personally my age...

So, going by your stats, out of those 20 goth students, I would have to bet that at least half of them are poseurs who are just doing it to be cool... Probably the ones who went on about hot topic...  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:49 am
Angi-Atrocity
o.O Y u k i O.o
im 50% native american and 50% irish so i can get pretty damn tanned in the summer and personally i dont care lol its just skin

I'm 67% Native American, 5% Irish, and 28% Finnish.

...and I'm in color guard, being tan is difficult to avoid
being in the sun for 6 hours a day spinning a flag...

yeah but whatever at least i dont get sunburns XD so i would much rather tan away then burn and peel  

xX x0mbie Xx

destinygirl_8

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:36 pm
honestly..color of skin doesnt matter..just be yourself lol i'm in a goth guild saying this but honestly people care way too much about what others think. We get so wrapped up in saying "If i'm guna be goth can i do this?" Honestly thats not how its supost to be.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:54 pm
Uh, yes.
You can do whatever the hell you want. You don't have to live in a little 'goth bubble'.  

Vexworth

Kinky Taco

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:46 pm
I think anyone, no matter what their skin tone is, can be a member of the Goth Culture.
I personally am White..... but how pale I am, I look neon-white. The skin tone doesn't matter. It's the way you are.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff