Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
The names people call you. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Conall the Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:17 pm
I got 'Grammar Nazi' once, and I took it as an insult. He became aquainted with my short temper rather quickly.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:52 am
I've been called "The Human Dictionary", "OCD Cat" (short for my real name), and "Grammar Demon".

My personal favorite was bestowed to me by my psychology teacher. "INSANE WOMAN!". It has a nice ring to it.

For the record, I am a sadist with OCD and many people who have training in psychology have told me that I'm not all right in the head. I believe the fact that I agree with them is enough proof of that.  

Sorinchako

-l- Eli -l-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:21 pm
I gave myself my name... I am GRAMMAR GIRL!

However I am always locked in combat with my evil alter-ego... Typo Queen...

gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:40 pm
For me, Nothing
Their to busy focusing in on calling me "Skid" or "Nasty trash" to Notice that I'm correcting every other word they say.
& When they do notice, they just think up more pointlessly desperate labels to throw at me.

But By my friends, I'm known as, A-Man-Duhhdictionary
(My real names Amanda)
:

&- Since I'm pretty good at math, A-Man-Duhhnominate

kirakin

Desann4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:41 am
My friends called me a Grammar Nazi but I took that as a compliment. It's because here, in Gaia, I'm REAL picky with those who I talk to. But other people at school call me the "Literator 2.0", which I like.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:38 am
People call me a Grammar Nazi as well.

FlLM

Jake0504

Dapper Dabbler

4,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:11 am
Aw....I've never been given a nickname about my grammar skills...although,I got a 0 to 2 mistakes on every activitiy in school...But I have been called Palelogram(my name's Paulo),although...I'm not that good with math razz .  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:07 am
Hmm.. I usually get called a "grammar nazi", "a*****e", and/or a "b*****d", and usually these insults come from my girlfriend....  

l3viathan

Feather Kana

Sparkly Spirit

18,725 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:43 am
I don't make a habit of correcting others' grammer even though it makes me wince. If I do, I usually get called snob, uppity, or showoff.

Or, all too often, Little Miss Perfect.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:07 pm
My boyfriend usually calls me the Walking Dictionary... it used to bug me, but then I found other things to be irritated by smile .

Later.  

Krysannia

5,900 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

Fuujin-chan

Sparkly Gekko

8,000 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:30 pm
Hm...around here? Typically "Grammar Nazi". Especially since I have a German last name.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:33 pm
Nothing, really, since I don't often correct people outloud. Sometimes I do, but then it's only with the people who know me...sort of. Whenever we have to proof-read our essays/reports in class, everyone wants me to do theirs because I catch little things. People in my school like me because I'm smart and help them with their grades...since they aren't the smartest people. My grammar skills are taken for granted everywhere.  

Cherished Strawberries

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

babrynth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:57 pm
I've never really been called anything, but I'm kind of rude when it comes to correcting people. I laugh at my sister when she says grammatically incorrect things, but she doesn't care that much, so it's okay. I don't like talking to people who are "txt tlk"-ish, it just makes me want to scream... I even do sometimes... ;D Oh well, haha.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:55 am
No one really calls me any names, but I do get, "We're not in English class!"  

Anriasia Michiho

TigerMisty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:59 pm
My friend Josh calls me "The Grammer Logic Master." I'm always correcting his dumb mistakes and figuring out his trick questions.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff