Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
Who is R.A.B? (6th book spolier STAY AWAY!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Magenta Platypus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:40 pm
Ah... Good thinking, Sky! wink

Something to add: If Regulus had the locket at Grimmauld Place, no one would even think to perform a search, since all the Blacks (except Sirius) were Death Eaters or in cahoots with the DEs or Voldemort. Therefore, there'd be no suspicion on the Blacks! Brilliant. surprised  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:13 pm
I immediately thought of Regulus Black when I read that! It has to be him. I didn't even think of the locket at Grimmauld Place, but now that it's been mentioned, it makes me think of Regulus even more. And didn't Voldemort kill Regulus?! It is totally him.  

Crystalio

Fortune Cookies Lie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:59 am
As others already said: Regulus Black.

3nodding

No second guesses.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:43 pm
He is the only one that would fit  

lilyeve

monochan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:07 pm
except for someone we haven't met yet, of course...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:35 am
My guess is Regulus A. Black, Sirius's brother. Sirius said he was a Death Eater who tried to back out and was killed. Maybe he was the one who got to the Horcrux first.  

Psycho_Ryko

tvkid2471

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:10 pm
Psycho_Ryko
My guess is Regulus A. Black, Sirius's brother. Sirius said he was a Death Eater who tried to back out and was killed. Maybe he was the one who got to the Horcrux first.

and that makes sence because by trying to back out voldemorte knew he would look for the horcruxe and thus wanted to kill him....Regul;as wanted to help the good like Sirius!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:52 pm
All good points. It's Regulus without a doubt.  

ceebee skank

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:07 am
Maybe if I reread the books? Though the first thought is Regulus.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:27 am
There's only one problem with this guess. JKR stated in an interview that Regulus isn't RAB. It's on mugglenet and leaky cauldren.  

ladytiamat

Aari-chan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:52 am
ladytiamat
There's only one problem with this guess. JKR stated in an interview that Regulus isn't RAB. It's on mugglenet and leaky cauldren.
No, she just said it was a good guess. Here's the exact quotes(MA stands for Melissa Anelli):
MA: We've come up with Regulus Black.

JKR: Have you now?

MA: Uh-oh.

[Laughter.]

JKR: Well, I think that would be, um, a fine guess.

Regulus is the most likely. I checked the H.P. Lexicon and there are only three other names that at least fit the R and the B criteria. They are:
Bungs, Rosalind Antigone
Hermione comes across this name when she is searching for someone with the initials "R.A.B."

OR

Brookstanton, Rupert 'Axebanger'
Hermione again comes across this name when she is searching for someone with the initials "R.A.B."

OR

Brand, Rudolf
Captain of the Heidelberg Harriers who, at the end of a famous match with the Holyhead Harpies, proposed marriage to the Harpies' team captain, Gwendolyn Morgan; she whacked him over the head with her broom

Hermione says that the first two are highly unlikely and the last one doesn't seem to be a death eater to me. Also, don't just read the Books. Quidditch through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them holds information as well. So, It has to be Regulus Black, who is said to be killed for trying to escape from the life of a Death Eater or a new character. Ah, If only we had Luna here to help us with new names biggrin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:03 pm
Aari-chan
ladytiamat
No, she just said it was a good guess. Here's the exact quotes(MA stands for Melissa Anelli):
MA: We've come up with Regulus Black.

JKR: Have you now?

MA: Uh-oh.

[Laughter.]

JKR: Well, I think that would be, um, a fine guess.

Regulus is the most likely. I checked the H.P. Lexicon and there are only three other names that at least fit the R and the B criteria. They are:
Bungs, Rosalind Antigone
Hermione comes across this name when she is searching for someone with the initials "R.A.B."

OR

Brookstanton, Rupert 'Axebanger'
Hermione again comes across this name when she is searching for someone with the initials "R.A.B."

OR

Brand, Rudolf
Captain of the Heidelberg Harriers who, at the end of a famous match with the Holyhead Harpies, proposed marriage to the Harpies' team captain, Gwendolyn Morgan; she whacked him over the head with her broom

Hermione says that the first two are highly unlikely and the last one doesn't seem to be a death eater to me. Also, don't just read the Books. Quidditch through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them holds information as well. So, It has to be Regulus Black, who is said to be killed for trying to escape from the life of a Death Eater or a new character. Ah, If only we had Luna here to help us with new names biggrin

thanks for the exact quotes. the way it sounds to me is that JKR is saying that it's wrong, but i don't know. i might be mistaken, but the obvious choice isn't always the correct one. hence why i love sherlock holmes. that's the entire point of his method of reason.  

ladytiamat

The Red Coyote

Desirable Vampire

6,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:21 am
Oh and people As every one should know by now i am head of the rping in this quild. And i was hopeing that all the people that likes to rp would join. Here is the link if you cant find it. http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=1383871&page=1 Its called ~H.P And The Order Of Phoenix rp~. Thx for your time.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:03 pm
R.A.B. is Regulous Black (can't spell first name). You know, Sirus's brother?  

Kizule

windy_star

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:04 am
ppl say i'm wrong at skl but i think dat its 3 ppl in a plot or sum1 related 2 voldemort and doesn't no it but da person is a goodie i no i'm rong
crying  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces