Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Enlightenment Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Twack

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:37 am
After reading your big post, i though of something. I've had a similar dream. in short me+a*****e=fight, he riped out my esphogus. I woke up with a sore throught.

But some one mentioned to me that it might repersent him ripping out my Throught Chakra, wich in turn repersents him removing my ablity to speak

You said you were stabed in your stomach and you ribs in the back, is it excalty where your stomach,as in the organ, is or more the general area?

My guess would be that it symbolised that you've been taking on much more then you can handle, Since you were stabed, and actualy bleed then i think it's quite serious.
but just my assumption  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:22 pm
Xenocide429
After reading your big post, i though of something. I've had a similar dream. in short me+a*****e=fight, he riped out my esphogus. I woke up with a sore throught.

But some one mentioned to me that it might repersent him ripping out my Throught Chakra, wich in turn repersents him removing my ablity to speak

You said you were stabed in your stomach and you ribs in the back, is it excalty where your stomach,as in the organ, is or more the general area?

My guess would be that it symbolised that you've been taking on much more then you can handle, Since you were stabed, and actualy bleed then i think it's quite serious.
but just my assumption

thats an interesting dream.
Kinda in the kidney area in the back of my ribs, and then a bit more in the front, along the same ribs..
how can it symbolize that i'm taking on too much? I can't see the connection. No offense meant, just curious how you pull that conclusion.
The bleeding so far I am blaming on self-mutilation until I have a reason to believe otherwise. smile  

Belial750

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:49 pm
You're the second person I've heard of that has had a dream where they were stabbed in a dream and woke up with a stab wound in real life. The other person was also in this guild 3nodding

I could probably find Christo's post, if you wanted. It's been a while, but I knowi t's around here somewhere...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:36 am
that would be nice...  

Belial750

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:16 am
Oops... I'm thinking that was before all the posts in the guild got removed for the renovation of the new guild system. I looked back through all the previous threads and didn't see where it would be. Sorry.

I remember it well, enough, though. It went like this:

Christo was having a dream where he was a high-ranking person in Egypt (possibly a pharoh, but I don't recall, exactly). What was really odd was that everyone was talking in a language he'd never heard before. He believed (later when he was retelling the story) that this was a memory of a past life he once had. Anyway, a beautiful woman walked in (whom he felt was someone close to him, probably his lover. She walked up to him and, out of the blue, stabbed him. He woke up, went to the bathroom, and looked where he had been stabbed (the chest) and saw a cut there. He... was freaked out (as anyone would be).

I may have left out a few things or not remembered everything exactly right, but that's basically how it went. If he was on Gaia more, I'd tell you to PM him, if you wanted, but I haven't seen him in a few months at least sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:59 pm
hmm.. you know. that story actually is exactly the same as what happens in the movie "The Mummy"  

Belial750

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:16 pm
You'd have to ask him if he had recently watched it or not lol. Either way, it doesn't take away from the fact that he woke up with a cut that was not there when he went to sleep.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:35 pm
Atma311
You'd have to ask him if he had recently watched it or not lol. Either way, it doesn't take away from the fact that he woke up with a cut that was not there when he went to sleep.

ha, im not doubting the credibility. smile just curious if that would have any influence if he DID watch it...  

Belial750

Belial750

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:23 pm
so.. I went to the book store the other day looking for a book about wicca or paganism for some reading. I walked out having spent $78.60. lol

These are the books I picked up.

- The COMPLETE IDIOT's guide to Paganism (for fun)
- Wicca - A guide for the solitary Practitioner (by Cunningham)
- Wiccan Beliefs & Practices (by Cantrell)
- Living Wicca (by Cunningham)

and for fun, because I love reading these hilarious books.

- The Satanic Bible (by Anton LaVey, Lost my old copy sad )
- Necronomicon (why not)

but anyhoo, Nihilistic Seraph told me about Cunningham, so I decided to go for him.

With the above mentioned books(the first four at least), can anyone tell me the accuracy of them?
I don't want to fill my head with nonsense. lol  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:47 pm
Cunningham FTW! I think every Pagan owns at least one of his books, if not more 3nodding I don't agree with everything he says, but I definitely say his books are worth reading to anyone who asks.

I've seen the other two, but have yet to read them (mostly due to money... or lack thereof). I think you picked some good books, but you be the judge.  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Belial750

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:26 pm
Atma311
Cunningham FTW! I think every Pagan owns at least one of his books, if not more 3nodding I don't agree with everything he says, but I definitely say his books are worth reading to anyone who asks.

I've seen the other two, but have yet to read them (mostly due to money... or lack thereof). I think you picked some good books, but you be the judge.

ha, well thats a relief smile
I can't wait to read them. I am saving them for my trip.
starting this wednesday at 5pm my time. I am going to be on my trip to europe. I will be there til late june 27th. I will have a computer for a lot of it though. So i should still be here. Just not nearly as often til I get back. I plan on finishing 23 books.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:53 am
I second what Atma says about being your own judge. In doing so, it is important to read a wide variety of sources and come to your own conclusions. That's what everyone does, regardless of how academic they are about it. People interpret the same base evidence and facts differently.

I also can't recommend Intro Paganism by the Higginbotham's enough. It's one of the few books that actually goes into theology, and for that it gets a gold star. It is also a good idea to do a at least a little in the academic route. Check out anthropoligies on 'primitive' or 'savage' cultures, though you will not find that at a Borders or Barnes and Noble... only a university library for the most part. It's worth looking at to get perspective!

I also have to say you must read at least something by Ravenwolf. She gets so much flak and ends up being a generalized scapegoat and yet many of the critics haven't even bothered to read her stuff and make up their own minds about her content. To Ride a Silver Broomstick isn't that great, but when I gave To Light a Sacred Flame a breeze through recently I was pleasantly surprised at some of the depth of the material as she actually braught up issues of spiritual development instead of the basic 101 blah I'm so used to seeing.  

Starlock
Crew

Pelta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:44 am
I like Cunningham, but I've never been a fan of any books that label themselves as "Wicca." Wicca can't be taught from a book. If you're looking for a broader approach to paganism, you might be better off with Cunningham's more general introductions, like Earth Magic or his sequel to it. Wicca gets all the press so it's what people go for first, but keep an open mind. Look in to the other stuff as well.

Starlock recommended anthropology. I'm going to second that, especially if you're interested in theology. The Golden Bough by Sir James Frazer is an absolute gem. You should be able to find that in most bookshops; I got mine second hand for a few Euro.

Speaking of which, enjoy your trip to Europe! biggrin Where do you plan on visiting?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:52 am
It's good to go a bit beyond Frazier too. There was one particularly interesting work I wish I could give another more detailed read called "Stolen Lightening: A Social Theory of Magic" or something close to that. While thetext was somewhat more limited because of how the author decided to define magic from a sociological point of view, it was still quite interesting.  

Starlock
Crew

Belial750

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:08 am
hmm,. Looks like I have a larger book list smile No worries. I Love amazon. XD
hmm. I leave today actually, for europe. I leave today at 5pm my time.
I will have internet access late at night. I am going to italy, france, spain, germany, and england smile  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff