Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
do you ever do this? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Caitiebear

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:20 pm
Lee Kushrenada
so I just got back from seeing the new pirates of the caribbean, (yes I can say, "of the caribbean" I'm not so lazy that I can just say pirates and every one thinks, is he just talking about pirates, or the movie that has made so populare that they don't have to use the full tital, just the first word. -end rant)
and just about the hole time I'm looking at elizabeth brocade outfit, and I'm trying to see how they made it.
"her sleaves are not the same as the bodice, mabe they costom made the fabric, I would love to costom order fabric, really it would not be that hard to made that, oh he's cute, nice jacket, I wonder how its made-
xp I can never just watch movies, I have to look at the costumes and think to myself if I'ed have time to make that and wear it.
am I the only one who dose this, pleas tell me that I'm not the only of my bread. ::shivers at the word "bread'::

Oh sweetie I'm RIGHT there with you. It's awful.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:45 am
Dances with Squirrels
My fiancee took me to see Epic Movie, and in one part, they're wearing chainmaille, only not. So I was leaning forward to see what it was, and all of a sudden, I got it: it was garter stitch knitting in a metallic yarn. I sat there gaping and pointing at the screen, and my fiancee about ruptured something, he was laughing so hard.

My inner crafter sometimes screams to be heard. sweatdrop

That's an old trick for making chian mail on the cheap- they used it in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. It dosen't even have to be metalic yarn. Cotton works really wel when you knit up the whole thing, then soak it and hang it up to line dry.

After working with theatre costumes for so many years, I will occasionally haul people to movies just so I can watch the costumes... but I have a friend whose worse. He's a composer trying to get into movie scoring, so at the end of a movie we'll just sit there talking about clothes and music, while our other friends sit there shaking their heads.  

Blue-eyes-green

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:22 am
I got home from seeing Pirates 3 (yes, i am that lazy, leave me alone. xp ) and i started writing and sketching all my notes about Elizabeth's outfit - the one with all the embroidery and armor and stuff.

My mom has started shaking her head at me when we go to the theater... "Her hem is uneven..... look at that! Her skirt is brushing the floor on one side and not on the other...." but i don't say anything, because... talk about rude, talking during a performance. But during intermission...
Mom: So what do you think?
Me: Did you see the blue dress?
Mom: You liked it?
Me: Oh yeah, i liked the detailing on the bodice. But did you see the skirt? The hems were uneven....
Mom: *sigh*  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:54 pm
Ive done that, watch a movie and wonder if i could make the outfits, and think about how cute they are.lol  

sablejasmine

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces